The Student Room Group

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Dezza1994
do i get marks if i put 4.8 and 45 ?

I was going to put that at first, yeah I'm sure they would, as long as you put the currency in front of it and 'bn' at the end of it.
I just looked at the actual figures of gdp/capita for the two countries, and the correct answers were infact 4,800 & 45,000 (or there abouts)

Source: http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Asia/Japan/gdp-per-capita
Reply 482
Original post by lisa96
Since wages are one of firm's cost of production so as wages were rising, so would cost-push inflation as agg supply would shift to the left

oh yes of course!:banghead:
Reply 483
What did everyone put for the reasons why consumer spending was low??

I put:
-low confidence
-high interest rates
-high income taxes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 484
Original post by manchesterunited15
The first question, leakages: savings, taxes, spending in the informal economy (ie drugs) 3 marks? what did everyone put?

I put saving, taxes and spending on imports

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 485
Original post by 026neesh

I put:
-low confidence
-high interest rates
-high income taxes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put:
low consumer confidence
high rate of interest
low level of real disposable income
I don't want to worry you, but it doesn't mention high income tax as influence on consumer expenditure in the OCR book, but I'm sure its right anyway though :smile:
Reply 486
Original post by lisa96
I need to start revising for the F581 resit now. Is anyone else doing it?

I am and it's on the same day as my s1 exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put:
-low confidence
-high interest rates
-high income taxes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said:
- high interest rates
- low disposeable income
- expectations of future events

I put:
-low confidence
-high interest rates
-high income taxes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't relate it to the case study at all.

I got:
- Low consumer confidence
- High interest rates
- Unemployment

Thinking about it, unemployment and low consumer confidence were too similar to use together. Oh well.
Reply 489
Guys do u remember all the calculation u did for investment? I feel like I got different answer. Cus 35% of real GDP = something they mentioned, so we need to calculation the AD first then 40% of it, right? Or what I wrote is incorrect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by May-o2q
Guys do u remember all the calculation u did for investment? I feel like I got different answer. Cus 35% of real GDP = something they mentioned, so we need to calculation the AD first then 40% of it, right? Or what I wrote is incorrect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

China's GDP x 0.4
Original post by May-o2q

Posted from TSR Mobile

35% was the percentage of GDP made up by consumption; the 40% was the percentage of the GDP made up by investment, which is what it was asking for.
Reply 492
Original post by LaurenceWylie
35% was the percentage of GDP made up by consumption; the 40% was the percentage of the GDP made up by investment, which is what it was asking for.

I got this question wrong then :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 493
Do u know how many marks for it? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 494
Original post by May-o2q

Posted from TSR Mobile

Investment was 40% they mentioned, so wasn't it just 40% of the real GDP?
Original post by lisa96
I need to start revising for the F581 resit now. Is anyone else doing it?

I'll be doing the resit!

Any idea as to what will come up?:confused:
Reply 496
Original post by Nerd2
I put:
low consumer confidence
high rate of interest
low level of real disposable income
I don't want to worry you, but it doesn't mention high income tax as influence on consumer expenditure in the OCR book, but I'm sure its right anyway though :smile:

high income tax is one mark then leads to low levels of real disposable income meaning less money to spend is probably second mark
Original post by bad_moose
The main paper was fine (bar the first question which I struggled with) but the last question totally kicked my arse, had a complete mental block and forgot what economics even meant. Very angry with myself.

I did exactly the same, the 18 mark question was a bummer, really upset now:banghead:
Reply 498
Original post by Nerd2
Investment was 40% they mentioned, so wasn't it just 40% of the real GDP?

I'm really not sure, cus I was thinking about the Investment in AD component.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you sure the 3 questions on why consumer spending was low had to be related? I'm sure I read the question and they weren't? (hopefully :|)

I got high interest rates, low real disposable income and high indirect taxes such as VAT, so if they had to relate I already know I've dropped a mark :|

for Q1 the three leakages are taxes, imports and savings as someone above said..
And for the investment question, the answer was 40% or somewhere around like 2500 billion, though I think they wanted the figure, as simply 40% is a pretty easy 2 marker..

Also, what did people put for the 18 marker, the wording threw me for a while..!?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending