Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by kittyhlong
is anyone else doing skills on the 22nd? Or the 21st? One of the two:tongue:

I am :smile: It's on the 21st :smile:
Reply 601
Original post by Luis suarez LFC
Stage 2 could be Africa stage 3 Thailand stage 4 UK and stage 5 Japan or Italy

yep but do you have specific figures? I was told we needed figures for birth and death rates?
Reply 602
Original post by Toodle-noodle
Anyone got a sneaky feeling sand dunes may come up for coasts?

possibly, or maybe saltmarshes?
Original post by Beni24
I am :smile: It's on the 21st :smile:

are you as terrified as I am? I've dedicated all my time to this exam and I feel unprepared for Skills! Wish we'd done it in January...
Reply 604
hey guys...good luck for the exam on the tuesday.

Can someone help me with the 15 mark question for rivers in the January 2013 paper which is .... Describe and explain how and why fluvial landforms change downstream ? What does this even mean .....

Thank you
Reply 605
Did you know what they could ask if salt marshes came up?
Reply 606
are you as terrified as I am? I've dedicated all my time to this exam and I feel unprepared for Skills! Wish we'd done it in January...

Yes!! I'm so worried! :frown: I did it in january but re-taking it :smile:
Reply 607
Ahh I'm so nervous :frown: I sat myself down and forced myself to do a mock today. Obviously it wasn't in the exam conditions you have in an exam hall but I wrote continuously for the whole time and didn't get up - and I went over the time by 12 minutes. I'm really going to have an issue with time-keeping in this exam. I don't think I've ever ran out of time before but I'm 95% sure I will in this exam! :eek:
Reply 608
Original post by SimpleTom
You are a don, I'll upload some too :biggrin:

All 13-15 marks.

All I ask for is a few thumbs up, tell me what topics you guys are doing and Ill see if I can lend a hand with some more notes.

Sorry mate, having problems with my scanner:mad:
Every time I scan it through, it isn't legible enough for people to read. Sorry :frown:
Reply 609
Original post by Dazed.
yep but do you have specific figures? I was told we needed figures for birth and death rates?

Stage 1: birth rate around 35/1000 death rate 35/1000
Stage 2: birth rate around 35/1000 death rate 15/1000
Stage 3: birth rate around 13/1000 death rate 10/1000
Stage 4: birth rate around 10/1000 death rate 10/1000
Stage 5: birth rate < death rate (no real figures)

Hope this helps. All lifted straight from the CGP Guide (page 63) :smile:
Reply 610
What are the possible 15 mark questions for contrasting healthcare approaches? and what would we talk about in them?
Reply 611
Could anyone help me with this question: For any two of the following types of area, summarise the contrasts between them and explain the implications of these contrasts for social welfare:

inner city

suburban

rural- urban fringe

rural settlement

We did Leeds as our case study and I'm fine with summarising the contrasts between them but when it comes to the implications I don't have a clue it just feels like I'm repeating what I said in the contrasts paragraph.
Reply 612
Original post by l-g
What are the possible 15 mark questions for contrasting healthcare approaches? and what would we talk about in them?

You have to talk about 2 different types of healthcare approaches in different countries, preferably one in a MEDC and one in a LEDC. I always go for the NHS (UK & Canada) and Emergent (Brazil, Kenya, ect.)
You then have to explain the characteristics and what the quality of each one is like for the people in the country. Who funds each system and is privately owned or publicly owned, ect.
Hope this helps :smile:
If you're doing health, where are you getting your information about CHD? I don't have nearly enough information to write a 15 marker (there was one in Jul11)
Reply 614
Original post by SoAce
You have to talk about 2 different types of healthcare approaches in different countries, preferably one in a MEDC and one in a LEDC. I always go for the NHS (UK & Canada) and Emergent (Brazil, Kenya, ect.)
You then have to explain the characteristics and what the quality of each one is like for the people in the country. Who funds each system and is privately owned or publicly owned, ect.

Thank you! what comments would you make about the quality for the residents? would it be like facts about life expectancy? what else?
Reply 615
What do you guys predict will come up in the population section and Health section? I really hope China's one child policy comes up in the population section :biggrin:
Reply 616
Original post by SoAce

How can contrasting healthcare approaches be used in 15 markers?
have their been many questions about TNC's? I'm so hoping they don't come up
Reply 618
have their been many questions about TNC's? I'm so hoping they don't come up

There hasn't really, so there is a possibility it will come uo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys!

Just wondering if anyone can name the hard and soft engineering techniques that we need for rivers because my teacher hasn't given us a definite list?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending