The Student Room Group

how to control drink?

Hi guys,

I have been wondering, lately, how can i become tipsy but not Drunk drunk...if you get what i mean. Every time, i go out for drink up's, i always end up becoming really drunk and doing stuff i don't even remember doing. Personally, i would like to start leaving drink up's at least tipsy-ish. I want to be able to have a lil alcohol and still remain kinda conscious and not end up doing stuff i will really regret. Any ideas? At my friends drink up's, we usually just have a a 1 litre bottle of vodka (or sometimes another 1 litre bottle) and prob a 1litre bottle of coke to share between 4 or 5 of us (Yeah, we're students haha) . And obviously, we play drinking games.

Thanks!!
Reply 1
You get battered to the point you can't remember anything on a 1/5 of a bottle of vodka...? Wow. If that gets you to black out a bacardi breezer should get you nicely tipsy.
Reply 2
It's pretty simple, figure out what get's you tipsy, and remember that.

Me, I know that 7-8 beers get's me to the point of having a good time whilst being in full control, 3-4 more in an hour or so will have me decently drunk, keep going at that pace and I'll be slaughtered in another hour or so.

Just spend one night figuring out your limits, and stick to them. If you're drinking spirits and mixers use a shot glass to measure your spirits out so you know how much you are drinking, especially if you can't drink much and aren't good at eyeing it.
Reply 3
Original post by Steevee
It's pretty simple, figure out what get's you tipsy, and remember that.

Me, I know that 7-8 beers get's me to the point of having a good time whilst being in full control, 3-4 more in an hour or so will have me decently drunk, keep going at that pace and I'll be slaughtered in another hour or so.

Just spend one night figuring out your limits, and stick to them. If you're drinking spirits and mixers use a shot glass to measure your spirits out so you know how much you are drinking, especially if you can't drink much and aren't good at eyeing it.

Yeah, that's all i want to figure out. How much exactly get's me tipsy. When we usually pour our mixes, there's obviously a high percentage of vodka and very little coke. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan tbh. I think we are going out on wednesday so then, i will experiment and carefully take note of how much exactly i think should be my limit.
Reply 4
Have some self control...
Reply 5
Stop when you can no longer feel your face.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, that's all i want to figure out. How much exactly get's me tipsy. When we usually pour our mixes, there's obviously a high percentage of vodka and very little coke. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan tbh. I think we are going out on wednesday so then, i will experiment and carefully take note of how much exactly i think should be my limit.

Honestly, if you're drinking 200ml or so of Vodka and it's getting you awfully messy, I'd stick to pouring yourself singles and see how you feel after 4, that'll be about half of what apparently turned you into a bit of a mess. If you feel fine, have another one or two drinks, but don't have more than two in say, half an hour, so you can let that next lot of alcohol hit you and don't fall into the trap of drinking too quickly.
it basically sounds like you don't know the point at which you become drunk if anything you have a very low tolerance and probably take less spirits drink more beer and cider instead.
Reply 8
Original post by Steevee
Honestly, if you're drinking 200ml or so of Vodka and it's getting you awfully messy, I'd stick to pouring yourself singles and see how you feel after 4, that'll be about half of what apparently turned you into a bit of a mess. If you feel fine, have another one or two drinks, but don't have more than two in say, half an hour, so you can let that next lot of alcohol hit you and don't fall into the trap of drinking too quickly.

Yeah, i think i will experiment tonight with 4 and see what the results are with just 4 singles. Yeah, that's my problem. I would usually take the singles, literally straight after another. No like break. Going to start taking breaks :smile:
Reply 9
Dont play drinking games? Haha... I guess learning self-control and being interested in your own self-dignity is a good start. If you keep at the forefront of your mind that you don't want to lose control then you almost certainly won't. Stay classy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending