The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk IX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
Concerned about asdfgah :/ Especially with what she told me just a few days ago :/

Do you have her mobile?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirHas
That second picture put a huge smile on me lol

I'm super glad c:
Save it and look at it when you feel low :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9842
Original post by laurenatlantic
I'm super glad c:
Save it and look at it when you feel low :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do thanks. :smile:
Reply 9843
Original post by bullettheory
Do you have her mobile?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I have don't know if ringing would be the best idea but I'll try texting.
Reply 9844
Original post by Deyesy
Concerned about asdfgah :/ Especially with what she told me just a few days ago :/

Original post by bullettheory
Do you have her mobile?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am really sorry guys just laptop shut down and i was on the floor screeaming and couldnt get up so welfare person came and taljed me out of flashback but i,m alive and stuff
Well this sucks. I thought that only having one exam left between me and graduating would feel nice but it's just hollow. And boring. And I have no motivation at all to revise.
Feeling really bad
Original post by Idle
Thank you! Do you have any plans for the summer?

Ah i'm really sorry to hear that, the side effects from AD's generally go away within a week or two and if not they will most likely swap you to another until you find one that gives you negligible or no side effects :smile:

Thsnk you I'm not sure if I need it. I don't feel depressed.most likely I'll get it and I'll try it and see how it goes
Original post by Idle
Hey it's totally fine, no need to be sorry :smile:

Original post by rmhumphries
I wouldn't worry about it too much - by spoilering it then it is unlikely that you triggered anyone. The reasons given behind not allowing SH/sui talk are based around protecting the poster as well as other posts, so even with it being spoilered, then it would still be removed so as to protect yourself (e.g. to prevent a troll posting something which would make you feel worse).

It isn't always easy to know where the line is, however generally if you need to talk about stuff which is against the rules, then it is better to ask if you can PM someone (or talk to someone privately).

Thanks guys - I still feel like **** about it. Ill just watch what I say next time. :wink: <-- that were meant to be a smile! :smile: :facepalm:

------------

Being checked on by a nurse every 15 mins is fun! :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: hope your gonna be okay! And your pills work for ya :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunfowers01
Feeling really bad

I'm sorry to hear this:frown:
Why don't you watch something funny on YouTube like baby monkey going backwards on a pig,it usually works for me :yep:
Where you from?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling extremely cold and agitated.. Spoke to the nurse cause I wasn't gonna go through last night again.. So now she's away to speak to the doc about giving me something to knock me out whoopee!

Not to mention I feel shattered but can't get to sleep :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9853
Hi guys :smile:
Reply 9854
Original post by vergo97
Hi guys :smile:

Hello 😀
Reply 9855
Hi, I'm not really new to this website or the Mental Health section. I've never posted in this thread though. Does anyone else feel as though it wont 'get better' as all the self help websites tell you. I've been unhappy for a good few years now and I keep getting unhappier as I get older. I just want to be a kid or a teen again with no worries or responsibilities. not that I really have any now, I'm just finishing my second year of Uni, living at home - halls wasn't for me. But I cant help feel stressed out about my future, getting a job, being alone. I hate that I never do anything about my situation but feel so helpless to do so. I've done so crap at uni this year as well. all my deadlines are Tuesday and I've hardly done anything, I'm gonna get 40% at most. I feel like my life is just one failure after another, I don't feel in control of it like I'm just waiting for the next bad thing to happen to me. I'm also really lonely and only have one close friend. I had to cut all my other friends off as they are just horrible, so that is a step in the right direction as I do feel better without them. its just life didn't really turn out the way I expected it to. Life was so much better in high school there was no pressure, I wish i could rewind time to 2007 and be 15 again. Sorry for rambling, Im not sure why I wrote all that, just going through a hard time and needed to put it somewhere.
been told i need to go back to my drs and demand a med change :s-smilie: i cant do this, i cant be strong and go against something hes said already. i just need to curl up into a ball and cry, iv got so much going on already i cant face going to the drs and potentially ending up in tears :frown:

my mate whos a nursey person got me to tak the questionnaire again, and my answers have got slightly worse after 5 months of citalopram, pretty sure that doesnt work :s-smilie: **** sake.
Reply 9857
Original post by PonchoKid
been told i need to go back to my drs and demand a med change :s-smilie: i cant do this, i cant be strong and go against something hes said already. i just need to curl up into a ball and cry, iv got so much going on already i cant face going to the drs and potentially ending up in tears :frown:

my mate whos a nursey person got me to tak the questionnaire again, and my answers have got slightly worse after 5 months of citalopram, pretty sure that doesnt work :s-smilie: **** sake.

I got told by my GP that Citalopram is the like the first AD they give people if they're reporting low mood for an extended period of time and that they keep people on it long enough to see if has any positive effects - which in my case was 3-ish months but it basically messed up my sleep that badly that they swapped to Mirtazapine. If you've been on 5 months and it's doing nothing it's definitely worth seeing your GP about changing to another drug :yes:
Reply 9858
Original post by PonchoKid

Original post by Deyesy
I got told by my GP that Citalopram is the like the first AD they give people if they're reporting low mood for an extended period of time and that they keep people on it long enough to see if has any positive effects - which in my case was 3-ish months but it basically messed up my sleep that badly that they swapped to Mirtazapine. If you've been on 5 months and it's doing nothing it's definitely worth seeing your GP about changing to another drug :yes:

PRSOM. :sadnod:

He's right. Citalopram is first-line. They'll probably try you on another SSRI before switching to something else, since you haven't had massive side effects and SSRIs generally have good tolerability (such as sertraline - that's the second one they put me on anyway).
Original post by Deyesy

my dr says i AM improving though, because i seem more animated...
i was only there on thursday and he said he wont look at med changes now because im going back home in less than a month. but everyones saying its not working and i need to sort it out now. im on a mixture of ADs and strong sleeping tablets...

but tonight especially iv gone massively down hill, and its not fun anymore.

Latest