The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BIAD- Art and Design Foundation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ineslovesjy
awwww lucky you!!! I have been trying to apply for Opal 1, but the university still have not updated my course offer on their system which means i still cannot apply for an accommodation... i hope there is still room for me in opal 1.... :afraid:

Were you the first lot of interviewees? i think thats probably the reason, you get all those details earlier! I couldnt attend the interview in easter so I went after easter

Original post by Tash94
Hey! I got accepted on the course back in January, and I just applied for accommodation today, Opal 1 is my first choice, just because it's closest :tongue: I live in Shrewsbury so I'm very far away! Does anyone else know where they're going to apply for accommodation?
Also, does anyone know how many people are going to be on the Foundation course?

OMGGGGGG YESSSS!! ive been trying three weeks i can finally apply for it!! have you been trying but couldn't before as well??
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
OMGGGGGG YESSSS!! ive been trying three weeks i can finally apply for it!! have you been trying but couldn't before as well??

Nope! :smile: I just did it the other day, I got accepted back in January so I think it was fine! Is Opal 1 gonna be your first choice?
Original post by Tash94
Nope! :smile: I just did it the other day, I got accepted back in January so I think it was fine! Is Opal 1 gonna be your first choice?

yes, what about you? but opal 1's en-suite shower seems a bit..
Reply 23
the teacher mentioned it to me as well.. i think it was 200ish or 300ish

I asked them on the phone before applying :tongue:
Sitting at 2:30am, eating pasta, I realise that I'm very likely to be going on a holiday just before my results day, and not coming back until a few days just before the course starts... Which will make forwarding my results to BCU a tad tricky since I'm supposed to e-mail/ post my results slip. If I request my results to be e-mailed to me by my Sixth Form and forward that, reckon BCU will accept them?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Vikasi
I asked them on the phone before applying :tongue:
Sitting at 2:30am, eating pasta, I realise that I'm very likely to be going on a holiday just before my results day, and not coming back until a few days just before the course starts... Which will make forwarding my results to BCU a tad tricky since I'm supposed to e-mail/ post my results slip. If I request my results to be e-mailed to me by my Sixth Form and forward that, reckon BCU will accept them?

To be honest, I'm not really sure.. Does it matter forwarding or emailing results to the uni? :O

By the way, as we apply directly to the uni, does this mean we are supposed to tell them our results ourselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
To be honest, I'm not really sure.. Does it matter forwarding or emailing results to the uni? :O

By the way, as we apply directly to the uni, does this mean we are supposed to tell them our results ourselves?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup. This is what was stated in my "confirmation of acceptance" e-mail:

"Thank you for accepting the offer of a place on the BTEC Foundation Diploma (Art and Design). This has now been recorded on your application record. Please send confirmation of your results once you receive them next summer"

Guess you just scan in your results slip/ letter (or forward your results e-mail) and send them along with your University ID which you should have received when you applied.
Original post by Vikasi
Yup. This is what was stated in my "confirmation of acceptance" e-mail:

"Thank you for accepting the offer of a place on the BTEC Foundation Diploma (Art and Design). This has now been recorded on your application record. Please send confirmation of your results once you receive them next summer"

Guess you just scan in your results slip/ letter (or forward your results e-mail) and send them along with your University ID which you should have received when you applied.

I have not received this O_O This is probably after you sent back your course offer letter, right?
i sent that letter back last Friday and nothing's heard yet..
Reply 27
I have not received this O_O This is probably after you sent back your course offer letter, right?
i sent that letter back last Friday and nothing's heard yet..

That's probably why, I got mine about a week/ week and a half after posting my offer acceptance documents.
Has everyone finished their a level art exams? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Has everyone finished their a level art exams? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup. 10 hours of complete silence and without my glasses. It was a dreadful two days.
Original post by Vikasi
Yup. 10 hours of complete silence and without my glasses. It was a dreadful two days.

:eek: have you finished mounting them?
Reply 31
:eek: have you finished mounting them?

Gave in my coursework over a week ago (finished evaluation and submission paperwork this Tuesday)!
Reply 32
Original post by Vikasi
Gave in my coursework over a week ago (finished evaluation and submission paperwork this Tuesday)!

Ahh very sorry I had no idea there was an actual thread woohoo! Hi everyone I will also be there in September as long as my own accommodation application is successful (Opal 1 too)
I also finished my exam on thursday... omg so tired!
Reply 33
What did everyone do for their exam topic/theme? Mine was Still Life... with a required hidden meaning.
Original post by Megan95
Ahh very sorry I had no idea there was an actual thread woohoo! Hi everyone I will also be there in September as long as my own accommodation application is successful (Opal 1 too)
I also finished my exam on thursday... omg so tired!

is yours successful and confirmed already? good good! mine is still awaiting course offer:smile:

I have finished my art exam weeks ago and started mounting them. handing everything in on Monday! and now still working on my personal study.. arghh
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
It says awaiting course offer but I already have the points... I called them on Friday to ask why and they said they would put things through or update it or something and that I should check the site in Monday :s-smilie: Hope we get opal 1!

Ive officially finished art can't believe it!
Original post by Megan95
It says awaiting course offer but I already have the points... I called them on Friday to ask why and they said they would put things through or update it or something and that I should check the site in Monday :s-smilie: Hope we get opal 1!

Ive officially finished art can't believe it!

yes hopefully! finger crossed :smile:
Reply 37
Could everyone post their art? Would be pretty cool to see what everyone's stuff looks like.
Reply 38
Original post by Tash94
Could everyone post their art? Would be pretty cool to see what everyone's stuff looks like.

Posted this earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWCztULad0M

Not an up to date representation, but it's what got me my BIAD offer.
Interested in seeing yours, if you're asking!
Original post by Vikasi
Posted this earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWCztULad0M

Not an up to date representation, but it's what got me my BIAD offer.
Interested in seeing yours, if you're asking!

amazing art your got there!!
is that an a2 display book?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending