The Student Room Group

The issue with girls hitting guys in the media

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Equal rights equal fights as they say.
Original post by Nutella:3
When has that ever happened?
Why neg lol? Why not answer?

:/ I didn't neg you, I've only just read this. And when I wrote it I was thinking of Cersei slapping Joffrey in Game of Thrones but I was about to go to bed and forgot about Tyrion doing the same thing until I woke up. But my friends were like "I'm so glad she finally slapped him".
Reply 62
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
:/ I didn't neg you, I've only just read this. And when I wrote it I was thinking of Cersei slapping Joffrey in Game of Thrones but I was about to go to bed and forgot about Tyrion doing the same thing until I woke up. But my friends were like "I'm so glad she finally slapped him".

of course they were glad she slapped him, its ****ing Joffrey! :tongue:
Original post by lucaf
of course they were glad she slapped him, its ****ing Joffrey! :tongue:

Yeah, to be honest, in the context of Game of Thrones and all the executions and graphic death scenes and whatnot, Joffrey is getting off lightly with a slap.
Original post by thesabbath
don't try and introduce concepts such as logic, hypocrisy or double standards to hardline proponents of feminism (or "equality" in general), they won't or will choose not to understand that it invalidates their arguments.

one thing is for sure, if you were a male making this thread you would be slapped with a deluge of red thumbs. you may be anyway :smile:

personally i don't really care if women want to slap men, if we're going to live in an oppressive patriarchal misogynist society as gets constantly claimed we may as well enjoy our status. just don't have us arrested if we restrain you

Interesting point...I'm tempted to change my gender on TSR now to see if that has an effect
It tends to be those awkward single hits, making hitting back seem really stupid. If it was a relentless attack it would make more sense to start beating her senseless.

You started this thread cause of my sig? :lol:
Reply 67
I was thinking about this on another thread, but in films and TV programmes there's a hideous double standard. If a guy hits a girl, he's abusing her and he's a despicable human being. If a girl hits a guy, it's perfectly fine, nobody bats an eyelid, if anything they cheer because she's been "empowered". Why do we all act like it's alright? I mean, the examples are everywhere, even children's things. Like Doctor Who, you can guarantee that when he meets his companion's mothers, they'll slap him. In fact, his companions are always slapping him too. River does it constantly, and he's just like "Yeah, I deserved that." We need to stop pretending that if guys mess up, that gives females a right to hit them. It doesn't, and young girls shouldn't be growing up with this belief. In Harry Potter, when Ron comes back, what does Hermione do? Start hitting him with a bag! I know it's fictional violence, but children still watch it and they're going to imitate it, aren't they? I know it's up to the parents and teachers and whatnot to teach their children what's right and wrong, but I think everyone had that stage in their life where they emulated their idol, and if that idol happens to be a woman who's constantly slapping guys for saying something offensive or making a mistake, what kind of message is that? Basically, violence is wrong regardless of who does it.

Hi Kimberly's friend.
Yes I agree with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
I once heard an absurd argument from a radical Feminist that for a woman to slap a man is acceptable because it's reversing the 'privilege' a man already has, but for a man to hit a woman is to abuse the 'privilege' and that is wrong. Boggles the mind really.

Anyway, I'm sure most people agree the double standard is unfair. Women may be weaker generally, that doesn't excuse violent action, otherwise I could expect to go and slap a body-builder in the face and receive no retaliation.
Original post by Ice Constricter
You started this thread cause of my sig? :lol:

Nah, Cersei is someone I will allow as an exception, because her son is a class A git. I was thinking of other things when I made it.
Reply 70
Original post by Steevee
I once heard an absurd argument from a radical Feminist that for a woman to slap a man is acceptable because it's reversing the 'privilege' a man already has, but for a man to hit a woman is to abuse the 'privilege' and that is wrong. Boggles the mind really.

Anyway, I'm sure most people agree the double standard is unfair. Women may be weaker generally, that doesn't excuse violent action, otherwise I could expect to go and slap a body-builder in the face and receive no retaliation.

I think one day I'm just going to punch a feminist like that if she tries to attack me. There's a point in everyone where just think '**** it' - the second that day happens I can gaurentee that the aforementioned would probably break down crying 'domestic abuse'.
Original post by Kiss
I think one day I'm just going to punch a feminist like that if she tries to attack me. There's a point in everyone where just think '**** it' - the second that day happens I can gaurentee that the aforementioned would probably break down crying 'domestic abuse'.

Yes, that faceless bunch of feminists who all act and think exactly the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's 'right' but the bottom line is that if a girl slaps me then it stings a bit for a minute then i'm fine - if I hit a girl then it's going to do real damage.

There is something of a double standard but the reality is that there is also a massive difference in severity between a red cheek and a broken jaw.
This is just my personal opinion but I wouldn't be that bothered by a slap, especially if I knew her and felt it was deserved, but anything other than that would be more serious.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiss
Reminds me of this video:

Frankly I think I'd have done the same thing, I'm not just going to let someone hit me in the face. Plus it was a game show, no idea how she thought she could get away with that even if she is a girl.

Same; if a girl did that to me I think I have every right to. I probably wouldn't because it would look better on me, but the completely different reactions to a girl hitting and a guy and a guy hitting a girl when the guy is justified shows the mob mentality of society, if everybody says it's not right, it's apparently not right.
Reply 74
"the allowance of our slapping is a way of getting back at men after years of inequality and discrimination."

I can't seem to find the original post here so I've only got a quote to rely on. This is only directed to the person who made the above comment, not the OP.

You seem to be advocating a form of equality that only goes one way: I can hurt men and damn the consequences because my great-grandmother was oppressed.

Out here in the real world, equality means "Rights with responsibilities", "Actions and Consequences". So, yes, you can go around and abuse men just because your ancestors had it bad.

But if you so choose, prepare to receive a major ass-whopping at some point because not every man is going to take it. Also, expect to be chewed out for your bigoted, sexist views by other men too because they aren't going to take this either.

Not to mention that some of these men have been abused by women in the past so you can also expect this fact to be pointed out as well before you're chewed to bits for your behavior and bigotry. Like I'm doing right now.

As someone who has been abused himself, as a youth, by girls and women along with boys and men, I'm glad people here are raking you across the coals.
If a girl wants to hit me, fine, she can go ahead... she should just be aware that I will retaliate and I have about as much issue hitting a woman as I do hitting a man... none.
The problem is are you retaliating to a single strike or an onslaught? Retaliating to a single strike seems strange, unless you're actually going to fight them, but it seems weird hitting someone once after they hit you once, regardless of gender. If it's an onslaught then without question you do what you want. These single strikes are what women are usually associated with, which is why it feels even more awkward to then hit them once after they hit you once.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending