expand (1+ 3/x^2) ^2

expand (x 3/2 -1)^2

please help me asap omg explain in detail : (
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Integer
expand (1+ 3/x^2) ^2

expand (x 3/2 -1)^2

please help me asap omg explain in detail : (

For the first one, you could try putting in y=3x2y=\frac{3}{x^2}, expanding (1+y)2(1+y)^2 and then putting 3x2\frac{3}{x^2} back in at the end. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the last one. Is it (x321)2(x^\frac{3}{2}-1)^2?
Reply 282
Original post by DJMayes
Sounds like you'll definitely be re-applying then; I can't see you not getting said grades.

Well, I'm not confident with economics as its painfully boring - depresses me revising it. Also, I went and screwed up my physics practical last week, (which is 78/300 of my marks this year) so hopefully I haven't lost the star there.
Original post by CD315
Well, I'm not confident with economics as its painfully boring - depresses me revising it. Also, I went and screwed up my physics practical last week, (which is 78/300 of my marks this year) so hopefully I haven't lost the star there.

Why, what have you got in each bit of Physics so far? I'm on a different exam board so not 100% sure of your modular breakdown.
Original post by Robbie242
#forever not a mod

are you ready?:colone:
Reply 285
Original post by DJMayes
Why, what have you got in each bit of Physics so far? I'm on a different exam board so not 100% sure of your modular breakdown.

The 2 exams carry 111 UMS with the practical having 78. I have 109 so far and need 270 (obviously).
Reply 286
Original post by upthegunners
are you ready?:colone:

yh, I make silly mistakes in past papers but in the exam it should be good, gonna get some sleep now cya
Original post by Robbie242
yh, I make silly mistakes in past papers but in the exam it should be good, gonna get some sleep now cya

good luck robbie!

your hard work will pay off. you deserve it and therefore you will get the grade you are looking!

good night my friend :smile:
Original post by CD315
The 2 exams carry 111 UMS with the practical having 78. I have 109 so far and need 270 (obviously).

Several of my friends do CCEA ASPhysics and say it's really easy..

I do OCR Physics B, it's quite hard. I was the only grade A in my class out of 18 people last Jan :s-smilie:
Reply 289

I do OCR Physics B, it's quite hard. I was the only grade A in my class out of 18 people last Jan :s-smilie:

The first module's easy, the second is conceptually difficult at first but the exam isn't too bad. I got full marks in both exams (only in school to do so :tongue:). I was the only person to get an A in January's A2 there as well.
Original post by Zoeyyy
could someone brief me on finding the area in coordinate geometry , how exactly do u use 1/2 *base*height?

what do you mean how do you use it?

Stick numbers in it
Reply 291

I do OCR B its an absolute joke! all the questions have crazy answers! you doing A2 this year?
Original post by CD315
The first module's easy, the second is conceptually difficult at first but the exam isn't too bad. I got full marks in both exams (only in school to do so :tongue:). I was the only person to get an A in January's A2 there as well.

Damnn, did you get 300 in AS Physics overall? :tongue:
Reply 293
Original post by CD315

What is your secret! best way to prepare?! Well done man :smile:
Reply 294
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Damnn, did you get 300 in AS Physics overall? :tongue:

No - I lost 2 raw marks in the practical which lost me 11 UMS :frown:

Original post by Mathletic
What is your secret! best way to prepare?! Well done man :smile:

Learn every little detail like the back of your hand and do all past papers :smile:
Original post by CD315

Learn every little detail like the back of your hand and do all past papers :smile:

yea, definately a big well done mate

physics would be a harder subject to get top marks in too i only fot 83/90 UMS in my first module :frown:
Original post by CD315

Wow that's harsh! I would've retook
Original post by Mathletic
I do OCR B its an absolute joke! all the questions have crazy answers! you doing A2 this year?

I like the course. It's very rigourous and demands a high level of understanding, really seperates the real men from the little rote learners :smile:

Nope, AS this year, have g492 in june but yes, i'll be doing A2 physics, it is the daddy of all alevels:colone:
Who needs sleep before these exams, lol I'm actually going up now after filling out an incredibly long scholarship form. :tongue:
Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Who needs sleep before these exams, lol I'm actually going up now after filling out an incredibly long scholarship form. :tongue:
Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When the papers out I'm gonna have a go to see what Edexcel throws out this time :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending