The Student Room Group

OCR MEI AS Mathematics Core 1 13/05/2013

I'm retaking this exam as I only got 66UMS in January :frown: I'm hoping for an A grade now when I've done all the past papers :smile:
Also this exam is clashing with FP1 so I'm gonna have almost 4 hours worth of maths exams on that day :/
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me too, i think i'm fairly prepared for this exam. I just hope OCR doesn't troll us :rolleyes:
p
Original post by Matt_dragon
I'm retaking this exam as I only got 66UMS in January :frown: I'm hoping for an A grade now when I've done all the past papers :smile:
Also this exam is clashing with FP1 so I'm gonna have almost 4 hours worth of maths exams on that day :/

can you help me with a question, i get it but i dont :/ if you get what i mean ha :/
its question 11i on the june 2012, it gives the x values as -0.5, -2, and 5. its asks for it in the form 2x^3, so you changes on of the roots to -1, by multiplying by two. And this changes the y intercept. but doesnt that change the whole cubic? if you get me :/ dont know how to explain myself :frown:
ps your right this thread has been dead for a while :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Rubyturner94
p

can you help me with a question, i get it but i dont :/ if you get what i mean ha :/
its question 11i on the june 2012, it gives the x values as -0.5, -2, and 5. its asks for it in the form 2x^3, so you changes on of the roots to -1, by multiplying by two. And this changes the y intercept. but doesnt that change the whole cubic? if you get me :/ dont know how to explain myself :frown:
ps your right this thread has been dead for a while :tongue:

Oooh I remember this question from the mock!
Well what I did was multiply out the brackets of the cubic, and once I got the equation I multiplied it all by 2 and came out with the correct answer :smile:
If you get what I'm saying haha :smile:
Oooh I remember this question from the mock!
Well what I did was multiply out the brackets of the cubic, and once I got the equation I multiplied it all by 2 and came out with the correct answer :smile:
If you get what I'm saying haha :smile:

i have a feeling this exam will be terrible :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Rubyturner94
i have a feeling this exam will be terrible :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was set on an A grade in January as well, haha, well until I saw the paper. I panicked 25minutes into the exam :/

We'll be fine, don't worry! I'm more worried about Further Maths :frown: Seriously considering dropping it next year haha.

P.S You are very pretty by the way :smile: (assuming that's you in your avatar haha!)
I was set on an A grade in January as well, haha, well until I saw the paper. I panicked 25minutes into the exam :/

We'll be fine, don't worry! I'm more worried about Further Maths :frown: Seriously considering dropping it next year haha.

P.S You are very pretty by the way :smile: (assuming that's you in your avatar haha!)

thankyou :smile: haha yh its me.
me too, im considering dropping FM :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm absolutely bricking it guys :frown:
I got a C in January, having got mostly A's in the past papers before then...
Praying for an easy paper tomorrow :frown:
my teacher skipped proofs, i dont get it at all, what are the basics? tips for answering proof question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Absolutely terrified for tomorrow because I'm worried about OCR throwing in some really weird questions, and I really need to do well in this paper to help bring up my AS mark because I'm awful at C2 and I don't really get M1 :frown:
Hello everybody! I also have my MEI C1 tomorow and I am as worried as you. They said there making the exams harder and looking at the JAN 2013 C1 they werent lying! haha
Reply 11
Is anybody sitting MEI FP1 tomorrow? I'm absolutely bricking myself
Reply 12
reading these posts. made me even more nervous :eek:
Dont be nervous! You will be fine!
Reply 14
i'm so worried :frown:

hope they don't throw in any weird ones like that circle question in the January 2013 paper..

hoping that a polynomial division comes up in section B :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by tumblrgirl
i'm so worried :frown:

hope they don't throw in any weird ones like that circle question in the January 2013 paper..

hoping that a polynomial division comes up in section B :tongue:

Are you talking about the q3 cd=kr one (or something like that) on section A? Because that one was super weird :s-smilie: Jan 2013 was a pretty tough paper...
Oh yeah that circle question! haha No-one in my class was able to get that one even the A students. My teacher went through it on the board and it didnt look to bad to be honest
Reply 17
Original post by lucie rose
Are you talking about the q3 cd=kr one (or something like that) on section A? Because that one was super weird :s-smilie: Jan 2013 was a pretty tough paper...

yeah that one, it was really weird :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Badman1231
Oh yeah that circle question! haha No-one in my class was able to get that one even the A students. My teacher went through it on the board and it didnt look to bad to be honest

i think a few people in my class got it, yeah same here, it didn't look too bad when our teacher went through it, i guess nobody was expecting anything like it in the exam..
Reply 19
Laying a brick I am.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending