The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
Me? I don't remember appealing for advice :holmes: (I imagine you're not referring to me though :tongue:)

I believe Constantmeowage gave a shout out to Polymath and the absolutely fabulous Octopus_Garden earlier on in the thread, when we were discussing my potential misuse of the word 'das' :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 901
Original post by thatitootoo
Yeah but that's still % right
for instance 39/40 raw marks would give you 100% UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

The AQA one gives a number, for example, I select the subject, and year and stuff, put in how many raw marks I got and it says how many UMS that would be.
How do you know the UMS? And aren't they normally in %? Unless youre talking about the raw marks...in which case your score of 39/40 would be quite neat! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No my raw marks were pretty bad :wink: 39/40 UMS :mmm:

WJEC have a converter.
I believe Constantmeowage gave a shout out to Polymath and the absolutely fabulous Octopus_Garden earlier on in the thread, when we were discussing my potential misuse of the word 'das' :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that's what Ronove was talking about :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No my raw marks were pretty bad :wink: 39/40 UMS :mmm:

WJEC have a converter.

Shhhh 97.5% UMS is prutty damn good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MangoFreak
I thought that's what Ronove was talking about :tongue:

Yeah, I just thought I'd give you some context :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 906
Yeah but that's still % right
for instance 39/40 raw marks would give you 100% UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

UMS for a given raw mark differs from exam to exam/year to year (not sure if you realise this, it's not clear from what you said).
Shhhh 97.5% UMS is prutty damn good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Raw marks weren't great though, for example

Exam A: 36/40 = 40/40 UMS
Exam B: 39/40 = 40/40 UMS

Original post by Ronove
UMS for a given raw mark differs from exam to exam/year to year (not sure if you realise this, it's not clear from what you said).
Original post by Ronove

I sure do!
I've been in a dark room, analysing the grade boundaries and result statistics of various UK exam boards for yearssss! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bambirina
我现在在北京(清华大学)学习汉语 :)你呢?

Posted from TSR Mobile

我住在在苏格兰,去年开始学习汉语。 我的中文不太好。。。

我今年要去格拉斯哥大学,学习工程。
Reply 910
Original post by constantmeowage
AHH! I see, you knock off the -r! I didn't know that, obrigado! :biggrin: ignore me :P

Oh lol. That's what Wiki tells me. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I'd been online properly, I'd have told you to try Ronove. :tongue:

I have no idea how to answer the linguistic problem earlier in the thread!
Original post by Octopus_Garden
If I'd been online properly, I'd have told you to try Ronove. :tongue:

I have no idea how to answer the linguistic problem earlier in the thread!

Which problem? The etwas problem?
Anything/everything posed by thatittootoo in the last 24 hours!
Question: since you're all wannabe polyglots, how much dabbling do you allow yourself? :P If you included dabbled languages, how many languages would you now be able to speak? XD
x

What do you mean?:tongue:
I think, if I wasn't in school and just learning languages... I'd be able to speak quite a few languages fluently... (grammatically though, not idiomatic)

Considering my age, I'm happy with where I am though... But I should be learning quicker because age kills us :mmm:
Reply 917
Question: since you're all wannabe polyglots, how much dabbling do you allow yourself? :P If you included dabbled languages, how many languages would you now be able to speak? XD

You mean if we were now magically relatively fluent in everything we'd dabbled in? For me that would include: French, German, Spanish, Esperanto, Catalan, Danish, Japanese, British Sign Language. I think that's it - though can't be sure at this particular moment!
Original post by Ronove
You mean if we were now magically relatively fluent in everything we'd dabbled in? For me that would include: French, German, Spanish, Esperanto, Catalan, Danish, Japanese, British Sign Language. I think that's it - though can't be sure at this particular moment!

Oh, if you mean this ^ then...

English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swahili, Russian, Arabic, Bengali, Welsh (I've actually dabbled in sign language), Korean (this was literally reading on how to read it :tongue:)

If only :sigh:
:tongue: Are you all quite disciplined or is it just everywhere? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending