The Student Room Group

AS resitting and predicted grades.

As far as I'm aware, predicted grades for university are given to us on the basis of how we perform at AS and our AS grades.

So, what if I I'm resitting AS year along side doing A2? Will my teacher wait a few months into A2 to give me my predicted grade?
Original post by Wall of sound
As far as I'm aware, predicted grades for university are given to us on the basis of how we perform at AS and our AS grades.

So, what if I I'm resitting AS year along side doing A2? Will my teacher wait a few months into A2 to give me my predicted grade?

The 'final' predictions you get should coincide with the time your UCAS application is being sent.
In general, teachers tend to predict your A2 grade as the same grade you get for AS, e.g. if you get at C at AS they'll predict you a C at A2. Sometimes teachers will predict you a grade higher than you achieved at AS providing you make a good case for it and if you need it (for a university you want to go to).
Reply 2
Original post by .:Twilight:.
The 'final' predictions you get should coincide with the time your UCAS application is being sent.
In general, teachers tend to predict your A2 grade as the same grade you get for AS, e.g. if you get at C at AS they'll predict you a C at A2. Sometimes teachers will predict you a grade higher than you achieved at AS providing you make a good case for it and if you need it (for a university you want to go to).

That hasn't really answered my question.

If I'm resitting the AS year in a specific subject, then what happens? So the grade I receive at AS will be my predicted grade, despite resitting to achieve a better grade?
Original post by Wall of sound
That hasn't really answered my question.

If I'm resitting the AS year in a specific subject, then what happens? So the grade I receive at AS will be my predicted grade, despite resitting to achieve a better grade?

Will you be resitting just for the AS, or whilst also studying for the A2 in that subject?

Your teacher will probably predict you one grade higher, but it would be best to talk to your teacher about what grade you're aiming for.
Reply 4
Original post by .:Twilight:.
Will you be resitting just for the AS, or whilst also studying for the A2 in that subject?

Your teacher will probably predict you one grade higher, but it would be best to talk to your teacher about what grade you're aiming for.

Yeah, I'll be resitting Philosophy AS as well as doing A2.
Reply 5
The grades you get for your AS is a big factor in your predicted grades. Most teachers play it safe and just write down your AS results as your predicted grade but if your teacher knows you can do better then they might give you a higher prediction. For example, one of my friend in Sociology got a C at At AS sociology but she was predicted A for University even though she only need a B for Uni. The teacher predicted her an A because she knows she really good at Socioogy and it was just an exam that went really bad. In my case, I got a C at AS sociology and my teacher predicted me a C but I needed a B for my top Univeristy so I spoke to my teacher and she changed it to a B.

if you need a higher prediction in your Philosopy exam, speak to your teacher and emphasise on the point that you will be re-sitting your AS. If she doesn't listen, speak to your head if sixth form/college. But yeah, like already stated just communicate with your teacher :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest