The Student Room Group

Senior Physics Challenge 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by vandanparmar
My teacher said in his email to me that I got 31/32...? I wonder if it's 30/31 or 31/31...

If you see the above posts, everyone (including me) thinks the maths was out of 31...
I think it's still too early for decisions, I'm not expecting until late next week...ie 15-25th may
Well guys I got INNNNN XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD received e-mail today xD
I got in too! Hurray! :smile:
Reply 23
Got rejected ...oh well
I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Has anyone taken a look at the preliminaries? Do they not know we have exams? :P My last one is on the 21st of June, I hope I'll have time to get through everything :/

Looks like it'll be amazing though. I can't wait to go :smile:
Reply 26
I've started looking through the prelim and doing some of the first few questions. It's interesting and so far not too hard, although I might take that back once I've done more of the exercises!

Can't wait, it'll be awesome :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by BeatlesFan96
My last one is on the 21st of June, I hope I'll have time to get through everything :/

My last one is on the 25th.. But I'm looking forward to it nonetheless..

I'm sure that people from previous talked about being told about some formal dinner and stuff. :-/
Reply 28
Do they expect evidence of working through? I've solved all of them but threw away the papers (they weren't particularly expository anyway).
Reply 29
Hi, I only found out about this a few weeks ago so needless to say I'm not going, however I've bought the 'cavendish quantum mechanics primer' to look through and was wondering how you guys are finding it?
Reply 30
Original post by henpen
Do they expect evidence of working through? I've solved all of them but threw away the papers (they weren't particularly expository anyway).

I don't think so, I reckon just as long as it's clear you understand it, it should all be fine!
I haven't even looked at the questions yet but was wondering how difficult they are? I don't do further maths, so not sure if this is going to be a major disadvantage :s-smilie:
GOT IN!!!!! I've only just had a look at the pack and it looks really interesting (although most of my friends don't seem to agree)
Reply 32
Well I got in and I sent off my forms by post, but I haven't received any confirmation. Has anyone else?
Also how do you find out your score on the Maths test?
Reply 33
Original post by MattJCP
Well I got in and I sent off my forms by post, but I haven't received any confirmation. Has anyone else?
Also how do you find out your score on the Maths test?

Me neither, I'm hoping it's got there alright.. My teacher told me, so if you ask them they should have your score
Reply 34
Original post by athene7
Me neither, I'm hoping it's got there alright.. My teacher told me, so if you ask them they should have your score

Ok thanks, just checking, I'm be pretty annoyed if I got through all this just to be rejected because my letter didn't get through haha
Original post by MattJCP
Ok thanks, just checking, I'm be pretty annoyed if I got through all this just to be rejected because my letter didn't get through haha

I have sent mine off and haven't had any sort of reply either..
Finally! got a confirmation email today
So where is everyone else staying?

I'm in Corpus Christi...
Reply 38
Queens :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by vandanparmar
So where is everyone else staying?

I'm in Corpus Christi...

I'm in Corpus Christi as well, see you there

Quick Reply

Latest