The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Bucks New Uni 2013

Hi!
i start at Bucks in September studying Criminology and Sociology.
i plan to live at Hughenden halls because I have a Guide Dog and rooms are a bit bigger there.

just wondered is anybody studying the same course at Bucks and anyone planning to live at Hughenden. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Beck_92
Hi!
i start at Bucks in September studying Criminology and Sociology.
i plan to live at Hughenden halls because I have a Guide Dog and rooms are a bit bigger there.

just wondered is anybody studying the same course at Bucks and anyone planning to live at Hughenden. :smile:

Hi, I am also studying Criminolgy in September, but with Psychology. I am a mature student and will be living at home as it is close by. Looking forward to meeting everyone! :smile:
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 2
I'm studying Psychology and Criminology third year as of September so any criminology related info i can help with! :smile:

If it makes you feel easy one of assessments for first year and second year actually you have an exam but you get to see questions 2 weeks before actual exam!! Very helpful! And the lecturer is a decent guy as well so it is a good course! Let me know if you need any more help or info ok. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi, thanks for offering your help as a third year. I have managed to get some books, but have none yet for the Criminal Law and Justice module.

I have been told by someone who has just finished the policing degree that "Criminal Law" by Jefferson 10th edition would be the one to go for.

Would you agree or have any more reccommendations?

Thanks

Karen:smile:
Reply 4
I am studying policing and criminal investigation, Im so excited, Im going to live in Hughenden fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 5
Karandy yeah i remember using that book but a lot of people myself included complained that the wording of the book was extremely complex and very difficult to understand. Get that book as the lecturer will be following it closely with lectures (as he should be setting reading homework each week) but i suggest getting a book that explains the basic criminal law stuff ok - any will do but i would wait until yoy start so you find a book that covers most of what you will be covering in the module.
That said if i passed criminal law anyone can it wasnt my all time favourite subject but the lecturer has coursework that basically introduces you to it all like exams where you see the questions 2 weeks before and basically a coursework where you are given ten or so EASY questions like "what is the date of ... case?" Which is clearly stated on the case document thing you will be given or shown etc ok :smile:
Reply 6
And carachanel you will love it! Freshers week is really good especially the "freshbook" night they have! And the freshers fair they have dominos pizza and noodle nation people come in and offer free food! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by carachannel
I am studying policing and criminal investigation, Im so excited, Im going to live in Hughenden fingers crossed! :smile:

Hey
Have you actually sent your accommodation application off yet? if so do you know when we are supposed to hear back?
Reply 8
I rang them up 'bucks' and they said it should arrive in the post between july and august therefore its a waiting game, my deposit has been cashed so i think im in halls :smile: fingers crossed!
Reply 9
Original post by carachannel
I rang them up 'bucks' and they said it should arrive in the post between july and august therefore its a waiting game, my deposit has been cashed so i think im in halls :smile: fingers crossed!

Ah right, i had heard nothing since i sent mine off and i was wondering if they even received it, so i emailed them and they claimed they hadn't got my photos with it. Then i got another reply saying they had found them. I'm just hoping i'm not at the bottom of the pile because of that.. Im quite a light sleeper so if Brook Street is "lively" it might not be best for my sanity..
anyone just doing bsc psychology?
Reply 11
Anyone coming from Northern Ireland?
Reply 12
Hey :smile: I am going to bucks from NI what course are you going to study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending