The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bananarama2
My favourite prime is 1.

*waits for the wrath of the mathmos*

I already made a joke about someone saying 1. Better luck next time. :tongue:
Speaking of primes...

We did a 'pub quiz' in registration on Friday:

"2, 3, 5, 7, 11" - what's the next number?

A boy doing Engineering at Imperial next year: "I don't know." I asked him "do you recognise the sequence?". Him: "No.. :s-smilie:"

I then asked about 4-5 other people during the next lesson... they all suggested either 15 or 19... when I told them "primes?" one of them said "really?? I haven't learnt those lol".

I was talking about a film to someone else, and said the number "303432" to which that ^ guy said "is that the next number then?"

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I find it amazing how many negs I've had for the opening post on this thread; what the hell, man, its just an offer holders thread?! I don't get what is so offensive/negative about that?! People be cray :confused:
Original post by DJMayes
I already made a joke about someone saying 1. Better luck next time. :tongue:

:l
Reply 2504
Original post by hogwartian1993
I find it amazing how many negs I've had for the opening post on this thread;
People be cray

I know, I pos'd it before for that reason. (Otherwise I'd have just left it.. :/)

Maybe they jelly?
Original post by FO12DY
I know, I pos'd it before for that reason. (Otherwise I'd have just left it.. :/)

Maybe they jelly?

There's jealousy and theres actually disliking someone's success... I dunno, maybe its because I can be jealous but acknowledge someone's achievement respect them in a positive way, rather than disliking them!

So strange it actually angers people :tongue: :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh and thanks to everyone that pos'd it! Thats very lovely.
Original post by Lord of the Flies
That's girl talk, the most awesome prime is 163.

My favourite prime is 1.

My favourite natural number is 0. :wink:
My favourite prime is 1.

You dare?
Original post by mischief-managed
awesome! can't wait to get started on the course- cambridge has a much more sciency vet course than all the other vet schools and that put a load of people off but i'm really looking forward to it! which accommodation have you applied for at pembroke? :smile:

Yeah I love that aspect as well! It'll be so good.
I applied for the most expensive bracket- purely because I wanted to avoid the risk of being put in accommodation with no central heating or sink! What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2510
Original post by ukdragon37
My favourite natural number is 0. :wink:

0's lame. Mine's \infty..
Original post by FO12DY
0's lame. Mine's \infty..

The problem is that yours isn't a natural number, whereas mine is :tongue:
Reply 2512
The problem is that yours isn't a natural number, whereas mine is :tongue:

That's very debatable...
Original post by FO12DY
That's very debatable...

There is no debate if you are a set theorist, logician, or computer scientist :tongue:
Reply 2514
Please tell me there are some future lawyers here who have no idea what the math and science students are on about! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is no debate if you are a set theorist, logician, or computer scientist :tongue:

And if you are an engineer/physicist who gives a damn?
And if you are an engineer/physicist who gives a damn?

Then you should still be persuaded that the naturals defined to include 0 is a much nicer convention than the one that doesn't :tongue:
Then you should still be persuaded that the naturals defined to include 0 is a much nicer convention than the one that doesn't :tongue:

That's how we do it in France
:smokin:
For a reapplicant, is it better to sit mechanics and not get an A (get a B or a C - below asking offer) and then give a reason for failing it to the admissions officers (i.e I left it to late to self-teach it) or not do it at all this year and do it during my gap year next year?
Original post by I am Ace
...(i.e I left it to late to self-teach it)

That's a terrible excuse. Doesn't it just communicate a lack of organisation?

Latest

Trending

Trending