The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Just going to say this now,

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN ALL OF YOUR EXAMS! :biggrin:
Reply 401
0.0 hours per day...
Original post by LaughingGas
Just going to say this now,

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN ALL OF YOUR EXAMS! :biggrin:

damn right!!

ace the exams and have a damn good summer!!! Im off in exactly one month from today:biggrin:
I actually haven't been revising that much, I have a lot of homework. I'll maybe do 20-30 mins everyday. But I went to the library with a couple of friends and did 3 hours. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 404
Do you go to uni library or public?

Posted from TSR on iPhone
AS Psychology (AQA), Chemistry (OCR) and Biology (OCR). 5-10 h a day, depends. Will be closer to 10 from now on since we finished all the content and even though we don't get study leave, unofficially we don't have to attend anymore. Which helps, since I can't revise in class anyway.
Reply 406
Zilch currently. From tomorrow hopefully about 8+ hours.

I really need to start!
Reply 407
I don't understand how people do 6 or more hours of revision a day. How do you stay focused? I honestly think I would go insane.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Floalley
I honestly don't understand how people do 6 or more hours of revision a day. How do you stay focused? I honestly think I would go insane.

Agreed!! I manage 3/4 at most :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take the number of hours I should be doing, and halve it. Then times it by 0.1. That much.
Reply 410
Original post by senz72
Zilch currently. From tomorrow hopefully about 8+ hours.

I really need to start!

Significant jump from none to a lot! Will have to follow suit.
Original post by upthegunners
4 hours and no more..it's pointless doing anymore

As long as its actually effective keep going (with breaks) for asking as possible. When you realise you lose focus halfway through a sentence, then it's pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not enough hours I know that for sure
Original post by winningjojo
Agreed!! I manage 3/4 at most :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose its easier if your subjects are completely different whereas if your doing chemistry followed by biology then I suppose all that science would get somewhat overwhelming !
Original post by Tsr_helper
I suppose its easier if your subjects are completely different whereas if your doing chemistry followed by biology then I suppose all that science would get somewhat overwhelming !

Yeah the problem is 3/5 o n exams are chemistry so my brain just gets all blurghh after that time! I try to mix it up with English and French in between but tbh my attention span for revising isn't the greatest unfortunately :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS bio,chem,maths and physics

Anything from 5-10 hours a day, depending on my mood.
1 hour a night i get a s doe
Original post by stevedavis18
1 hour a night i get a s doe

yeah a's in subjects like media food tech dance
I dont think we should be counting the hours we study as a measuring tool.

I think it's easy to sit in the library for 6 hours and work for only 1 of those.

There's some good "productive schedules" out there that maximize your focus time, by working for the right amount of time and taking the right breaks.

There's one called the pomodoro technique, 120 blocks, and blind cat technique.

There's some good diagrams of the schedules here

http://www.explorecreatelive.com/?p=741&preview=true
Reply 419
This people on this website are probably a biased sample group, considering the fact that they wouldn't be here at all if they didn't care about their education, so you guys shouldn't get worried if people are doing 6 hours and you aren't - the general population is probably doing less than you. Personally I'm doing 2 hours minimum but then again I'm taking my GCSEs and on the scale of importance I guess they're near the bottom and I can get my target A grades with minimal effort really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending