The Student Room Group

The issue with girls hitting guys in the media

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thesabbath
You've presented me with a plot to indoctrinate the next generation with a non-binary gender belief system to carry out your sociological experiments on a grand scale. Forgive me for finding it rather unreasonable.

Any effort to enforce the disappearance of "gender roles" in society can only be "achieved" by the moderation of an overarching agency, that agency being the State via "Equality" legislation: control of actions and control of the thoughts of those who do not question.

What you're saying is you're afraid of change? I'm sure there were many people who felt releasing slaves was very unreasonable and detrimental to society.

It's not about controlling people's thoughts. It's about actively discouraging behaviours and outward spoken bigotedness. People can keep whatever they like in their heads. Legislation cannot change that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;iCgjQD1kvrc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgjQD1kvrc[/video]
If a woman were to slap a man in public everyone would think he'd done something to deserve it lol. But if a man dared done that to a woman you can bet everyone would intervene.
Reply 23
Original post by aryjr
If a girl slapped me, I can't see myself hitting her back. Sure, I would get mad and shout at her, call her names etc. but I would see it as lack of self control on my part if I raged and slapped her back.

Am I brainwashed by the liberal media? No, I just acknowledge that a slap from a 5'4 130lb woman is different to one from a fully grown adult male who is pound for pound twice as strong and a lot faster than his female opponent.

I don't quite buy the whole "men cannot hit back because women are weaker" thing. If I went up and punched David Haye, I don't think anybody would say it is wrong for him to hit me back even though I certainly have less chance against him than the average woman does against me.
Original post by aryjr
If a girl slapped me, I can't see myself hitting her back. Sure, I would get mad and shout at her, call her names etc. but I would see it as lack of self control on my part if I raged and slapped her back.

Am I brainwashed by the liberal media? No, I just acknowledge that a slap from a 5'4 130lb woman is different to one from a fully grown adult male who is pound for pound twice as strong and a lot faster than his female opponent.

If a 5'4 130lb man slapped you would you hit him back? I dunno even know why I'm asking as you'll probably lie and say no in order not to seem like a hypocrite.
I said cultural Marxism, anti-Western ideology enforced at State level to maintain power over thought and actions, the hijacking of cultural norms for political gain, political correctness which did not formerly exist is the implementation of that and your ideas take it yet further. It can only "work" if it is enshrined in law since it goes against human nature. Via the extreme leftist education system and the BBC we now have a whole generation of "useful idiots" incapable of critical thinking who maintain this poisonous ideology with a collection of ready-made "insults" for all heretics, yet remain completely oblivious to its destruction of society.

How do you propose we eliminate gender roles?

Lool. Talk about pot calling the kettle black
Original post by Eljamaispa
What you're saying is you're afraid of change? I'm sure there were many people who felt releasing slaves was very unreasonable and detrimental to society.

It's not about controlling people's thoughts. It's about actively discouraging behaviours and outward spoken bigotedness. People can keep whatever they like in their heads. Legislation cannot change that.

You engineer a society in which one cannot express oneself openly without fear of the consequences. What happens to all these "bigoted" thoughts that you've just legislated under the surface?
Original post by JessicaGarlai
the allowance of our slapping is a way of getting back at men after years of inequality and discrimination.

I was going to say something, and then Short Story Long posted this:

Original post by Short Story Long
I don't think that quite works. The man a women slaps could have nothing to do with these years of inequality yet he should take moral responsibility for it? Its like an African American slapping white Americans because their forefathers may have had something to do with slavery. Its not permissible You can't allow inequality against a whole group of people or a gender because of the past.

Which I agree with. You can't judge people today, because of what happened in history. If you take your argument, it's absolutely perfectly fine for me to be racist towards white people, fine to steal from the land etc... That stuff was in the past, and the world doesn't work that way

Why on Earth should I hold a grudge against normal British people because of what their ancestors did?
Original post by de_monies
Lool. Talk about pot calling the kettle black

the "insults" being the thought crime police ready to jump at an instant to decry you as "racist", "bigoted", "homophobic", "sexist", "nazi" the moment you challenge the ideology of the status quo.
Unfortunately these phrases have real world consequences on one's career prospects.

what offends you about being described as "extreme left" or a "useful idiot" (one of Lenin's favourites, that one)? Whatever would the State do without its monkeys enforcing political correctness?

We now live in a society where you choose between Complicity and being Evil, and no one hates the Evil people like the Complicit :wink:
Reply 29
Lol **** that. If a woman hit me I'd hit her twice as hard, just as I'd do if a guy hit me. I think the the only person I ever let hit me was my mother, she loved her sandals back in the days.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by de_monies

Why on Earth should I hold a grudge against normal British people because of what their ancestors did?

Where are you from, Pakistan? The Empire was good for you, I don't know what you're complaining about.
Original post by Arnob204
Where are you from, Pakistan? The Empire was good for you, I don't know what you're complaining about.

I'm from the UK, thank you very much and the empire was both good and bad, though mainly the "good" part of empire was only because Britain needed trade links, and this worked better in already relatively rich countries, such as Canada
Reply 32
the "insults" being the thought crime police ready to jump at an instant to decry you as "racist", "bigoted", "homophobic", "sexist", "nazi" the moment you challenge the ideology of the status quo.
Unfortunately these phrases have real world consequences on one's career prospects.

what offends you about being described as "extreme left" or a "useful idiot" (one of Lenin's favourites, that one)? Whatever would the State do without its monkeys enforcing political correctness?

We now live in a society where you choose between Complicity and being Evil, and no one hates the Evil people like the Complicit :wink:

yes, why would anybody be insulted when somebody calls them an idiot or a monkey? it's a mystery :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)

Erm no, I challenge the "status quo" all the time and no one calls me any of those words. I guess you could say they are insults, but if you genuinely are a descriptor of those words, well you can't really say much.

The difference between most other people and you, is that when we "challenge the status quo" we do it far more eloquently, without having racist/sexist/etc... undertones in our argument (Yes I used those words. But you yourself have called people "Pakis" before in a derogatory sense, and got your post removed)

Original post by lucaf
yes, why would anybody be insulted when somebody calls them an idiot or a monkey? it#s a mystery :rolleyes:

This. Also, I'd like to point out that I have largely central views (see my spoilers), and I favour policies that are good for the economy, so I highlighted "extreme left" because you were calling the education that, which it isn't.

Arguably, academia is left leaning, but it's certainly not "extreme left"

EDIT: You're asking me about what offends me about being called a "useful idiot" or "extreme left" is that I am not "extreme left" I am central. Also, by saying "what offends me about x and y" is the same as you knowing that you're insulting someone

My argument was, you can't really complain about people "insulting" you when you go and insult them in the first place
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
Reminds me of this video:

Frankly I think I'd have done the same thing, I'm not just going to let someone hit me in the face. Plus it was a game show, no idea how she thought she could get away with that even if she is a girl.
I hate double standards like this passionately, but what I hate more is when my friends look at me like I'm insane when I bring them up.
Reply 36
Original post by Kiss
Reminds me of this video:

Frankly I think I'd have done the same thing, I'm not just going to let someone hit me in the face. Plus it was a game show, no idea how she thought she could get away with that even if she is a girl.

She deserved that slap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ice Constricter
If a woman were to slap a man in public everyone would think he'd done something to deserve it lol. But if a man dared done that to a woman you can bet everyone would intervene.

Such a perfect comment with your signature by the way.
Op, I completely agree. True feminists will also find this wrong because, once again, it's showing us to be inequal. It makes women look justified in violence - for ****'s sake, they're not.

If I slapped a guy, I would expect to be hit back, and would be extremely apologetic when he didn't. I certainly wouldn't complain if he did hit me.

Allowing women this free reign to hit men in the media encourages it in real life. The amount of times I've heard some woman threaten to smack her boyfriend is beyond belief, but if I guy threatened his girlfriend with violence, he'd be arrested. **** that.
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Such a perfect comment with your signature by the way.
Op, I completely agree. True feminists will also find this wrong because, once again, it's showing us to be inequal. It makes women look justified in violence - for ****'s sake, they're not.

If I slapped a guy, I would expect to be hit back, and would be extremely apologetic when he didn't. I certainly wouldn't complain if he did hit me.

Allowing women this free reign to hit men in the media encourages it in real life. The amount of times I've heard some woman threaten to smack her boyfriend is beyond belief, but if I guy threatened his girlfriend with violence, he'd be arrested. **** that.

Ok ya got me, but that gif is amazing isn't it? :awesome:

Edit: wait, are you talking about my gif or my videos?

Edit 2: Nevermind lol, I thought you were being sarcastic.
(edited 10 years ago)
I wouldn't allow anyone to hit me regardless of their gender and if someone gets injured in the process of trying to hit me then it is their fault.

this little clip makes me laugh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmnTcVQvy4s

A woman hitting a man and expecting no retaliation is no different from me hitting a man and expecting no retaliation.

Quick Reply