The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
What do you think the UMS conversion will be for raw marks on the ISA? Is it true that the A* boundary on the ISA is 39/50 raw marks? :confused:
does anyone have an idea of what the grade boundaries may be for all of the units? I'm doing all of the modules this summer because our school doesn't let us do modular :/
Do we need to know about heart valves?
Just wondering any tips on exam technique ?

Is it possible to get 91 ums/95 ums and 99 ums ?

Roughly, what would be the them ums in terms of marks
around the reigion of 47 being 91UMS, 95UMS around 52 and 99 UMS being 57 :s-smilie:

However, i will have a better idea once the exam has been sat
Once the exams have been sat, we need a poll with 'hard', 'easy', 'okay' etc to try to rate the difficulty of the exam, like the we did for the January ones (I think).
Original post by grammar12
The old spec papers are also really useful to use, these can be found on the old spec site for past papers on AQA. The only thing you need to be careful about is what is in the spec, for example you dont need to answer questions on space for p3! Love this thread though, how and when are you guys going to start revising?

Can I just wish you luck for your exams this week I hope you get the grades you deserve I haven't got my science exams till June so I feel for you guys who have them in may try your best and don't let the stress of the exam hall get to you ! :smile:
Original post by Hazwaz7
Once the exams have been sat, we need a poll with 'hard', 'easy', 'okay' etc to try to rate the difficulty of the exam, like the we did for the January ones (I think).

Can I just wish you luck for your exams I don't have any science exams till may so i feel for you guys who have them in may try your best and hopefully you get the grades you deserve,let me know how they go!! A/A* here you come...!
Original post by Captain Anonymous
around the reigion of 47 being 91UMS, 95UMS around 52 and 99 UMS being 57 :s-smilie:

However, i will have a better idea once the exam has been sat

WOAH those are high grade boundaries I only needed 45 to get 90 ums in my P1 exam in January ... I hope they don't raise the grade boundaries loads for my C1 and B1 exams otherwise I'm never going to get my A* in core that I so badly need !!
cheers! :smile:

Can I just wish you luck with your exams this week I don't have any science exams till June so I feel for you guys who have them in may,try your absolute hardest and reader there's no reason why you can't get A and A* 's come on you can do it !!! Let me know how the exams go :smile:
Original post by Science97
Can I just wish you luck for your exams I don't have any science exams till may so i feel for you guys who have them in may try your best and hopefully you get the grades you deserve,let me know how they go!! A/A* here you come...!

Thank you very much! I'm sure your exams will go fantastically well, too :biggrin:
Original post by Hazwaz7
Thank you very much! I'm sure your exams will go fantastically well, too :biggrin:

Thanks I have a Re one this Friday and two science ones in June and two film studies ones ! :smile:
Potential 6 makers for B3 and B2 exam tomorrow?
Reply 1513
For the b3 exam I think a six marker would probably be either effects of humans on the environment, stents, how to maximise food production or the kidneys(functions or dialysis vs treatment). Some of that was in the specimen paper though so they might pick out something like artificial ventilators or biogas generators which would be horrible!!
(edited 10 years ago)
If I retook a module in science and got lower, would they keep the better result or not ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinkgorilla
If I retook a module in science and got lower, would they keep the better result or not ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, they would take the higher mark :smile:
Original post by Hazwaz7
Yes, they would take the higher mark :smile:

Alright thanks :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1517
Chemistry unit 1 - 100 UMS (a*)
Chemistry unit 2 - 91UMS (a*)
Chemistry ISA - 100 UMS (a*)

why negative rep? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

woah nice scores, I am doing c3 next monday, what advice can you give since you are doing well on your chemistry exams? I am a B student in Chemistry
urm, my advise would be to revise from the AQA textbook, cgp textbook and do as many past papers as you can :wink:
Original post by Science97
Can I just wish you luck with your exams this week I don't have any science exams till June so I feel for you guys who have them in may,try your absolute hardest and reader there's no reason why you can't get A and A* 's come on you can do it !!! Let me know how the exams go :smile:

Aww thanks, will do :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending