So band 3/4? :smile:
Reply 121
Original post by adelinanuhija
Its out of 24 marks

Yeah, anything fro 17 to 20 out of 24. ie 17, 18, 19, 20 out of 24
Reply 122
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Thought of some possible questions:

Q1A. Explain why Wilson won the election of 1912.
Q1B. How successful was Wilson's foreign policy in the years 1914-1920?

Q2A. Explain why the KKK declined in the 1920s.
Q2B. How important was technology in shaping the 1920s?

Q3A. Explain why Japan attacked the USA in 1941.
Q2B. How important was World War II in stabilising the American economy in the years 1939-1945?

How did you come up with these questions?? Did you look at past questions?? :smile:
Original post by uzma786
How did you come up with these questions?? Did you look at past questions?? :smile:

random
Reply 124
i dont understand the relevance of the Monkey Trials
Original post by Xx4L3x
i dont understand the relevance of the Monkey Trials

Showed the ultra-religious ideals of the time and backwardness of parts of America.
Reply 126
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Showed the ultra-religious ideals of the time and backwardness of parts of America.

What type of question would that come under?
Original post by Xx4L3x

Maybe: How influential was the Monkey Trial in shaping US society in the 1920s?
Original post by Xx4L3x

You could you it as just to back up the point as evidence for a 24 mark. a direct question is very unlikely but as evidence it was a national phenomenon and showed the vast diffrence between the big city, a mosaic of immigrants compaired to small town protestant eager to cling on to their tradition. Could be used in a kkk question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Original post by muzika
No introduction for 12m question, only 3 paragraphs explaining 3 different reasons.

But for 24m you must have introduction and conclusion.

Anyone know how important was Atlantic Charter for entry to ww2?? What about importance of neutrality acts? Lend-lease? Cash sn carry act?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that all of the factors you mentioned are very important to US entry. The Atlantic charter strengthened FDRs and Churchills relationship even though they were suspiciuos of each other particularly FDR. The neutrality acts became steadily less isolationist from 1935 to 1939 when they ended the arms embargo and advocated cash and carry and then lend lease. All of these just show that the link between the USA and Britain (and other allies) was strong and it became more so as the Americans contributed more. Cash and carry made the allies come and get the weapons themselves so the USA would remain neutral but with lend-lease they helped deliver any armaments. Destroyers for bases also reflects their past history and close ties and genrally shows that the Americans were on the edge of joining but some isolationists beleived Britain was 'tricking' them to join ww2. Pearl Harbour was clearly the main cause and you could argue without it the americans may not have joined until later. But undoubtedly the acts mentioned are significant because America had chosen to be involved in the war and aid britain. they were major signs of the end of americas neutrality.

Hope ive answered your questions. bit unsure myself really but i hope it helps somehow. sorry if ive waffled :colondollar:
I thought we only had to know the rise of the KKK and not the fall?
Reply 131
I thought we only had to know the rise of the KKK and not the fall?

In the specification says the rise and fall
Reply 132
I thought we only had to know the rise of the KKK and not the fall?[/QUO

no I had to learn the rise and fall. satisfying to learn how they collapsed.
The main points really are:

1. David Stephenson, Grand Dragon of Indiana sentenced to 25 years in prison for manslaughter and rape. This went against the clans ideals of womens equality and 'moral purity'. Lost a lot of support.
2. FInancial mismanagement and corruption among leaders. Exploited members.
3. Death of Elizabeth Tyler in 1924- publicity and marketing declined without her skills.
4. Extremists left when the klan decided not to focus on political gain but on the outdoors with camping etc.
5. "Divisions among tactics among the Klans leaders" (Rowe)
6. Politicians who liked having links with the KKK when they were influential were only "opportunistic" and stopped supporting them when support faltered.
7. Introduction of Immigration quotas- Emergency Quota act and Natural origins reduced anti-immigrant moods.

Dont know if you wanted this info but.......... :smile: used it as revision
Thanks, good points :smile:
If it's any help, every single Unit 1 24 marker so far (aside from January and June 2009) have been about foreign policy. My bet's on that. (but revise other stuff also! you know AQA. they're sneaky)

I'm hoping for the Unit 2 24 marker to be on the extent of the boom.
Has anyone else got the Access to History Peter Clements textbook for this paper? We have, and I'm personally not a fan - there's absolutely nothing on Open Door policy, despite it been a 12 marker in 2009, and two lines on dollar diplomacy. If anyone's got any points for a question on these it'd be much appreciated!
Reply 135
There's a page with 5 points for the fall of the KKK on page 68, which means it could definitely come up guys !!
I think WWII is likely to come up because it hasn't since January 2011 :smile:
Does anyone have detailed notes on the effect of organised crime... I would appreciate it
Reply 138
My teacher gave this model answer on organised crime, maybe its gonna be useful :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
yes please.. is it a 24 mark or 12 mark model answer?
Either way...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending