The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by cmassey
Still under consideration! I can't believe they haven't made a decision/at least gone to the effort to email saying you're on the waiting list. I'm super annoyed! Now another whole weekend of waiting! How many others are still under consideration? Wel done to this who already have got in!

Im not sure if there is a waiting list. Try to phone on Monday in the phone number of graduate admissions (you can find it in camsis)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 241
Original post by cmassey
Still under consideration! I can't believe they haven't made a decision/at least gone to the effort to email saying you're on the waiting list. I'm super annoyed! Now another whole weekend of waiting! How many others are still under consideration? Wel done to this who already have got in!

It looks like it's just me and you now...
Reply 242
Original post by mmk6891
It looks like it's just me and you now...

Haha surly there are more! What are your qualifications etc if I may ask? I'm from New Zealand with a first class honours degree in sociology.. If i had to guess probably about 74% in the UK system.
Reply 243
Original post by cmassey
Haha surly there are more! What are your qualifications etc if I may ask? I'm from New Zealand with a first class honours degree in sociology.. If i had to guess probably about 74% in the UK system.

I'm from the EU but study here in the UK at a 'ok' uni (around 40 or so in the league tables for my course, Computer Science).
I have good firsts in all my modules, worked for one year in a famous financial services firm as a placement and for a couple of months in South America last summer.
I used my experiences as the main selling point as I guess everone has a first and some people will come from more exotic unis, especially american applicants...
Reply 244
Original post by mmk6891
I'm from the EU but study here in the UK at a 'ok' uni (around 40 or so in the league tables for my course, Computer Science).
I have good firsts in all my modules, worked for one year in a famous financial services firm as a placement and for a couple of months in South America last summer.
I used my experiences as the main selling point as I guess everone has a first and some people will come from more exotic unis, especially american applicants...

Sounds like you're a good chance! Hopefully they get back to us early this week?!
Reply 245
Original post by cmassey
Sounds like you're a good chance! Hopefully they get back to us early this week?!

Thanks I hope so, I mean judging by the activity on this thread on friday I'd say that there must be very few applications left to check..! Good luck to you too!
Reply 246
If i were you i would tried to phone them again on Monday. I suppose that now they know about their decision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
Profile: First class (top 30 uk university) IELTS: 8 GMAT:700+ Several internships. Meet all the requirements but still get rejected..if any of offer holders choose not to attend, please contact me...really want in...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 248
Original post by verger
Profile: First class (top 30 uk university) IELTS: 8 GMAT:700+ Several internships. Meet all the requirements but still get rejected..if any of offer holders choose not to attend, please contact me...really want in...

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest I really disliked their application form where they didn't even want a CV and there was a strict line limit for the three questions.

I feel like they don't have enough information to have a well rounded profile for the applicant, whereas LSE for example asked for a personal statement just giving guidelines (eg. 2-3 pages), plus CV/references. Imperial asks for even more information (essay, cv/references + 4 questions and interview at the end). Cambridge doesn't even interview... feels a bit weird
Reply 249
Just got an email saying I'm in! Very happy! Excited for the programme!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 250
Congratulations!
Reply 251
Original post by cmassey
Just got an email saying I'm in! Very happy! Excited for the programme!

congrats! On a sunday though? Was it a reply to a previous email you sent?

Now I'm the only one left still waiting in this forum.... really losing hope :frown: I must have sent like 5 emails to different people and I barely got a reply saying they had no idea about my application
Original post by cmassey
just got an email saying i'm in! Very happy! Excited for the programme!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d
Reply 253
Can people who got accepted post their profiles please ?

I'm afraid Cambridge just looks at the grades, and I barely meet the requirements :frown:
Well the grades are the bare minimum, unfortunately. Otherwise nearly all of the 500 applicants with a first would get a place I think..
Reply 255
Original post by bluesocks-
Well the grades are the bare minimum, unfortunately. Otherwise nearly all of the 500 applicants with a first would get a place I think..

One could think that once you meet the very high requirement (i.e. prove you're a good student), they might just take a close look at your experience and project. Other schools do that.
Reply 256
So do any other offer holders know what college they're in? I got stuck with clare hall :/

Also what do think you will end up doing for accommodation? In-college flat, private flat, house, etc.?
Reply 257
Dear All

How long was it after you sent your original transcripts that the change was reflected at Camsis?
Reply 258
Original post by py13
So do any other offer holders know what college they're in? I got stuck with clare hall :/

Also what do think you will end up doing for accommodation? In-college flat, private flat, house, etc.?

No college yet, unsuccessful at Gonville and Caius.

And btw how long was it after you sent your original transcripts that the change was reflected at Camsis?
Reply 259
Original post by py13

Also in Clare Hall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending