The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Salmonidae
I have the January 2013 paper but it's covered in right and wrong answers, I can scan it in if anyone wants though?

That's great thanks.
Reply 41
I have the January 2013 paper but it's covered in right and wrong answers, I can scan it in if anyone wants though?

It would be amazing if you could get me a copy! thank you v much

Spoiler

HERE IS F335 Jan 2013

Sorry for the ghetto photo scan and the occasional wrong answers and the awful handwriting! Corrections are blue ink, I think I corrected most of the questions! Hope this helps team! (I've hopefully got better at chemistry since doing this paper a few weeks ago).

PS. Grade boundary for an A is 84/120

S
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
Thankyou!!
Reply 44
Thanks dude!

Looks like a decent paper tbh :biggrin:
That NMR question was tricky in my opinion. I did that as a mock and felt exhausted :P

Overall it was OK

-Harantony
Reply 46
Original post by Harantony
That NMR question was tricky in my opinion. I did that as a mock and felt exhausted :P

Overall it was OK

-Harantony

NMR splitting pattern does my head in all the time :frown: The question on chiral center's also looks weird :/

This paper is 100% synoptic, so there's literally anything they can chuck at us. I'm terrified! :colondollar:
Original post by abzy1234
NMR splitting pattern does my head in all the time :frown: The question on chiral center's also looks weird :/

This paper is 100% synoptic, so there's literally anything they can chuck at us. I'm terrified! :colondollar:

The chiral one is odd because it starts easily enough but then throws in a curve ball using cis/trans in a context where it is not about a double bond. You have to think in terms of groups and 3D positioning.
Reply 48
The chiral one is odd because it starts easily enough but then throws in a curve ball using cis/trans in a context where it is not about a double bond. You have to think in terms of groups and 3D positioning.

Hmm that makes more sense. Cheers! :smile:
Reply 49

Spoiler

HERE IS F335 Jan 2013

Sorry for the ghetto photo scan and the occasional wrong answers and the awful handwriting! Corrections are blue ink, I think I corrected most of the questions! Hope this helps team! (I've hopefully got better at chemistry since doing this paper a few weeks ago).

PS. Grade boundary for an A is 82/120

S

hey i am not sure but it seems like u have missed page 19 or 20... upload if u can.. thanks
Original post by tsr1
hey i am not sure but it seems like u have missed page 19 or 20... upload if u can.. thanks

I haven't missed one, there is actually a page number error in the paper. If you add up the marks it still works out! Good spot though, I hadn't noticed! :smile:

S
Reply 51
We did that mock. Thought my mark (around 75 ish?) was terrible, but turns out the grade boundary for an A is 82 you say? Wow, hahaha. Fills me with a little more confidence.
Original post by George_
We did that mock. Thought my mark (around 75 ish?) was terrible, but turns out the grade boundary for an A is 82 you say? Wow, hahaha. Fills me with a little more confidence.

Yea, gotta remember that these papers are hard as nails for everybody and the grade boundaries reflect that. I actually made a mistake with 82, the grade boundaries are as follows:

A 84
B 75
C 67
D 59
E 51
Reply 53
Yea, gotta remember that these papers are hard as nails for everybody and the grade boundaries reflect that. I actually made a mistake with 82, the grade boundaries are as follows:

A 84
B 75
C 67
D 59
E 51

Ah fair play. This is arguably my most important exam, so I'm bricking it. Haven't properly started revising for it yet, but we'll see how it goes. I don't usually start revising until ~1.5 weeks before/2 weeks before first exams.
Original post by George_
Ah fair play. This is arguably my most important exam, so I'm bricking it. Haven't properly started revising for it yet, but we'll see how it goes. I don't usually start revising until ~1.5 weeks before/2 weeks before first exams.

I have just been doing light revision since easter, a past paper ever couple of days. First exam isnt for another 5 weeks or so, so plenty of time!
Reply 55
Does anyone have any predictions on what is most likely to come up based on what has been in the exams for the past few years??
I saw a table showing what had come up recently for f334 and it was very accurate in predicting what is most likely to appear!!
Everything will come up, usually the F334 papers have 90% of the stuff in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by Rustii
Does anyone have any predictions on what is most likely to come up based on what has been in the exams for the past few years??
I saw a table showing what had come up recently for f334 and it was very accurate in predicting what is most likely to appear!!

Ooh, any chance you could send the link?
Reply 58
can someone explain why this paper which is mainly synoptic, is before F334? it makes no sense to me and just makes my revision structure harder to keep on top of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by 3raindrops
can someone explain why this paper which is mainly synoptic, is before F334? it makes no sense to me and just makes my revision structure harder to keep on top of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's stupid isn't it? I haven't heard or read anywhere why F334 is the last exam, and like you said, it makes sense to have the synoptic paper last. It's the same case for OCR A, I don't think it's the same for the other boards.

Oh well, F334 and F335 are quite complementary, as all the organic stuff are built on; though I imagine sections on polymers, complexes, electrode potentials and biochemistry can seem a bit abstract.

Best to plough on with revision regardless :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending