The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra - no reply after 21 days

It's been nearly 21 days and I've still not received a reply.

I applied for a different degree to what my PS covers.

Would I be best to offer to send them an updated PS that covers what I've applied for, or just write it off as a rejection and apply elsewhere?
Original post by TobaccoSmoke
It's been nearly 21 days and I've still not received a reply.

I applied for a different degree to what my PS covers.

Would I be best to offer to send them an updated PS that covers what I've applied for, or just write it off as a rejection and apply elsewhere?

Did you contact the university before applying?
I don't think you can apply elsewhere until they give you a decision.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
Did you contact the university before applying?
I don't think you can apply elsewhere until they give you a decision.

I didn't contact them before applying.

I read that after 21 days, you can cancel the choice and add another one.
I didn't contact them before applying.

I read that after 21 days, you can cancel the choice and add another one.

Ah OK.

When applying through Extra you're supposed to contact them before applying to see if they are still accepting applications, and to see if they need anything else.

You might as well apply elsewhere - but contact them first!
Reply 4
I already have a PS for this course because it is what I originally wanted to apply for before changing my mind and applying to something else.

Can I just send them the PS straight away, or would it be best to ask them if they want an updated PS before sending it?
I already have a PS for this course because it is what I originally wanted to apply for before changing my mind and applying to something else.

Can I just send them the PS straight away, or would it be best to ask them if they want an updated PS before sending it?

You need to contact a university to ask if they're still accepting applications for the course you're interested in, as UCAS website isn't updated often by universities.

If they say yes, ask if they'll consider you, and explain that it's totally different to your PS on your UCAS application and ask if they want another one sent to them. Sometimes they don't want/need one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending