The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolface32
Congrats on the A*, let's face it you do already have it :colondollar:
I need 92 UMS :eek:. This exam will hopefully be piss though :cool:

it will should have lower grade boundries because its the first ever sitting, however I reckon it will be 43 for an A* ( it was 38 for the first B1 ) so that A* should easily happen

still revising though :L

Original post by pinkgorilla
Mine are 8 A* 3 A and a B, but thats not really realistic but then again nothing is impossible :biggrin:

Same. Im targeting at 100 UMS. I really want an A* in bio !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:five: how much UMS do you need ?
Original post by Keats202
I'm predicted an A in all sciences but I got one mark under a c in b2 and 5 under a c on c2 so not to confident on b3 :/

should have lower grade boundries so don't worry too much ... and the Unit 2's have the most content so don't worry too much :biggrin:
Reply 422
Original post by jonathanparkes
I thought I was confident but then I did the specimen and the mark scheme is ridiculous!

To be honest I think because the exam isn't being sat they rush the mark scheme a little (that's why there is little additional guidance, etc)

To hit the marks you probably would need to have a similar idea as the mark scheme, but definitely not verbatim!
Original post by pinkgorilla
If a 6 marker on the two different biogas generators came out how would you answer the question to get 6 marks. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah spec papers are usually crap for AQA, probably as they dont get paid for them and a proper exam has vetted questions and a good markscheme. The spec is just a quick knock up.
Also anybody know how you would answer a blood flow in the heart six marker
Original post by Mrkingpenguin

I think you must mention all the parts of the heart. The atriums, ventricles, arteries, veins, valves etc. And then mention that it flows to the lungs - to be oxygenated and to the rest of the body. Basically the whole process in detail. Without waffling.
I thought I was confident but then I did the specimen and the mark scheme is ridiculous!

It is truly ridiculous! Eventhough you write the right answer, if it's not in the mark scheme, you don't get it! How unfair?
Yeah spec papers are usually crap for AQA, probably as they dont get paid for them and a proper exam has vetted questions and a good markscheme. The spec is just a quick knock up.

I can second this. If you look at the B3 specimen paper it actually contains a lot of diagrams and data from previous B3 exams, with slighty altered questions.
(edited 10 years ago)

The heart is split into two halves, the left side which pumps the oxygenated blood and the right which pumps the deoxygenated blood. The pulmonary vein brings oxygenated blood into the left atrium where a valve lets it through into the left ventricle where it is pushed through another valve and through the aorta into the body. The vena cava brings the deoxygenated blood into the right atrium where it the pushed through a valve into the right ventricle and through another valve and through the pulmonary artery to the lungs.

I think thats everything...
The heart is split into two halves, the left side which pumps the oxygenated blood and the right which pumps the deoxygenated blood. The pulmonary vein brings oxygenated blood into the left atrium where a valve lets it through into the left ventricle where it is pushed through another valve and through the aorta into the body. The vena cava brings the deoxygenated blood into the right atrium where it the pushed through a valve into the right ventricle and through another valve and through the pulmonary artery to the lungs.

I think thats everything...

Thanks
Reply 430
Thanks techno836 that's made me quite a bit more confident ^.^
think the boundaries will be around 44-46 for an A*, first sittings tend to be high look at unit 1 JAN 2012 and unit 2 June 2012 :wink:. However, this said the papers should be easy in practise as biology's ones were easy for the first sitting :wink:
Reply 432
What do you guys think the raw mark for the ISA will be in UMS?

I got 45/50 on my Biology ISA and it was 39/50 for an A* so how many UMS do you think I will have if I got a raw mark of 45??:confused:
People are going on about ISA grade boundaries are they making them up or have they actually been published?
Original post by MsFahima
It is truly ridiculous! Eventhough you write the right answer, if it's not in the mark scheme, you don't get it! How unfair?

I know there are plenty of other answers but i think/hope that in the real they will be more lenient!!
Reply 435
Original post by cookiesncream123
People are going on about ISA grade boundaries are they making them up or have they actually been published?

Our teachers told us but I am not sure if that's just an assumption or if it's what the ISA boundary was for normal GCSE Science last year summer :s-smilie:
I think we should all stop worrying about ISA's because no one knows the exact grade boundary. :smile:
Reply 437
Original post by nagi96
Our teachers told us but I am not sure if that's just an assumption or if it's what the ISA boundary was for normal GCSE Science last year summer :s-smilie:

Everyone in my school basically messed up the ISA's I originally got 35 and now its gone down to 31 :/ dunno what that is a C or D. Before ISA i was predicted A* :frown:

I am really scared for this exam, all of the sciences really.

6 marker best not be about biogas...
Original post by ali_d123
Everyone in my school basically messed up the ISA's I originally got 35 and now its gone down to 31 :/ dunno what that is a C or D. Before ISA i was predicted A* :frown:

I am really scared for this exam, all of the sciences really.

6 marker best not be about biogas...

Why so worried about Biogas? If you learnt it, then you know it. Right?
Original post by techno836
it will should have lower grade boundries because its the first ever sitting, however I reckon it will be 43 for an A* ( it was 38 for the first B1 ) so that A* should easily happen

still revising though :L

:five: how much UMS do you need ?

98 - 100 D:
Depending on the isa. This is why I wanna retake b1 D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending