The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, I get all that!
So learning a language is a skill? So how do I prove that?:colone:

Well I'm going to ask a language teacher at my school if I can meet up with her for a couple minutes a week for her to ask me a couple of questions in French on whatever I've taught myself during the week (eg, what did you have for lunch today? What are you doing on the weekend?) and then sign the piece of paper to say I've covered certain topics :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by Pabblethefish
Yup! AQA B3. My school tried organising a year book until they did a survey and only about 30/120 students said they would buy it and they worked out that they needed three quarters of the year needed to buy it for it to break even! :rofl:

I am quite sad I'm finishing :frown: But I'm quite excited for Thursday, I'm dressing up as a pirate with my friends and it's tradition to play pranks at my school so we're going to blow up hundreds of balloons and put them waist high in the corridors and staff room :smile:

Haha I'm quite nervous about B3 too, the only bit I fount alright was 3.4 tbh...and oh really? Practically everyone in my year wanted one! I'm trying to get as many people as possible to sign it haha. And have fun with them pranks :wink: I think we don't have to do anything on that Firday though....
Original post by MattFletcher
:eek: we only have French or German. (And I think there's N option to take Chinese in the sixth form).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our school has a lot of emphasis on taking Languages and Music,
This girl I know from my school got a scholarship in Harvard university to study music
We have sent many people to Oxbridge and I believe last year about 11 people on to study Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm going to ask a language teacher at my school if I can meet up with her for a couple minutes a week for her to ask me a couple of questions in French on whatever I've taught myself during the week (eg, what did you have for lunch today? What are you doing on the weekend?) and then sign the piece of paper to say I've covered certain topics :smile:

So would French A Level be enough?
Original post by Olympiad
What's the first letter of your school?:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was joking, it's unlikely. I live in a part of the UK which nobody ever lives (if that makes sense?:rolleyes:)

But it's D :colone:
Original post by MizRman
Anyone got the Edexcel RE exam on Monday?

I think its edexcel. :biggrin: but I've got some RS exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Yup! AQA B3. My school tried organising a year book until they did a survey and only about 30/120 students said they would buy it and they worked out that they needed three quarters of the year needed to buy it for it to break even! :rofl:

I am quite sad I'm finishing :frown: But I'm quite excited for Thursday, I'm dressing up as a pirate with my friends and it's tradition to play pranks at my school so we're going to blow up hundreds of balloons and put them waist high in the corridors and staff room :smile:

Ooh we're supposed to have a year book but we haven't had a meeting for ages. It'll most likely flop. Think we get ours for free.. But it probably wont be amazing quality like the american ones.

And that's sooo cool! We'd never be allowed to play pranks or anything! The most fun we ever had was when there was a power cut and the school was in pitch blackness and we ran around like crazies in the dark. But pranks are so cool! :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two hours revision done. Need to do French. But its so dull.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

:slap:
French is not dull :unimpressed:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So would French A Level be enough?

I think there's a rule - anything that you do for DofE can't cross over with school work. For example, an extra hour revising chemistry a week isn't allowed to count as skill. An extra hour of teaching yourself quantum physics a week would be (maybe:s-smilie:), as long as it's not in the school syllabus. Doing an actual A level wouldn't count, I don't think, sorry!

lool, I miss braces ;'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

...You know, sometimes, in a realllly weird way, I do too. And I never thought it possible :redface:
I think there's a rule - anything that you do for DofE can't cross over with school work. For example, an extra hour revising chemistry a week isn't allowed to count as skill. An extra hour of teaching yourself quantum physics a week would be (maybe:s-smilie:), as long as it's not in the school syllabus. Doing an actual A level wouldn't count, I don't think, sorry!

Pretty sure my friend did bakery for his skill and took Food Tech GCSE to show it he was doing A levels - not 100% sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
I think its edexcel. :biggrin: but I've got some RS exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're not allowed to discuss it right after we have the exam tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just did some :smile: 36/40 on the reading :biggrin:

Damn :colonhash: I have other languages I'm teaching myself though, so they count right?
Reply 195

Posted from TSR Mobile

:unimpressed: It's not dull!
Original post by Jina
Ooh we're supposed to have a year book but we haven't had a meeting for ages. It'll most likely flop. Think we get ours for free.. But it probably wont be amazing quality like the american ones.

And that's sooo cool! We'd never be allowed to play pranks or anything! The most fun we ever had was when there was a power cut and the school was in pitch blackness and we ran around like crazies in the dark. But pranks are so cool! :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they were planning to be around £15 per book and most people were saying they'd rather just look on Facebook :tongue:

Haha that sounds funny and we're allowed but the SLT are always on duty and nobody in the school is allowed to go to the toilet during lessons on muck up day because they try to limit the pranks but the year 11s do it anyway. To be fair, I don't think they're really that bothered though, what's the worst an all-girls year 11 group can do? :angel: It's all just a bit of tongue in cheek humour though, nothing vicious :tongue:
yawn
Original post by Mr.Nor
Haha I'm quite nervous about B3 too, the only bit I fount alright was 3.4 tbh...and oh really? Practically everyone in my year wanted one! I'm trying to get as many people as possible to sign it haha. And have fun with them pranks :wink: I think we don't have to do anything on that Firday though....

It's the last topic I don't like, the questions are always really open and the answers are always syllabus specific even though there are other correct answers! I know this is common place with all exam papers but more-so in B3 4 I think :tongue:
Our school has a lot of emphasis on taking Languages and Music,
This girl I know from my school got a scholarship in Harvard university to study music
We have sent many people to Oxbridge and I believe last year about 11 people on to study Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, definitely not my school :wink: We sent about 2-4 people to Oxbridge each year and have little care for music (which is a shame).

Latest