The Student Room Group

The thigh gap

Hey guys. After discussing with friends, I want to know your opinions on the thigh gap. I think it's a very rare and attractive feature in girls, and also makes their but look a lot nicer. But some of my friends think it just shows that the girl doesn't eat enough. What causes the thigh gap? Genetics or lack of food? Do other guys find it attractive? What are girls' opinions on it? Is it something you crave for? I'm not trying to be sexist and objectify women and categorise them. I'm just genuinely interested in the matter, and what other guys and girls think.

Scroll to see replies

It's caused by genetics.

I wouldn't mind having one (be nice to have something that everyone else wanted for once) but I'm not bothered that I don't have one either.
Meh.
Reply 2
I have a slight thigh gap but I wouldn't say it's genetic because none of the ladies in my family even have a slight one :smile:

I'd like more of a gap, but I'm not obsessive with it, I think having a proper proper thigh gap is really really unattractive (no I'm not gay, not even in the slightest but I know what an attractive girl looks like) :smile:
A bit of a gap is ok, but when with ankles together there's a 5" gap, that's just not natural. I wouldn't mind a thigh gap so long as my legs weren't wasted away to achieve it because IMO that's more unattractive than for example toned thighs that do touch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally I prefer no thigh gap really, but a small thigh gap I think is still attractive and perfectly okay. In fact, a small gap is quite attractive, it needs to be just right, naturally that is the case for most people. On some people though where the gap is clearly odd because it's too big, I don't find that attractive at all. So, no gap or a naturally small gap for me is all good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
If its a gap where the legs go in afterwards I really don't like it - like where the girls has no muscle at all on the thigh.

I think a bit of a gap looks quite nice, but no gap is also very nice... I just like girl's legs lol

I don't see why anyone should strive for it - I think its probably one of those things you either have or you don't... There are much more important things (just being a healthy weight) and in real life no one cares at ALL about the distance between your thighs.
Reply 6
It depends on how wide your hips are. Even if you're tiny you still might not have one because your hips are too narrow. I don't understand the fixation on it to be honest. But then I've seen my best friend, who suffered with anorexia, obsess over thigh gaps and how prominent her collar bones and rib cage were.
Reply 7
At lot of people find it incredibly attractive. As a matter of fact, it's an indication of malnutrition and being severely underweight. If you look at the the knees of people with thigh gaps, in most cases you'll see a bow. A thigh gap is a perfect example of rickets.

Personally, it's not a pretty sight and through personal experience, it's not healthy either.
Reply 8
Original post by Faberry
At lot of people find it incredibly attractive. As a matter of fact, it's an indication of malnutrition and being severely underweight. If you look at the the knees of people with thigh gaps, in most cases you'll see a bow. A thigh gap is a perfect example of rickets.

Personally, it's not a pretty sight and through personal experience, it's not healthy either.

By personal experience, do you mean you used to have a thigh gap?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a thigh gap and have never understood the fascination of it. If you're ugly what good does it do :jester:
Original post by Faberry

....im a size 10/12 and have a thigh gap, you can be curvy and healthy and have it too
To those that think gaps are for unweight girls that don't eat.

315963_501331656588159_1603553132_n.jpg

She looks like she's of a good weight to me.

Gap is sexy. I like it on all girls except those that are horrendously boney.

I read today that some fake celebrity Maria Fowler had liposuction (despite her being thin already) and now has a gap after surgery. Which she then posted on Twitter asking to join the "Gap Group". A little to far IMO...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Starfisher
To those that think gaps are for unweight girls that don't eat.

315963_501331656588159_1603553132_n.jpg

She looks like she's of a good weight to me.

Gap is sexy. I like it on all girls except those that are horrendously boney.

I read today that some fake celebrity Maria Fowler had liposuction (despite her being thin already) and now has a gap after surgery. Which she then posted on Twitter asking to join the "Gap Group". A little to far IMO...

That's not really a proper thigh gap, I mean like a bigger vertical gap rather than horizontal. The girl in the picture has a small gap right at the top of her legs, which is normal for every girl isn't it? I'll find an example of what I mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I mean something like the girl on this page.

http://alainsoriano.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/thigh-gap-new-trend.html?m=1

There are loads more examples, but basically I mean a very distinct gap running down between her legs.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fajitamunch
That's not really a proper thigh gap, I mean like a bigger vertical gap rather than horizontal. The girl in the picture has a small gap right at the top of her legs, which is normal for every girl isn't it? I'll find an example of what I mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean this?

934653_502566573131334_1397218672_n.png

God she looks hot.

EDIT: Just seen your post.

The gap is the gap. The difference between the girl in my above post and the girl in that link is muscle size of their thighs by the looks of it. But no, I don't think every girl has the small gap like in my link.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Do you mean this?

934653_502566573131334_1397218672_n.png

God she looks hot.

Yeah that's the sort of thigh gap in mean. Is she just like that because she doesn't eat enough? Or does she have lucky genetics? I've never seen a fat girls with a thigh gap, which could mean it's due to malnutrition. However, it could also mean that genetically she's supposed to have a thigh gap, but all the fat 'fills up' the gap. I'm confused :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
She looks like a pretty healthy girl to me, weight wise. I've never seen a large girl with a gap like that at all, never seen one with a small gap like I first posted either. Must be a mix of genetics, body weight and thigh muscle size.

Need some women to shed light here.

But until then...I'm perving on some more thigh gap photos. :banana:
Reply 17
She looks like a pretty healthy girl to me, weight wise. I've never seen a large girl with a gap like that at all, never seen one with a small gap like I first posted either. Must be a mix of genetics, body weight and thigh muscle size.

Need some women to shed light here.

But until then...I'm perving on some more thigh gap photos. :banana:

Yep, they are very interesting to look at. Tip, there's a Facebook page called the thigh gap, and has loads of pictures of thigh gaps, you might wanna check it out :wink: but yeah, GIRLS please share your opinions and anything that you know about thigh gaps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fajitamunch
Yep, they are very interesting to look at. Tip, there's a Facebook page called the thigh gap, and has loads of pictures of thigh gaps, you might wanna check it out :wink: but yeah, GIRLS please share your opinions and anything that you know about thigh gaps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh I'm way ahead of you buddy. :wink: :excited:
I really don't get the obsession over thigh gap!

Please concern yourself with other issues ladies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending