The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Uni - Firmed Offers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bobbyhernandez
Here you go! It was less than £4!

I travelled alone and spent two weeks in Glasgow, London, and Amsterdam back in March, but loved Glasgow the most. I'm from a small Midwestern town in the States and everything about Glasgow was comforting yet something that I knew would challenge me for the better, both by being abroad but also for being the first true city for me to live in. Seeing the nightlife, meeting (and making!) friends, and feeling completely empowered there was an awesome feeling. They are definitely right when they say Glaswegians are incredibly friendly!

It all just made sense when I found the university and the fact that it offers an extremely perfect course. I didn't go abroad during my undergraduate studies (because I was naive and scared) but now is the time to fix that with my masters work. I think I will come back a greater person.

Sorry for the mini-thesis!

Traveling alone is a wonderful thing! It really does challenge you and teach you a lot about yourself :smile: Good on you for taking the brave decision to move here for your masters, the scariest things we do are often the most rewarding! I also travelled alone a few years ago, for around nine months and had the best time, had some really great
experiences.
Definitely agree that Glaswegians are really friendly - us Londoners are a miserable bunch in comparison!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by DmDm234
Thought I'd make this thread for all of us who have firmed an offer from Glasgow University and will be starting as freshers in September:smile:

Equality and Human Rights :biggrin: :smile:
Original post by luciaandrade
Equality and Human Rights :biggrin: :smile:

That's the program I am studying next fall! OH MY GOSH.
That's the program I am studying next fall! OH MY GOSH.

awesome!!!!! where will you stay?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by luciaandrade
awesome!!!!! where will you stay?

I should have been more clear! I will be there in fall of 2014 :frown:

Maybe I can speak to you during the year to hear about the course? I plan to move to Glasgow early for the course so maybe I'll see you then!
I should have been more clear! I will be there in fall of 2014 :frown:

Maybe I can speak to you during the year to hear about the course? I plan to move to Glasgow early for the course so maybe I'll see you then!

:biggrin: of course :biggrin:
Reply 126
Just firmed an offer for mathematics. Anyone else in the same boat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
Original post by TK95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing maths too! Are you staying a home or are you moving to Glasgow?? :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by Swizzel
Im doing maths too! Are you staying a home or are you moving to Glasgow?? :smile:

I'm from England so will definitely be moving to Glasgow haha! Wbu? Are u local there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Original post by TK95
I'm from England so will definitely be moving to Glasgow haha! Wbu? Are u local there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im staying at home! I live about half an hour away from the uni!!
Reply 130
Original post by TK95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meeeeee :biggrin: I cannot wait to start!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TK95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me!! Actually so excited. I'm local to Glasgow, but moving out anyways! :smile:
Just accepted an offer to study French & Spanish? Anyone else? :smile:
I wanted to study in Edinburgh but they rejected me so I firmed neuroscience in Glasgow, hope I won't regret it:wink:
Original post by PurpleSupernova
I wanted to study in Edinburgh but they rejected me so I firmed neuroscience in Glasgow, hope I won't regret it:wink:

That happened to me last year, looking back now I'm so glad I ended up at Glasgow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Original post by PurpleSupernova

I had to choose between Edinburgh and Glasgow and here I am having chosen Glasgow. Really looking forward to starting in September!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pajeee
I've firmed my place for Psychology and put Murano Street as my first choice for accommodation.

I live in England though, 350miles away from Glasgow so pretty nervous!

Hey, I'm from south of England so its probably a similar distance to Glasgow for me too! You looking forward to it?
Where is everyone staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tiggyblyth
Where is everyone staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be at Winton, my first choice was Queen Margaret but I didn't get it. I'm 'old' (23) so originally wanted to rent with someone, but as I'm moving from London on my own I figured I'd just do halls for first year to get to know people!
Reply 139
I haven't got my accommodation yet...I applied in mid-april...has everyone got theirs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending