The Student Room Group

Liberal moderators on TSR?

Am I the only one who notices a liberal stance by moderators on TSR?

I am making posts about the rampant abuse of feminism, homosexuality, ethnic affairs in the UK and they are continually deleting my posts.

Understandably liberals are the least tolerant people in this country and they have an iron will to declare ideas they don't like as being ''offensive'', but the fact is they are real opinion and they need to realise these thoughts are reflective of people.

It's about time the TSR lost this liberal approach and become more reflective of society.

Just look at the popularity of the Daily mail and yet on this website it's treated like a joke, whereas the guardian is the holy bible.

End this nonsense now!

You cannot silence thoughts. George Orwell was right when he wrote 1984. Left wingers are the greatest threat to freedom and liberty.
I think there's a mixture of moderators, not sure if im allowed to name names, forgive me if i do, but Three Mile Sprint is a more right wing moderator.

Are you sure your posts are actually constructed or are they just abusive?
Reply 2
George Orwell was on the left in his political beliefs....
Reply 3
Agree, I've had posts deleted for "trolling" or "offensiveness" when I was just speaking my mind.
Reply 4
There are some Mods on here that I think have let their personal opinions sway their moderation in the past, but generally speaking so long as you keep your discussion civil, then your posts will stay.
I do agree with the daily mail comment. When lefties on here denounce it, theyre effectively denouncing millions of people whom read it on a daily basis, they call it a racist xenophobic homophobic pedophilia newspaper, which is just an insult to normal people of the country.
Original post by FireScirocco1

I am making posts about the rampant abuse of feminism, homosexuality, ethnic affairs in the UK and they are continually deleting my posts.

Understandably liberals are the least tolerant people in this country and they have an iron will to declare ideas they don't like as being ''offensive'', but the fact is they are real opinion and they need to realise these thoughts are reflective of people.

It's about time the TSR lost this liberal approach and become more reflective of society.

Just look at the popularity of the Daily mail and yet on this website it's treated like a joke, whereas the guardian is the holy bible.

End this nonsense now!

You cannot silence thoughts. George Orwell was right when he wrote 1984. Left wingers are the greatest threat to freedom and liberty.

I agree with certain parts of your post: the denunciation of the Daily Mail, for example. However, as a liberal democrat supporter myself, I fail to see how true-liberalism (not the disease of our universities: modern liberalism) is intolerant. Can you explain please?
Don't worry ...im doing my utmost best to change this.

But in reality, the Moderation team is made up of a bunch of highly varied individuals, with opinions ranging across the entire spectrum on nearly all issues. I can't specifically comment on moderator decisions regarding you, but the most likely reason your threads are being removed is because they violate forum regulations or are judged to be purposefully inflammatory.

There are right-wing threads and posts every day on TSR which don't get removed, it's about "how you say things" not what you say, just be polite and reasonable and you should be fine.
I mean...come on, I run around with the user-title "Resident Fascist Mod" if they can handle that as long as I am polite, what worry do you have?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by FireScirocco1

End this nonsense now!

As much as I agree that there is a problem with the moderating system, you're not going to get far complaining on their forum sadly. Just remember that they make the rules in this site, even if it claims to be a democratic one.

Original post by Aj12
George Orwell was on the left in his political beliefs....

Until Catalonia, then he changed from being a radical left wing proponent, which is the type the OP is pertaining to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Don't worry ...im doing my utmost best to change this.

But in reality, the Moderation team is made up of a bunch of highly varied individuals, with opinions ranging across the entire spectrum on nearly all issues. I can't specifically comment on moderator decisions regarding you, but the most likely reason your threads are being removed is because they violate forum regulations or are judged to be purposefully inflammatory.

There are right-wing threads and posts every day on TSR which don't get removed, it's about "how you say things" not what you say, just be polite and reasonable and you should be fine.

Well said, the right wingers on this forum can moan all they like, but at the end of the day, posts stating a view aren't going to get deleted (there are still plenty of extreme threads open), its just many people on here seem incapable of stating their view without resorting to petty insults or being condescending towards anyone who shares a different view(for example some of the ridiculous comments I've seen about anyone who votes labour), so no wonder comments are getting deleted, many posters on here really need to grow up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hilarious drivel.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending