The Student Room Group

Higher Information Systems 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jjoossiiff
this is what I got for 3NF..

I don't remember exactly what I got in my 3NF although it looked completely different from yours. :frown:
here is my 3NF, did anyone get similar to this:

20130508_004509[1].jpg
Reply 42
Original post by G4henderson

20130508_004509[1].jpg

Thats what I got to!
Reply 43
Original post by G4henderson

20130508_004509[1].jpg

Mines is almost exactly the same except on the enitity with Stock No, Term and Student No, I have Stock No and Term as the compound primary key. I'm probably missing something but how can you identify "Term" with just stock No and student No?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam877
Mines is almost exactly the same except on the enitity with Stock No, Term and Student No, I have Stock No and Term as the compound primary key. I know someone else that got the same as you so I must be missing something but how can you identify "Term" with just stock No and student No?

****! I did the exact same but never did student no with term or stock Id as an entity I got it right i guess until the third form... How many marks will i lose? I actually found the paper quite tough..
Reply 45
By the looks of it a lot of people found the paper difficult! Hopefully the pass mark will be lowered if this is the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nfergs
By the looks of it a lot of people found the paper difficult! Hopefully the pass mark will be lowered if this is the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone always says that, it never happens :frown:
I originally chose item and stock number along with student number for the primary keys, but I could not progress to the next stage. I dropped item as the primary key so just used stock number and student number and managed to proceed that way. I do not know if that is right, I have never had just one additional primary key before. Did anyone else have a similar problem.
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Everyone always says that, it never happens :frown:

I found it pretty tough too it was hardly any K AND U and it usually is :frown: hopefully getting a C though I would really be hoping for a B I lost ALOT of marks i think..
Original post by Nfergs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got yesterday's paper could you take pictures and post it online please I left mine there yesterday :frown: and what did you right in section two question for social ethical and legality? And trustworthy presentation and timing for the recording question of you could post the paper I would be so happy thanks :colondollar::smile:
The normalisation question was posted a page or 2 ago. has anyone got any alternative ways of doing it?
Reply 51
Original post by Sohaibahmed123
Have you got yesterday's paper could you take pictures and post it online please I left mine there yesterday :frown: and what did you right in section two question for social ethical and legality? And trustworthy presentation and timing for the recording question of you could post the paper I would be so happy thanks :colondollar::smile:

Sorry I don't have the paper or anything at all to do with the subject anymore since I gave everything back to my teacher afterwards! Oh god, that section II question was definitely my worst, I don't even remember what I wrote but it's probably completely wrong! I'm not really best person to ask for answers...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Hello all, last year after browsing around I came across this website whilst looking up about the Standard Grade Maths exam and on here someone had posted the answers and the paper so I could relate my answers and make a guess as to my results so I was wondering if anyone has done the same for the Info Systems exam we just sat.

With that said, how do you guys think you done? The normalisation really screwed me over, but after talking with friends it felt like I was the only one!
Hi guys, how did the exam go. I found it slightly hard. What did you guys choose for question 2 where it had 2 table and said choose from either 1NF, 2NF,3NF
Reply 54
Original post by Adykonvict1
Hi guys, how did the exam go. I found it slightly hard. What did you guys choose for question 2 where it had 2 table and said choose from either 1NF, 2NF,3NF

I wrote 2NF but it was a complete guess :/
Reply 55

I think I wrote 1NF as a guess since it was the answer in a similar question I had done the night before and I just made up a reason which was probably completely wrong. :rolleyes:
Original post by Nfergs
I think I wrote 1NF as a guess since it was the answer in a similar question I had done the night before and I just made up a reason which was probably completely wrong. :rolleyes:

Also I found the housetyle question tricky,what did you write. I wrote font size, font style , alignment, color. However I guess that's just one aspect of houstyle.and for the next question I wrote you can enforce a housetyle using a master slide. Some people in my school said cascading style sheets.But isn't that just the same thing?
Reply 57
Also I found the housetyle question tricky,what did you write. I wrote font size, font style , alignment, color. However I guess that's just one aspect of houstyle.and for the next question I wrote you can enforce a housetyle using a master slide. Some people in my school said cascading style sheets.But isn't that just the same thing?

For house style I'm sure you must mention the word consistent to get the marks. I wrote something along the lines of maintain a consistent font colour, size etc. I don't even remember writing an answer to the next question so that's not a good sign...
Reply 58

Yeah font size, style, colour ect is correct I think. Im not 100% on this but because the question asked about maintaining a house style on a website I think you have to say style sheet as a masterslide is for use in presentations.
Well that's another 4 marks blown away by me,lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending