The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Bromaldehyde
I know, I've been up for 3 hours now and done 3 hours revision. Had to be done, still got another 2 and a half to go and then I'll stop for lunch. :biggrin:

Motivation :wink:
Reply 161
Original post by Mr.Nor
anyone else dreading the biology exams tuesday or...? I got my yearbook friday and it's making me sad i finish this week :frown:

I haven't even started revising for Biology yet.. so yes I'm dreading the exam on Tuesday.. btw How are you revising ? :smile:
Reply 162
Anyone got the Edexcel RE exam on Monday?
Reply 163
Original post by PriyaPaul
I haven't even started revising for Biology yet.. so yes I'm dreading the exam on Tuesday.. btw How are you revising ? :smile:

I'm doing a mixture of things actually, I did a B2 past paper and got 44/60, writing notes, watching videos, etc etc.... So glad I have double biology+ a study period tomorrow :')
Reply 164
Original post by Mr.Nor
anyone else dreading the biology exams tuesday or...? I got my yearbook friday and it's making me sad i finish this week :frown:

We have similar surnames! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
Original post by MizRman
Anyone got the Edexcel RE exam on Monday?

Oui! Me! :smile: And Priya and Mango! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
Original post by Jina
We have similar surnames! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're talking about my username then we do not I'm afraid....It's actually a typo.......
Reply 167
Original post by Mr.Nor
If you're talking about my username then we do not I'm afraid....It's actually a typo.......

Hahaha ohhh daarn.. What was it supposed to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168
Original post by Jina
Hahaha ohhh daarn.. What was it supposed to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My actual surname is Webster haha, and it was meant to be noir....
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Languages are great!

You are :unimpressed: I'd be doing Spanish, German and French at least!

Why would french help your gold DofE, I'm curious because I want to do it? And I'm learning languages too!

For skill! There are four parts to DofE (I'm going to explain it all and just assume you don't know), skill, physical, volunteering and the expedition. You do an allotted time on each part (you can do them all at once) and it's pretty open what you do with them but as you go through the awards (Bronze-Gold) what you get out of them has to be slightly more challenging.

This probably explains it better than I ever could - http://www.dofe.org/go/timescales/ (scroll to the bottom with the tables).

For Bronze: I did cooking as my skill for three months - I made varying cakes and biscuits and added things to them to make them better, tried different icing techniques and then did a quick survey to people who ate them to rate them and decide which one was my best baking fete!

I did badminton as my physical for three months for an hour a week.

I volunteered at the local Girl Guiding Rainbows groups for an hour a week for six months.

Finally, for my expedition I did a two-day expedition on Dartmoor (it was quite fun except from the fact we did our mock during flash flood warnings last year in July and our actual in the scorching heat in September).

I'm going to skip silver because it's too late to join this years entrants where I do it and if I do silver next year, I'll be doing gold until the very end of year 13 so I'm starting gold in September and I'm doing the same volunteering, learning French for my skills and I'm not sure on my physical yet! Sorry for the long post! :tongue:
Reply 170
Original post by Mr.Nor
My actual surname is Webster haha, and it was meant to be noir....

Hahah Webster isn't even close to Nor... -_- my bad my bad. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Original post by Jina
Hahah Webster isn't even close to Nor... -_- my bad my bad. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's alright :smile:
Original post by Pabblethefish
For skill! There are four parts to DofE (I'm going to explain it all and just assume you don't know), skill, physical, volunteering and the expedition. You do an allotted time on each part (you can do them all at once) and it's pretty open what you do with them but as you go through the awards (Bronze-Gold) what you get out of them has to be slightly more challenging.

This probably explains it better than I ever could - http://www.dofe.org/go/timescales/ (scroll to the bottom with the tables).

For Bronze: I did cooking as my skill for three months - I made varying cakes and biscuits and added things to them to make them better, tried different icing techniques and then did a quick survey to people who ate them to rate them and decide which one was my best baking fete!

I did badminton as my physical for three months for an hour a week.

I volunteered at the local Girl Guiding Rainbows groups for an hour a week for six months.

Finally, for my expedition I did a two-day expedition on Dartmoor (it was quite fun except from the fact we did our mock during flash flood warnings last year in July and our actual in the scorching heat in September).

I'm going to skip silver because it's too late to join this years entrants where I do it and if I do silver next year, I'll be doing gold until the very end of year 13 so I'm starting gold in September and I'm doing the same volunteering, learning French for my skills and I'm not sure on my physical yet! Sorry for the long post! :tongue:

Yeah, I get all that!
So learning a language is a skill? So how do I prove that?:colone:
Original post by Jina
Our school offers French, Spanish and Bengali.... Loool
I noticed not many people take Spanish, it's definitely the easier out of the two. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our school offers;
French
Spanish
Latin
Mandarin Chinese
Ancient Greek
German
Original post by JustaDreamer
:eek: Same here :redface:

lool, I miss braces ;'(

What board is this?

IGCSE Edexcel :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
By the way, anyone doing the WJEC/CBAC GCSE French Higher Listening tomorrow, I bought some CDs with the 2012 and 2011 track on and uploaded them to Google Drive, if anyone wants them. Download them here.
Original post by Mr.Nor

Yup! AQA B3. My school tried organising a year book until they did a survey and only about 30/120 students said they would buy it and they worked out that they needed three quarters of the year needed to buy it for it to break even! :rofl:

I am quite sad I'm finishing :frown: But I'm quite excited for Thursday, I'm dressing up as a pirate with my friends and it's tradition to play pranks at my school so we're going to blow up hundreds of balloons and put them waist high in the corridors and staff room :smile:
Original post by Bonoahx
By the way, anyone doing the WJEC/CBAC GCSE French Higher Listening tomorrow, I bought some CDs with the 2012 and 2011 track on and uploaded them to Google Drive, if anyone wants them. Download them here.

Fellow welshy!:biggrin: I am... Thanks a lot!:eek:

I need to do a past paper...
Original post by Olympiad
Our school offers;
French
Spanish
Latin
Mandarin Chinese
Ancient Greek
German

It's like we go to the same school! :eek:

:tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Olympiad
Our school offers;
French
Spanish
Latin
Mandarin Chinese
Ancient Greek
German

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: we only have French or German. (And I think there's N option to take Chinese in the sixth form).

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's like we go to the same school! :eek:

:tongue:

What's the first letter of your school?:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest