The Student Room Group

Cie igcse physics paper 3

Hi i have my Cambridge IGCSE physics PAPER 3 next week thursday
I am willing to help anyone who has doubts or is stuck
just post your questions and i shall help u
:smile:
Reply 1
I'm taking this too, is there certain areas I should focus on revising? My weakest area is electricity so i'm revising that, alongside formulas (no formula sheet supplied is there?)
Reply 2
Original post by physicshelper
Hi i have my Cambridge IGCSE physics PAPER 3 next week thursday
I am willing to help anyone who has doubts or is stuck
just post your questions and i shall help u

Same here!!!!
I always struggle with the energy changes ( All forms of different changes..)
Don't which one to put . e.g. internal energy, chemical, heat, sound, etc..

And i am not so good at explain the behaviour of the molecules when it comes to evaporation or causing pressure or changing state :frown: Help me!!
Reply 3
Pressure is best understood through experiments showing brownian motion.

Put some smoke particles in a glass cell, and illuminate it you can see the motion of large smoke particles. They appear to undergo lots of small, random movements. This is because there are lots of small but fast-moving air molecules in the glass cell and the pressure inside is exerted in every direction.

Solids are collections of particles held strongly in fixed positions around which they vibrate. When particles in a solid have enough kinetic energy they overcome the attractive forces, thus doing work, and can move freely around each other. Same sort of thing happens with liquid molecules when they turn into a gas.

Relationships between Volume, Pressure and Temperature:
Pressure Law (Fixed Volume) - Pressure goes up, Temperature (Kelvin) goes up proportionally
Charles' Law (Fixed Pressure) - Temperature (Kelvin) up, Volume goes up proportionally
Boyle's Law (Fixed Temperature) - Starting Pressure x Starting Volume = New Pressure x New Volume

Sorry for the long-winded explanation but I hope it is of use to someone.:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by microseb
Pressure is best understood through experiments showing brownian motion.

Put a smoke particles in a glass cell, and illuminate it you can see the motion of large smoke particles. They appear to undergo lots of small, random movements. This is because there are lots of small but fast-moving air molecules in the glass cell and the pressure inside is exerted in every direction.

Solids are collections of static particles held strongly in fixed positions around which they vibrate. When particles in a solid have enough kinetic energy they overcome the attractive forces, thus doing work, and can move freely around each other. Same sort of thing happens with liquid molecules when they turn into a gas.

Relationships between Volume, Pressure and Temperature:
Pressure Law (Fixed Volume) - Pressure goes up, Temperature (Kelvin) goes up proportionally
Charles' Law (Fixed Pressure) - Temperature (Kelvin) up, Volume goes up proportionally
Boyle's Law (Fixed Temperature) - Starting Pressure x Starting Volume = New Pressure x New Volume

Sorry for the long-winded explanation but I hope it is of use to someone.:smile:

Thanks!!!
Reply 5
The area i am struggling with is vectors.
Reply 6
vectors is very simple
A vector quantity is one which has both magnitude and direction
So an example of a vector quantity is FORCE
A force has both magnitude e.g(10 Newtons) and a force also has direction e.g. (upwards or downwards)
Other example of vectors are Velocity, and moments
Hope it helped....:smile:

Everyone doing this exam.......i would recommend you do this paper before the exam, as this has been the hardest paper ever....... if you do well in this paper .................Physics igcse 2013 should be a walkover
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20IGCSE/Physics%20(0625)/0625_s11_qp_31.pdf
Reply 7
Besides Jun 2011, which year is the hardest??
Reply 8
Thank you so much.:smile:
Reply 9
Besides june 2011
i would recommend you do these papers
they are much harder
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20O%20Level/Physics%20(5054)/

do these papers especially SECTION B
GOOD LUCK:smile:
Reply 10
What are these papers? I am doing 0625 papers.
Reply 11
these papers are a bit harder than what we do
so if u really wanna ace the exam u should have a go at one of these
Reply 12
Thanks. I am doing paper 31 which not a practical paper.:smile:
How was it for you? Did you do paper 31? I found it so tricky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending