The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Octopus_Garden
Keine Ahnung.
Je ne sais pas.

But the U students must really resent you!

I know not to apply even actual statistics to individuals!:tongue:

Okay

A* = Female
A/A* = Male
C = Female
Us = Male

The Us use it as a sleeping lesson, plus they've had fun in the class :tongue:

A* is definitely picking it
The journalist is the A/A* he said if he gets an A* he'll deffo pick it :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Okay

A* = Female
A/A* = Male
C = Female
Us = Male

The Us use it as a sleeping lesson, plus they've had fun in the class :tongue:

A* is definitely picking it
The journalist is the A/A* he said if he gets an A* he'll deffo pick it :tongue:
Le Francais les aide dormir?

The French helps them to sleep?

Drop between 1996 and 2012: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/mar/20/anti-european-children-learning-languages
(edited 10 years ago)
Nothing has changed in our attitudes, nope! I'm just sort of hopeful that some children will choose to do A-level after a quasi-compulsory key stage 4, that would otherwise have dropped it after keystage 3. Even though my hope is not borne out by the data from 2003...

This is A-levels 2003.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2003/aug/14/alevels2003.alevels1

Always interesting to see how 'feminine' language study is. In my classes I can count all the men on just about two hands. Yet if you look at the 'Polyglot Community' on the Internet, it's overwhelmingly male. How interesting. Anyone shed a little light on that? :s-smilie:
Original post by constantmeowage
Always interesting to see how 'feminine' language study is. In my classes I can count all the men on just about two hands. Yet if you look at the 'Polyglot Community' on the Internet, it's overwhelmingly male. How interesting. Anyone shed a little light on that? :s-smilie:
There are no girls on the internet!
Es gibt keine Frauen ins Internet!
Le Francais les aide dormir?

The French helps them to sleep?

Drop between 1996 and 2012: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2013/mar/20/anti-european-children-learning-languages

Lack of teacher :mmm:

Languages are wonderful, I don't know why people dislike them :frown:

It saddens me...

They're all too busy actually using the language instead of showing off on YouTube? :tongue:
Reply 806
Languages are wonderful, I don't know why people dislike them :frown:

It saddens me...

This. Loads of my friends complain about having to do a language for GCSE, and my reaction is :bawling:
Original post by EmilyJayne14
This. Loads of my friends complain about having to do a language for GCSE, and my reaction is :bawling:

A second language should be taught from a young age!

If I ever have kids I'll expose them to all the languages I know
U grades AT GCSE?!? Did they just write their name and "au revoir" on their controlled assessments? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 809
A second language should be taught from a young age!

If I ever have kids I'll expose them to all the languages I know

I totally agree!! Sometimes I'm really annoyed because my parents didn't teach me a second language, but then as they aren't amazing at languages it might have not been a good idea... my only close relatives who are good at languages now are my stepmum (who's pretty much fluent in French) and my dad (who did four languages for GCSE, and remembers some German, a little French, a tiny bit of Italian and next to no Spanish!), so maybe they'll teach my little brother to speak two languages!

I have the same intention. I'd love to have kids that can speak another language well, it would be so beneficial to them!
Original post by thatitootoo
U grades AT GCSE?!? Did they just write their name and "au revoir" on their controlled assessments? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

His highest was a C when he copied from a dictionary... :rofl:

The speakings for example were terrible... Ome didnt even do them because he knows nothing
His highest was a C when he copied from a dictionary... :rofl:

The speakings for example were terrible... Ome didnt even do them because he knows nothing

wauw That's quite shocking...hmmm but maybe the problem lies with the language...perhaps said person would have excelled in German...ya neva no :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyJayne14
I totally agree!! Sometimes I'm really annoyed because my parents didn't teach me a second language, but then as they aren't amazing at languages it might have not been a good idea... my only close relatives who are good at languages now are my stepmum (who's pretty much fluent in French) and my dad (who did four languages for GCSE, and remembers some German, a little French, a tiny bit of Italian and next to no Spanish!), so maybe they'll teach my little brother to speak two languages!

I have the same intention. I'd love to have kids that can speak another language well, it would be so beneficial to them!

Mine have nothing! :eek: Bengali is all, and I've lose fluency in that :tongue:

You should start speaking random Languages around...

Yeah! So hopefully they'll even speak to each other in different languages... Always useful when wanting to say something without others understanding :mmm:

Priority for them:

English ---> French ---> Bengali+Arabic ---> Spanish ---> Mandarin ---> German ---> Italian ---> Japanese/Russian ---> Swahili

:mmm:

lool

On the subject of Craven College...

What is your friend 21stCenturyPhantom doing now? I remember her religiously looking for a A-level German course :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
wauw That's quite shocking...hmmm but maybe the problem lies with the language...perhaps said person would have excelled in German...ya neva no :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's never made the effort... :tongue: I said it'd be beneficial for him, if he passed it...

Anyway, I want some German so I can speak with you in a different language...
He's never made the effort... :tongue: I said it'd be beneficial for him, if he passed it...

Anyway, I want some German so I can speak with you in a different language...

Hmm maybe just not his cuppa tea lol
Gute Idee, we have no other foreign languages in common.
I also speak an african language but it's not related to Swahili tho :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm maybe just not his cuppa tea lol
Gute Idee, we have no other foreign languages in common.
I speak an african language but it's not related to Swahili tho :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing is... I think he wants to do sports and drama?:dontknow:

:colonhash: what language is that?:smile:

I'll start after exams though!

Je regarde le match de foot! (c'est le final)
Nothing is... I think he wants to do sports and drama?:dontknow:

:colonhash: what language is that?:smile:

I'll start after exams though!

Je regarde le match de foot! (c'est le final)

Well uhm it's a tiny tiny language called "Edo" it's somewhat related to Igbo and Yoruba.
I would probably find Swahili easier than French, I just have 0 aptitude for romanic "tongues" lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm quite curious about how to get a U at GCSE French. I think I'm predicted C-A!

"Je utilite avoir un chien" as an attempt for "I used to have a dog"?
Well uhm it's a tiny tiny language called "Edo" it's somewhat related to Igbo and Yoruba.
I would probably find Swahili easier than French, I just have 0 aptitude for romanic "tongues" lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow!:eek: sounds so...indigenous...

Swahili is quite easy tbh :tongue: if I new all the vocab :rolleyes:

I'm quite curious about how to get a U at GCSE French. I think I'm predicted C-A!

"Je utilite avoir un chien" as an attempt for "I used to have a dog"?

Really?:redface: that's quite funny :tongue:

J'avais eu un chien? I feel silly now :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending