The Student Room Group

D1 (Decision 1) 17 May 2013 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by theseeker
Can we use pencil for D1? Or won't it scan ?

Good question, a family member bought me HB2 Pencils but they are so small I'm not sure they will be picked up by the scanner.

:/
Can we use pencil for D1? Or won't it scan ?

It's that time of the year again!

From the Edexcel examiners' report:
"Candidates are reminded that they should not use methods of presentation that depend on colour, but are advised to complete diagrams in (dark) pencil. "
Original post by tiny hobbit

"Candidates are reminded that they should not use methods of presentation that depend on colour, but are advised to complete diagrams in (dark) pencil. "

So if I use a pencil...it'll be fine?

Do you do the papers then read reports or?
So if I use a pencil...it'll be fine?

Do you do the papers then read reports or?

I'm a teacher, so yes, I do the papers, read the mark schemes and the examiners' reports and use the information to help me teach D1 better.
I'm a teacher, so yes, I do the papers, read the mark schemes and the examiners' reports and use the information to help me teach D1 better.

Hi Madam, what do you think could come up and would you say that this paper would be harder as Jan 2013 was apparently hard?
Original post by otrivine
Hi Madam, what do you think could come up and would you say that this paper would be harder as Jan 2013 was apparently hard?

Most things will come up. Make sure that you can do scheduling, since you will have got very little practice at this from the papers from 2009 onwards.

My students' mock results don't tell me that the January paper was particularly hard.
Most things will come up. Make sure that you can do scheduling, since you will have got very little practice at this from the papers from 2009 onwards.

My students' mock results don't tell me that the January paper was particularly hard.

Arsey said it was a challenging paper and thats why the grade boundaries were low?

Hi , I can't have access to the Solomon , is it a good idea to them ?
r
Hi , I can't have access to the Solomon , is it a good idea to them ?

For D1 I'd say no. They have very strange questions, I know the man who wrote them.

Once you've done Jan 2009 onwards, do the Sample and Mock papers and Practice papers A and B if you can get hold of them, then go backwards from Jun 2008, avoiding questions on flow in networks, Simplex and the planarity algorithm.
Reply 229
r

For D1 I'd say no. They have very strange questions, I know the man who wrote them.

Once you've done Jan 2009 onwards, do the Sample and Mock papers and Practice papers A and B if you can get hold of them, then go backwards from Jun 2008, avoiding questions on flow in networks, Simplex and the planarity algorithm.

Tiny Hobbit always brings the Wisdom, please Tiny Hobbit migrate to the C3/C4 forum in a weeks time! You would be great there! Anyway guys time for me to get some rest after a semi-productive sunday - night all!
Original post by Better
Tiny Hobbit always brings the Wisdom, please Tiny Hobbit migrate to the C3/C4 forum in a weeks time! You would be great there! Anyway guys time for me to get some rest after a semi-productive sunday - night all!

OK. Just at the moment I'm fascinated by the misconceptions on M1 and the panics on D1 (and keep being given D1 papers to mark -that's the one module that you really need your teacher to mark your past papers).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 231
OK. Just at the moment I'm fascinated by the misconceptions on M1 and the panics on D1 (and keep being given D1 papers to mark -that's the one module that you really need your teacher to mark your past papers).

Hey! Thanks for lurking this thread and answering our questions! Would be glad if you can answer mine.

Assume in Linear Programming the optimal point lies on a dotted line ( < or > inequality ) , do I take the exact point? Or up/down it?

If X lies between 40 and 20 for example, do I use bigger/smaller sign or bigger/smaller and equal sign?

Thank you very much!
(edited 10 years ago)
Just do it in pencil and if you have time go over it in pen to be safe.

Thanks and in route inspection if in mark scheme they put

BC + GH
BG + CH
BH + CG

and if I did this

CB + GH
CG+ HB
CH + GB

does this mean the same thing right?
Reply 234
Thanks and in route inspection if in mark scheme they put

BC + GH
BG + CH
BH + CG

and if I did this

CB + GH
CG+ HB
CH + GB

does this mean the same thing right?

Lol. It's the exact same thing :s-smilie:
Original post by Better
Lol. It's the exact same thing :s-smilie:

Thanks and do you get this question http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/June%202011%20-%20MS/6689_01_rms_20110817.pdf
7)e) right, why did they do 3 x 9 =27 days work, why are there 9 activities when its 8 ?

thanks again
Thanks and do you get this question http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/June%202011%20-%20MS/6689_01_rms_20110817.pdf
7)e) right, why did they do 3 x 9 =27 days work, why are there 9 activities when its 8 ?

thanks again

Its possible to have 9 activities going on between 7 & 16 ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368456579.839595.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
I need to buy a set square before Friday then lol.

Does anybody else hate quicksorting words into alphabetical order? Numbers are so much easier and I find my self going through the alphabet in my head like a million times.

Yes, I have to go through the alphabet, it is really annoying!
I can't say this module is difficult (so much of it doesn't even feel like maths), but its way too easy to lose marks :angry: not particularly looking forward to Friday.
Reply 239
Original post by Revengeissweet
I can't say this module is difficult (so much of it doesn't even feel like maths), but its way too easy to lose marks :angry: not particularly looking forward to Friday.

Keep Calm and Carry On. :smile:

This exam should be alright. Once it's done I can focus on my other 6 Exams. Just did a Mock today, was so frustrating people were talking so much around me - Lesson to self. Before the Exam I will speak to no one at all.

Quick Reply

Latest