The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Ethics B604 13/05/13 - PREDICTION!

Anyone doing this exam tomorrow? Got any advice/tips? These are my predictions for tomorrows exam Section A
All people must be pacifists’

Section B
‘People should only be forgiven once’
As for section B I am almost 100% certain that something along the lines of that will come put section A is more of an estimate EDIT: The actual past paper is not available but the you can work out what the questions were in jan 13 by looking at the examiners report here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/136511-examiners-reports-january.pdf
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I can't find the January paper online - does anyone know what the E questions were on that ? We can almost be sure they won't put the same questions in the June paper!

I really want 'All People must be pacifists to come up'!
Reply 2
Original post by katierhiannon1
I can't find the January paper online - does anyone know what the E questions were on that ? We can almost be sure they won't put the same questions in the June paper!

I don't think there is a Januarys paper for B604, if that's the case then I'm very confident that questions similar to what I said will come up.
Reply 3

you see for People should only be forgiven once’ what points for agreeing with the statement is there?
Original post by i90Elite
you see for People should only be forgiven once’ what points for agreeing with the statement is there?

Erm... you could talk about how it is hard for people to forgive criminals - "If a man kills a man he must be put to death" Old Testament - this shows that in certain circumstances it is impossible for people to forgive.

What would you write if a question about criminals comes up - e.g Putting people in prison is a waste of time?
Reply 5
Erm... you could talk about how it is hard for people to forgive criminals - "If a man kills a man he must be put to death" Old Testament - this shows that in certain circumstances it is impossible for people to forgive.

What would you write if a question about criminals comes up - e.g Putting people in prison is a waste of time?

Oh yeah I was thinking about something like that but I'm a bit hesitant to write that because the question is fro section B and the stuff about crime and punishment is section. For 'Putting people in prison is a waste of time' there are loads you could say such as:

Yes. Capital punishment cost less. Permanently removes criminals and provides protection for innocent and victim. Retribution You reward anyone according to his conduct and as his deeds deserve. An eye for an eye.

Prison is a bad deterrent. People abuse system, because of recession if people feel they can’t survive, they can commit minor crimes and live in prison for free. Tax payers who may be struggling are paying.

Christians believe in Jesus teaching of forgiveness and agape which means we must show compassion. Also we are made in imago dei therefore all life is sacred. So prisons allows people to get a second chance as two wrongs don’t make a right.

Jesus was teaching true justice. We cannot judge one another. Adulterous woman ‘If any of you is without sin then let him be the first to cast the stone’.

Reply 6
Original post by AZ786
hi! which sections is everyone planning on doing? because i am thinking about concentrating on just 2 and doing them rather than learn all 3 sections and taking ages to pick 2 in the exam? (I am not doing the ethics paper as i did that in january, i'm doing the perspectives on world religion)

Oh hey, I got 3 more Philosophy/Applied Ethics exams. For the one I did in January, I only revised 2 topics because I kinda did some last minute revision. I ended up with 49/50 but the thing is that in the previous year, as part of RE I basically did the same exam. So I'm using tomorrow's one as an experiment in a way, I only revised 2 sections and I've never done that exam before so Ill just see how it goes. If I fail it then for the remaining 2 exams I will revise all topics but if not then ill stick to just revising 2 sections
Reply 7
Original post by AZ786
Thank you! 49/50 is really good!! How many marks is an A*?

A* for my last one was like 45/46. The actual exam is out of 48 but theres 2 extra marks for spelling, grammar, punctuation and that. I think I must of lost a mark for my grammar/spelling cos for the last question I just rushed. Lol im scared about tomorrow though, wish me good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by AZ786
Good Luck!! :smile:
Are you doing christianity? I am, so nervous!! For the 12 mark questions, are there are marks for spelling etc.?

Yeah i'm doing Christianity. Oh yeah for the 12 mark question itself you get marks for spelling etc... then an additional 2 marks for your spelling etc... for everything
How are you guys revising?
Reply 10
Hello there,

Does anyone know where I can find full marks exemplars? I tried the OCR website.
The reason why I am asking is that I think my RE teacher's method of answering c,d,e marks are overdone.
According to the examiner's reports, students write too much unnecessary detail for c mark questions.
Reply 11
How are you guys revising?

I just made notes on everything and i am reading through them, and trying to answer past paper questions :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Jemzbee
Hello there,

Does anyone know where I can find full marks exemplars? I tried the OCR website.
The reason why I am asking is that I think my RE teacher's method of answering c,d,e marks are overdone.
According to the examiner's reports, students write too much unnecessary detail for c mark questions.

I second this, nothing would help me more
Reply 13
Original post by i90Elite
Anyone doing this exam tomorrow? Got any advice/tips? These are my predictions for tomorrows exam Section A
All people must be pacifists’

Section B
‘People should only be forgiven once’
As for section B I am almost 100% certain that something along the lines of that will come put section A is more of an estimate

Is there a mark scheme for these questions?
Reply 14
Original post by Jemzbee
Is there a mark scheme for these questions?

Yes I ran along the mark scheme for this the other day but didn't think to save it and now I cant find it. Its from the specimen paper
Reply 15
Original post by Jemzbee
Hello there,

For some odd reason there aren't any Christianity full mark exemplars for the D/E. I tried looking at Buddhism and that but it is completely different, one thing I did notice for that one is that for every point there was always a religious reference of some sort
Reply 16
Reply 17
the er for the jan 13 but where is the actual paper? does anyone have it
How did you find it?
Reply 19
How does everyone else think they did on this? Personally I think it went pretty well, I probably just about got full marks on the Medical Ethics question (was it just me, or was that one really, really easy?), but I didn't do too well on Media.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending