The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology SCLY1 Family & Households 13th May 2013.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hasan-1-
Is everybody sitting the exam at 2pm?

I start at 11:15 as I have 3 exams tomorrow! D:
Original post by xBrii
I have 2 Philosophy exams and a Maths exam tomorrow so I've barely revised Sociology as much as I would've liked and I really need an A. In class we weren't really taught any sociologists either but a few mentioned ring a bell... so worried, I'm normally overstressed for 1 exam, let alone 4 :frown:

Good luck everyone!

woah! good luck, im sure you'll do brilliantly(:
At 12?! :redface:
I have it at 2pm.. Isn't there any possible way the people that are sitting it at 12:00/12:30 can post questions that came up?

Wait a minute, you have yours at 12? Mine is at 1;30, how come yours is a whole hour and a half in front of my college? BTW, Im guessing posting questions is allowed. But when is the time limit to put the questions up?
I have this exam tomorrow afternoon and I broke a finger in my writing hand yesterday afternoon whilst playing cricket and I am in quite a bit of discomfort when I write and my writing speed has slowed down considerably. Does anyone know if what I can do?
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Wait a minute, you have yours at 12? Mine is at 1;30, how come yours is a whole hour and a half in front of my college? BTW, Im guessing posting questions is allowed. But when is the time limit to put the questions up?

I have no idea why the timings are all over the place.. I think some people have it earlier than others because the center they're sitting it in may also need the exam hall for other exams later in the day? I also don't know about the time limit..

BTW any tips on how to get the paper done within the hour as it seems near impossible!!
Original post by ashclifford
I have this exam tomorrow afternoon and I broke a finger in my writing hand yesterday afternoon whilst playing cricket and I am in quite a bit of discomfort when I write and my writing speed has slowed down considerably. Does anyone know if what I can do?

Go to your school/college exam office first thing in the morning, tell them what has happened and they should be able to get a scribe for you!
I have no idea why the timings are all over the place.. I think some people have it earlier than others because the center they're sitting it in may also need the exam hall for other exams later in the day? I also don't know about the time limit..

BTW any tips on how to get the paper done within the hour as it seems near impossible!!

Hey u guys if u r doin the exam earlier then everyone else please pm me the question or put it on tsr posts please

My teacher taught me, to spend literally one minute on the first three questions, and if you don't know it, to come back to it because time is wasting. Then quickly read the last two questions and see which one you prefer first, so the easier one, you can write that in like 20 minutes, and the harder one or the one you have to think most in, leave it to last so you have like half an hour left to think about it and COMPLETE it.

Remember the first three questions you can write in bullet points, and if you write more than a few lines in each, you know you went over board.

Does the Student room for sociology close for the day because some people have it at 12, while the rest have it at 1;30/ 2 oclcok is?
At 12?! :redface:
I have it at 2pm.. Isn't there any possible way the people that are sitting it at 12:00/12:30 can post questions that came up?

We're being kept in isolation with an invigilator so we can't use phones or anything
Hey u guys I have 3 exams tomorrow and there r 2 maths exams and this sociology exam and there r all on the same time
Do u think I would hav to start my exam at 12 aswell

I think u can ask one of ur teachers tht u hav this problem then should do somethink about this issue, so jus inform ur teachers this
Original post by Dancerkatie
We're being kept in isolation with an invigilator so we can't use phones or anything

Wait so AFTER your exams you guys cant go? How come?

You may be able to use a word processor (computer) and type the exam. Lots of people at my school with dyslexia etc do that. :smile:
any tips on how to structure my 24 mark essay
My teacher tld me to start the essays of first then come back to the other questions ...
Original post by neelam123h
My teacher tld me to start the essays of first then come back to the other questions ...

Intro, then either 3 in depth points or a broader 7-8 points and then conclusion
Reply 316
Right. An hour/hour and a half revision on Childhood and I'm calling it quits.

Not touched the functions of the family or family diversity at all, so if either come up - which we're predicting they won't, I'm screwed :tongue:
Tips on how to structure a 24 mark essay? I always seem to get 16/24...
Reply 318
Great, i dont even know what time my exam is. and i have c1 at the same time
Original post by Deyesy
Right. An hour/hour and a half revision on Childhood and I'm calling it quits.

Not touched the functions of the family or family diversity at all, so if either come up - which we're predicting they won't, I'm screwed :tongue:

LOOOOOL! Thats what I did as well :biggrin: For Family Diversity have so much as glanced at it. Im going to skim read functions and changing family patterns and hope to god they don;t come up

Quick Reply