The Student Room Group

I have changed my mind about my course

I am set to do a course at coventry for English and journalism but now I've changed my mind. I'm unsure what I want to do.
I was thinking of an NHs course but I have no science a levels (I don't want to do nursing)
I just don't have a proper interest I'm any course.
Reply 1
If I were you I'd contact my Uni and retract your place and take a year out doing part time work tod decide what you want to do.
With the cost of Uni currently the last thing you wanna do is pay £9,000 a year for a course you're not too in to and want to swap later on. Take some time out to thing long and hard about what you want to do with your life.
Original post by avee
I am set to do a course at coventry for English and journalism but now I've changed my mind. I'm unsure what I want to do.
I was thinking of an NHs course but I have no science a levels (I don't want to do nursing)
I just don't have a proper interest I'm any course.

If I were you I'd do as the other poster has suggested and take some time out of education like a gap year to work and explore other options.

If you start your degree in September, and realise in your second year what you really want to do, you'd have to self fund part of a new course. Don't do a degree simply because you've been accepted.

I'm 25 and starting university in September, so it isn't too late for you just yet :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Knalchemist
If I were you I'd do as the other poster has suggested and take some time out of education like a gap year to work and explore other options.

If you start your degree in September, and realise in your second year what you really want to do, you'd have to self fund part of a new course. Don't do a degree simply because you've been accepted.

I'm 25 and starting university in September, so it isn't too late for you just yet :smile:

Original post by Nath1194
If I were you I'd contact my Uni and retract your place and take a year out doing part time work tod decide what you want to do.
With the cost of Uni currently the last thing you wanna do is pay £9,000 a year for a course you're not too in to and want to swap later on. Take some time out to thing long and hard about what you want to do with your life.

I'm currently on a year out and working! I deferred my place because I was unsure and even now I don't know what I want to do!
Apart of me wants to do healthcare but not nursing...another part wants to own a business but don't know what.
Stressing
Original post by avee
I'm currently on a year out and working! I deferred my place because I was unsure and even now I don't know what I want to do!
Apart of me wants to do healthcare but not nursing...another part wants to own a business but don't know what.
Stressing

Take another year out. Do some volunteering. The problem with people on gap years is most only work... they don't do anything else to even try and broaden their hobbies etc.

You can do a subject that you're interested in, such as english, history or whatever, that'll open up doors to graduate jobs in management, business, finance, HR, etc.
Take another year out. Do some volunteering. The problem with people on gap years is most only work... they don't do anything else to even try and broaden their hobbies etc. <BR><BR>You can do a subject that you're interested in, such as english, history or whatever, that'll open up doors to graduate jobs in management, business, finance, HR, etc.
<BR><BR>Sound advice. As Del Boy said "You know it makes sense"
Reply 6
Starting a business is hard and can lead to fortunes or debts that can make or break you. A risk you'll have to take if that's what you want. But often it's also who you know, not what you know.
Reply 7
Take another year out. Do some volunteering. The problem with people on gap years is most only work... they don't do anything else to even try and broaden their hobbies etc.

You can do a subject that you're interested in, such as english, history or whatever, that'll open up doors to graduate jobs in management, business, finance, HR, etc.

Original post by sallybriscoe
<BR><BR>Sound advice. As Del Boy said "You know it makes sense"

Original post by Nath1194
Starting a business is hard and can lead to fortunes or debts that can make or break you. A risk you'll have to take if that's what you want. But often it's also who you know, not what you know.

I was thinking of dental nursing but I'm unsure. There's nothing I'm certain I wanna do
Reply 8
Have a look in to what you need to enter at which educational institutions around your area then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending