The Student Room Group

HELP! Sleep or Cram?

Okay well err I didn't exactly plan out my revision properly and forgot to revise for one of my subjects. Idiot I know. So the exam is tomorrow, the question is, should I stay up late, cramming for the exam (it's a morning one) or go to bed soon and try and get a decent night? Its 40% of my AS module.

also I would be more happy about cramming tonight, only I have a history module the day after and don't want to have too much tiredness carried through! Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Cram till about 1 or 2ish then get some good sleep. Doubt youll be able to sleep knowing you havnt revised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not both!? :smile:

Sleep till 5, then cram till 8 and then go on to ace the exam. All the best!
Reply 3
Original post by kiirankapoor
Cram till about 1 or 2ish then get some good sleep. Doubt youll be able to sleep knowing you havnt revised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd be surprised...

Original post by Silent Witness
Why not both!? :smile:

Sleep till 5, then cram till 8 and then go on to ace the exam. All the best!

I may get up at 5 that's a good idea, just the thought of actually getting up at 5! thanks :smile:
Original post by Seble
You'd be surprised...

I may get up at 5 that's a good idea, just the thought of actually getting up at 5! thanks :smile:

No problem! Now go to sleep and have a banana at breakfast :biggrin:
No problem! Now go to sleep and have a banana at breakfast :biggrin:

Do bananas actually help? So many people have been saying bananas..myth or do they actually work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Seble
Okay well err I didn't exactly plan out my revision properly and forgot to revise for one of my subjects. Idiot I know. So the exam is tomorrow, the question is, should I stay up late, cramming for the exam (it's a morning one) or go to bed soon and try and get a decent night? Its 40% of my AS module.

also I would be more happy about cramming tonight, only I have a history module the day after and don't want to have too much tiredness carried through! Any suggestions?

Cram till 2 then go to bed that way you will still get about 80% of your recommended sleep,DON'T DO AN ALL NIGHTER you will struggle to concentrate in the exam and you will end up making loads of silly mistakes...good luck with the exam :smile:
Reply 7
Do bananas actually help? So many people have been saying bananas..myth or do they actually work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bananas contain vitamin B6 which improves your memory and amino acids which help to put you in a good mood so yeh they do actually help! Have one for breakfast tommorow
Magnesium in the bananas that you eat can also feel less stressed and worried. The magnesium will also help get rid of chemical waste in your body, which will allow you to focus more. Magnesium also helps your body convert fatty acids into DHA. DHA is a substance found in your brain cells.
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, combine it with a bottle of water - I certainly think it works. Brain food after all :smile:
Reply 9
Well, combine it with a bottle of water - I certainly think it works. Brain food after all :smile:

The vitamin B-6 in the bananas that you eat have been shown to boost your memory.Magnesium in the bananas that you eat can also make you feel less stressed and worried. The magnesium will also help get rid of chemical waste in your body, which will allow you to focus more. Magnesium also helps your body convert fatty acids into DHA. DHA is a substance found in your brain cells. :smile:
Reply 10
Well it's a good thing I usually have kiwi and bananana every morning :wink:
As for cramming I'm now at a crossroads. If I stay up it won't be till past 2, but what's better going to bed now and getting up early or staying up now and getting up later?
Original post by Science97
Bananas contain vitamin B6 which improves your memory and amino acids which help to put you in a good mood so yeh they do actually help! Have one for breakfast tommorow
Magnesium in the bananas that you eat can also feel less stressed and worried. The magnesium will also help get rid of chemical waste in your body, which will allow you to focus more. Magnesium also helps your body convert fatty acids into DHA. DHA is a substance found in your brain cells.

Wow thanks. First thing tommorrow: go buy bananas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Seble
As for cramming I'm now at a crossroads. If I stay up it won't be till past 2, but what's better going to bed now and getting up early or staying up now and getting up later?

Depends how tired you feel. If youre tired then sleep cos revising will not help, nothing will sink in and youll just be wasting your time. If youre not so tired, then revise now and sleep later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Seble

You will be able to do better in the exam if you get up early as you will feel more alert and awake but if you've still got loads to learn then it may be better just going to bed later just remember to set your alarm ! Good luck and I have a bannana for breakfast every day and a kiwi in the evenings I have weetabix when I come back from school as I can't eat them in the mornings as I feel like throwing up for some reason !!
Reply 14
Wow thanks. First thing tommorrow: go buy bananas

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tend to do well in exams and I'm good at remembering things and I have a banana every day for breakfast so I'm sure that must help ! A banana a day keeps exam stress away !
I tend to do well in exams and I'm good at remembering things and I have a banana every day for breakfast so I'm sure that must help ! A banana a day keeps exam stress away !

Aha thanks. Going to try that hopefully it will help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Depends how tired you feel. If youre tired then sleep cos revising will not help, nothing will sink in and youll just be wasting your time. If youre not so tired, then revise now and sleep later

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks ill stay till 12 then get up early :smile:

You will be able to do better in the exam if you get up early as you will feel more alert and awake but if you've still got loads to learn then it may be better just going to bed later just remember to set your alarm ! Good luck and I have a bannana for breakfast every day and a kiwi in the evenings I have weetabix when I come back from school as I can't eat them in the mornings as I feel like throwing up for some reason !!

Ha same it's so weird, I can't have cereal in the morning. I remember being on holiday once up really early for an excursion and all the different breakfast smells, blerghhhhh. But fruit is always good :smile:
Reply 17
Aha thanks. Going to try that hopefully it will help

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would recommend having some porridge as well for breakfast and making sure you have your five a day
Reply 18
Original post by Seble
Thanks ill stay till 12 then get up early :smile:

Ha same it's so weird, I can't have cereal in the morning. I remember being on holiday once up really early for an excursion and all the different breakfast smells, blerghhhhh. But fruit is always good :smile:

Im not the only one then who cant eat cereal in the mornings then haha I can't get enough of fruit! On a typical day I have a banana,pineapple slices,raisons,apple juice,orange juice,and a kiwi fruit and maybe a tomato !
Reply 19
Let me know how the exam goes tommorow !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending