The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rascacielos
Where did you watch it?

The question on everyone's lips!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1001
Original post by Harrow.7
x

Guys, please keep all spoilers relating to the final episode out of this thread!

Post that you've got something you can PM to anyone interested, but don't post it. Or if you can't, then at least make it clear that your post contains info about the actual episode. :sad:
Original post by Aula
Guys, please keep all spoilers relating to the final episode out of this thread!

Post that you've got something you can PM to anyone interested, but don't post it. Or if you can't, then at least make it clear that your post contains info about the actual episode. :sad:

I agree. :angry:
Reply 1003
I'm working all weekend and won't be able to watch it till Monday..
I can't wait that long!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Just a reminder that the TSR rules prohibit condoning and encouraging illegal activity - this includes asking for links to illegal streams and downloads.
Reply 1005
Original post by fluteflute
Just a reminder that the TSR rules prohibit condoning and encouraging illegal activity - this includes asking for links to illegal streams and downloads.

Whoops. Didnt know this - will amend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1006
Original post by whitesky
Whoops. Didnt know this - will amend!

Just guessing what you asked for, but here's where I normally go for super illegal BBC stuff.
I know the basic plot outline for the finale if people want to know. I haven't seen it myself so can't confirm, but it's pieced together from a few sources and seems to be broadly correct. PM me if you want to know. But please note that I haven't watched it and I don't know where you can find it online so don't bother asking me that :p:
Original post by Hopple
Just guessing what you asked for, but here's where I normally go for super illegal BBC stuff.

:eek: That's super illegal, you rebel :eek:
If it was a publicity stunt then they should of leaked it to the loyal Brits first. :colonhash:
Digital Spy.com reports, “it emerged earlier today (May 12) that fans who had pre-ordered the boxset in the US had received the Blu-ray before the final two episodes of the current series had been transmitted.” The internet is full of spoilers and illegal torrents of the finale.

Bull****. :colonhash:

The Doctor Who Wikipedia page was also affected so I would suggest avoiding it for the time being.

I would also add that you stay away from any Doctor Who related hashtags on Twitter etc if you want to try and stay spoiler free.

http://whatculture.com/tv/doctor-who-the-name-of-the-doctor-leaked-online-early.php
Going back to a (much) earlier debate about carelessness in this series with languages not translating, like in the Rings of Akhetan. The Judoon never translated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llb4_dSUvIs&feature=endscreen

(And just as an aside, the way he says "Ma ho" at the end of that clip makes me cry with laughter...)
Review from Radio Times of the finale - no spoilers (at least, nothing major):
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-05-13/doctor-who-the-name-of-the-doctor-preview-fans-will-think-the-anniversary-has-come-early

Original post by Feefifofum
Going back to a (much) earlier debate about carelessness in this series with languages not translating, like in the Rings of Akhetan. The Judoon never translated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llb4_dSUvIs&feature=endscreen

(And just as an aside, the way he says "Ma ho" at the end of that clip makes me cry with laughter...)

Oh God, me too.:')

On the translation point, I can let it go - you wouldn't get hilarious scenes like that one otherwise!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1013
I really really really don't want to read any spoilers. I've blacklisted any possible spoiler tags on tumblr. I doubt it was a publicity stunt, because:
1.The beebs are always really careful about **** like this, so why should this series be any different
2. If they leaked it on purpose why in the US? Surely they would do it in the UK
3.They don't really need any publicity do they, it's not like they would gain any new fans with a stunt like this
Original post by Aula

Original post by Rascacielos
I agree. :angry:

Someone said:

Spoiler

which made me think back to

Spoiler

which means

Spoiler

Now I'm staying out of this thread and the internet until I watch the actual episode!
Image released by BBC America (definitely counts as a spoiler)

Spoiler

Lots of interesting promo pics for the finale out this morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I spoiled it for myself, and you guys are so in for a treat on saturday :smile:
Original post by Serentonin
I spoiled it for myself, and you guys are so in for a treat on saturday :smile:

Argh, stop it! I feel like a 5 year old child on 24th December.
Reply 1019
The anticipation is draining me.

Quick Reply

Latest