The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford Uni Accommodation Constantine/Horlock/Castle Irwell

So I checked the acommodation page to find that from today we can actually apply for accommodation at Constantine/Horlock/Castle Irwell!

'We are now taking applications for accommodation for September 2013'

Is anyone else applying for Constantine/Horlock/Castle Irwell?

I picked Constantine Court as my first choice, Horlock Court as my second choice and Castle Irwell as my third!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to offer you a room once you've applied? :confused:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeh if you have a conditional offer you have to wait untill you get your final grades
Reply 3
Original post by 123frogs
Yeh if you have a conditional offer you have to wait untill you get your final grades

My offer was unconditional, which I firmed in January. :tongue:
Reply 4
Oh hum I'm not sure then, what halls is it that Youv applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by 123frogs
Oh hum I'm not sure then, what halls is it that Youv applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Constantine was my fist choice, Horlock was my second, Castle Irwell was my third. :smile:

Have you applied?
Reply 6
Yeh if applied for horlock court, I'm confused about when we get told if we have a room though, the accommodation bit says you'll get told this week and then I emailed and asked and they said you'll be offered a room when you get an unconditional place 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Just Horlock? I had to pick 3 in order of preference. :confused:
I think they only offer rooms when you have an unconditional offer.

I just checked the accommodation page and it does say that they'll be making offers from this week. Not sure why I haven't received mine yet (I had an unconditional and have had it firmed since January). :rolleyes:
Reply 8
I think i'll be going Horlock, Irwell then Constantine. I was going to put Constantine as my second but considering the prices have increased Constantine seems less appealing, despite the fact i'd still have £80 to live off per week if i chose it, i'd rather spend more money on food (because i eat non-stop without ever getting fat :P) rather than my own bathroom. I'd probably have to clean my own bathroom also and thus spend money on bathroom products whereas i could just get a cleaner to do it, i'm assuming that's what happens in non-en-suite anyway.
Reply 9
Original post by Ruffiio
I think i'll be going Horlock, Irwell then Constantine. I was going to put Constantine as my second but considering the prices have increased Constantine seems less appealing, despite the fact i'd still have £80 to live off per week if i chose it, i'd rather spend more money on food (because i eat non-stop without ever getting fat :P) rather than my own bathroom. I'd probably have to clean my own bathroom also and thus spend money on bathroom products whereas i could just get a cleaner to do it, i'm assuming that's what happens in non-en-suite anyway.

I've just heard of things that go on in university showers so I'd rather have my own so I know its clean. :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Yeh iv put my first choice as horlock, then irwell and Constantine last, I'm not really bothered about sharing a bathroom, and I'd rather have the extra money, bit also what stories about what goes on in the showers? Hhaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Anyone got an offer for horlock court?
Hi I've just applied for Constantine Court as my first choice, I'm female, 20, from Sheffield and going on to study podiatry! Does anybody know if there's a Facebook group or something for the halls? x
Reply 13
Constantine court has a Facebook group :smile: please search 'Constantine Court Tenants 2013-2014 Salford University' and join :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by eve.adams
Constantine court has a Facebook group :smile: please search 'Constantine Court Tenants 2013-2014 Salford University' and join :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I search that on Facebook it says 'no results found'.
:confused:
Reply 16

Thanks! That actually works. :biggrin:
Reply 17
Ive applied for Horlock as my first choice too! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by JA1994
I've just heard of things that go on in university showers so I'd rather have my own so I know its clean. :rolleyes:

You'd rather have your own so you can partake in these "things" :colone:
Reply 19
Dose anyone know when out actuall moving date is? Iv got a room on horlock court and my tenacy starts from the second of September but I'm not sure if that means that I can move in on that date? Also anyone know when freshers week is? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending