The Student Room Group

14th May 2013 B2 exam

This Tuesday is the Biology 2 exam. I want to know you guys are feeling and hows your revision all going?? :s-smilie: And what topics are you hoping to come up??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What qualification (GCSE/A-level)?

and exam board?
Reply 2
Original post by Dylann
What qualification (GCSE/A-level)?

and exam board?

GCSE AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I have it as well, I'm hoping the 6 mark question will be on fossils or enzymes in the industry, or even mitosis and meiosis. I'm quite nervous even though I have been revising, and I got a B in the mock I did. But ugh, need an A in the real thing!
I'm taking B1 and C1 this year as retakes but I've been doing B2 at school its my favourite out of all the modules so far I especially liked the photosynthesis and cells topics. Go in this website for end of topic tests and answers for the whole of B2 its very useful ! http://www.chantry.worcs.sch.uk/index.php/curriculum/science/11-science-pages/101-science-year-11
Also go onto kerboodle the user name is yr11 and the password is student the organisation code is 3136663 :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by theroyalwe
I have it as well, I'm hoping the 6 mark question will be on fossils or enzymes in the industry, or even mitosis and meiosis. I'm quite nervous even though I have been revising, and I got a B in the mock I did. But ugh, need an A in the real thing!

Yup I am hoping for the pros and cons for embryo screening as the 6 mark Q. I am so nervous but thats nothing new! I literally just found out my ISA mark and I did so bad so It will pull my grade down, but hoping to get an A but I don't know what to do to achieve that grade?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Victoriapownall
I'm taking B1 and C1 this year as retakes but I've been doing B2 at school its my favourite out of all the modules so far I especially liked the photosynthesis and cells topics. Go in this website for end of topic tests and answers for the whole of B2 its very useful ! http://www.chantry.worcs.sch.uk/index.php/curriculum/science/11-science-pages/101-science-year-11
Also go onto kerboodle the user name is yr11 and the password is student the organisation code is 3136663 :smile:

Same but I am just retaking my B1. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by theskyisblu
Yup I am hoping for the pros and cons for embryo screening as the 6 mark Q. I am so nervous but thats nothing new! I literally just found out my ISA mark and I did so bad so It will pull my grade down, but hoping to get an A but I don't know what to do to achieve that grade?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear D: I got around 38 for my ISA, and I got a high C for P2 (retaking though -_-). Just do really well in C2 & B2!
Reply 8
I got the kerboodle details off the noadswood website luckily I made a note of them so I can still access the site even though they've blocked theirs !

What grade are you aiming for in your B2 this week??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
There will probably be some sort of genetic diagram question af perhaps a 6 mark on evolution/speciation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi.I am doing CIE IGCSE.Since I do bio extended My teacher hopes am gonna get an a*.I did paper 6 and found it quite easy.I am hoping to reap 100% in next paper
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing B2 and B3 on Tuesday and I have to say that I'm actually more confident about B3. Maybe because I find it more interesting and so I find that it makes more sense. Having said that, I really hope the structure of cells, mitosis and meiosis, fossils and speciation comes up in B2 because I'm quite confident about them! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
For B2 what mark do you need to get an A??

Posted from TSR Mobile
For B2 what mark do you need to get an A??

Posted from TSR Mobile

from Jan 2013, for an A was about 39 I think? Just aim for 40+ I think :smile:
Original post by Tashisbash
There will probably be some sort of genetic diagram question af perhaps a 6 mark on evolution/speciation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully the 6 marker will be on speciation but I doubt it because it was on the specimen paper...
What grade are you aiming for in your B2 this week??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking B1 and C1 this June I'm doing B2 P2 C2 next year !
You can use these login details to access the additional science resources !
kerboodle
user name:yr11
password:student
organisation code:3136663
good luck for you exams !

Yeh the grade boundaries are always lower in June as in JANURY 2013 you needed 51 for an A* in B1 whereas in June you only needed 39 ! It's ridiculous how much the grade boundaries fluctuate but good news for anyone taking the exams in June, like me :smile:

Yeh the grade boundaries are always very low in the summer so if you get like 42 then your probably get an A* !
Reply 18
Thanks for the reply guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh the grade boundaries are always very low in the summer so if you get like 42 then your probably get an A* !

Oh really?! I didn't know that, I hope you're right, I'm aiming for a high A in Bio & Chem, so to be safe, I would need 40+?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending