The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I've made it to my desk now. I guess it's just a case of head down and powering through :frown:

do you need internet for it? if not, you could try and do what i do - i switch it off and then every 100 words or so i switch it back on, have a browse for ten minutes, then switch it off and do another 100 words.

it means i spend more time browsing than i do working, but it also means it's not very daunting and i actually end up doing marginally more in the same space of time - if i tried to do it all in one go, i'd just get intimidated and not start it at all.
Suddenly feel like I'm falling apart :cry:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Suddenly feel like I'm falling apart :cry:

Has something happened?
Original post by HmMusic
Well done and good luck! Baby is kicking like crazy. It is quite uncomfortable.

I'm currently sat having lunch at uni, on the verge of tears because of all the work they are making me do. My tutor has had to disappear somewhere so we are in charge of ourselves, and they are all saying I need to be the one to Sig this song. I just want to go home and sleep. I can't because I am the only person who can sing it.

There is no one to talk to. I feel very distanced from everyone, like I'm walking around in a state of half-sleep. I hate that people keep pissing about and aren't on target on the project, and I'm the only person with any sense. I don't want to be in charge. I feel ill. Just feel like walking out and going home and never coming back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for telling them you needed to leave. Your health and sanity are much more important than anything else at the moment. Take care of you and your baby and leave everyone to worry about everything else. *hugs*

Original post by rmhumphries
You can do it. I have faith in you :smile:

*sniffles* Really struggling with the physics engine but I'm crawling towards something that at least works. I'll spend today fighting with it and then hunt down my second supervisor tomorrow to ask questions.

How's your dissertation doing? I saw that a lot of you guys were pulling all nighters.

:hugs: you're a lot close to getting it done than earlier :smile: one step at a time :smile: :smile: you can do it :smile:

Thanks. That's how I'm working at the moment. Bit by bit. I think I've been looking at the whole thing instead of the little bits so it's been too overwhelming.

Original post by Team_McDreamy
do you need internet for it? if not, you could try and do what i do - i switch it off and then every 100 words or so i switch it back on, have a browse for ten minutes, then switch it off and do another 100 words.

it means i spend more time browsing than i do working, but it also means it's not very daunting and i actually end up doing marginally more in the same space of time - if i tried to do it all in one go, i'd just get intimidated and not start it at all.

I'm working mostly offline now. The only problem is that I need to pop back to get advice every so often because it's all programming. I was getting a little scared when I looked at full working projects and I'm not anywhere approaching their knowledge and I freak out :frown:
atleast i know i can rely on my housemates to not call me stupid and silly and for them to be able to understand how im feeling, and tell me that im helping myself.

jokes.

great job, i need out of here.
Reply 145
First exam done :awesome:
Reply 146
Original post by PonchoKid
atleast i know i can rely on my housemates to not call me stupid and silly and for them to be able to understand how im feeling, and tell me that im helping myself.

jokes.

great job, i need out of here.

Did you manage to get to the shop last night in the end? Just remember, soon you will not have to see them again if you don't want to. You are not stupid or silly. People who don't have mental health issues do not understand :heart:
Original post by HmMusic
Did you manage to get to the shop last night in the end? Just remember, soon you will not have to see them again if you don't want to. You are not stupid or silly. People who don't have mental health issues do not understand :heart:

i did thanks :smile: they went to bed at half 10 so i made it to the co-op :smile:

i cant face this week i really cant. apparently i am, and this housemate should understand because apparently shes had depression. she just basically spent 3 minuets s;ating my entire existance :frown:
Original post by bullettheory
Has something happened?

Nope just me being pathetic :frown:
how are you doing today?

Thanks. That's how I'm working at the moment. Bit by bit. I think I've been looking at the whole thing instead of the little bits so it's been too overwhelming.

:hugs: well done for working atm though :smile: and good luck :smile:
Hey guys

I've finally got a chat room exclusively for MHSS peeps on my website. Basically like one big Skype conversation (no webcam or microphones im afraid though) with other MHSS guys and girls!

If you are interested and want to know the URL and the Username/Password - just PM me :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 150
Original post by PonchoKid
i did thanks :smile: they went to bed at half 10 so i made it to the co-op :smile:

i cant face this week i really cant. apparently i am, and this housemate should understand because apparently shes had depression. she just basically spent 3 minuets s;ating my entire existance :frown:

That isn't very considerate of her. I am sure if she has truly had depression before then she would have understood, unless she blanked the experience from her memory?

A friend sent me a quote the other day. I can't remember who said it, but it was something along the lines of "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

If people really think badly of you then they do not matter.

That is difficult for me to believe as well especially when a lot of my anxiety stems from how people view me, but it helped me when my friend sent it to me so I thought I'd pass it on.
Reply 151
Original post by HmMusic
Me too. Biiiiiig Hugs xxxxxx

I built up the courage to leave today. Spoke to another singer luckily they know the song so they can sing it. Going home to have a bath and sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Anonymous
:jumphug: Give me 2 secs and I'll come onto Skype.

Thanks guys, though I'm hiding on Skype atm as trying to get some work done so I can actually see people tonight (shocking, right?).

Met with new psych nurse who was totally nice and all but asked me some really triggering questions that have set me off a tiny bit (both on the PTSD front and suicide plans). I'm not entirely sure what it's meant to accomplish when they ask really intrusive questions about trauma which don't serve any purpose other than make me tactiley which is uncomfortable. Or for that matter when they ask me to expound Bad Plans in great detail when they can't DO anything to stop me and I don't want them to. Am meeting her again in a week and a half because we agreed it would be helpful for me to have someone else that I feel comfortable enough with to go see in a crisis, and she said she'd keep seeing me through all of next year as well. The problem is getting through the initial discomfort because I just hate hate hate being in a room alone with a non-safe person and having to talk about like the most triggering stuff imaginable. :cry2: But if psychiatrist and GP think I need a CPN then so be it I guess. Just hate it all and having a lot of Bad Thoughts atm. :bawling:

Will likely be on Skype and actually talking at some point this evening after going to see people and have pizza. I'm glad for the company but also a bit scared because:

Spoiler

Original post by Deyesy
First exam done :awesome:

:awesome:

PRSOM. :mob: Hope it went ace. :h:
I googled it and it seems to reduce efficacy. Here's one link I found:
http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2106-0,1461-865

I had to come off the combined pill because of migraines and stroke risk.... And now I don't want to mess about with hormones anymore as I have PCOS... so I'm hoping to go on the copper coil in summer. Sorry just randomly decided to tell you that :tongue:

Thanks! I went with a different non contraception killing anti anxiety instead

Yeah I did too that's why I went with Mirena. If it's any help, I didn't find the fitting painful at all, in fact it was one of the easier medical things I've had done so if you're anything like me and read 000s of stories of women going IT'S SO PAINFUL, try not to worry :tongue:
*sniffles* Really struggling with the physics engine but I'm crawling towards something that at least works. I'll spend today fighting with it and then hunt down my second supervisor tomorrow to ask questions.

How's your dissertation doing? I saw that a lot of you guys were pulling all nighters.

Anything I can help with?

Done :h: Handed it in at 15:05 today. Now just got to try and get coursework for one module done by Friday, and all done :biggrin: Really proud of myself for getting it done without an extension and everything
Reply 154
Typical.

I shower for first time in 3 days, then less than half an hour later I smell like smoke and general acrid-ness (it's a word, people) because my attempt to make soup led to a saucepan catching fire.
Add to that burns on fingers and it's really not cool.

And I'm hungryyyy and I can't even go to the shops for non-cooking food until the pan is cooled under the fire blanket in case it explodes (or something), but I also can't watch it from the kitchen because of All Of The Smoke. Silly Nut.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Thanks! I went with a different non contraception killing anti anxiety instead

Yeah I did too that's why I went with Mirena. If it's any help, I didn't find the fitting painful at all, in fact it was one of the easier medical things I've had done so if you're anything like me and read 000s of stories of women going IT'S SO PAINFUL, try not to worry :tongue:

That's the annoying thing about meds or contraception there is always some contra-indication that means you can't have it :mad:
Ah thanks that's reassuring :smile: I apparently have a high pain threshold anyway - doctors and nurses always think I'm weird when I have blood tests etc :rolleyes: or should I say they know I'm weird :wink:
Yeah I read a lot about people going OMG IT'S WORSE THAN CHILDBIRTH... but thought they'd be exaggerating or the kind of people who get a paper cut and go on about it for weeks on end :tongue:
Original post by Nut.
Typical.

I shower for first time in 3 days, then less than half an hour later I smell like smoke and general acrid-ness (it's a word, people) because my attempt to make soup led to a saucepan catching fire.

And I'm hungryyyy and I can't even go to the shops for non-cooking food until the pan is cooled under the fire blanket in case it explodes (or something), but I also can't watch it from the kitchen because of All Of The Smoke. Silly Nut.

Can you run a sink full of cold water and put the pan in there whilst you go to the shops? :hugs:
Reply 157
Original post by Nut.
Typical.

:uberhuggles: Yeah once it's a bit cooler putting in water might be a good plan (not while still hot cos the water will go all boiley and that'll be bad etc.)
That's the annoying thing about meds or contraception there is always some contra-indication that means you can't have it :mad:
Ah thanks that's reassuring :smile: I apparently have a high pain threshold anyway - doctors and nurses always think I'm weird when I have blood tests etc :rolleyes: or should I say they know I'm weird :wink:
Yeah I read a lot about people going OMG IT'S WORSE THAN CHILDBIRTH... but thought they'd be exaggerating or the kind of people who get a paper cut and go on about it for weeks on end :tongue:

Exactly! It's annoying
Haha I always thought I was a pussy but I'm alright providing there are no needles involved. In all honesty, a period hurts way more, or at least for me. I do have endometriosis though so mine are probably more painful than normal ones.

I think you'll be fine with it :smile:
Original post by rmhumphries
Anything I can help with?

Done :h: Handed it in at 15:05 today. Now just got to try and get coursework for one module done by Friday, and all done :biggrin: Really proud of myself for getting it done without an extension and everything

I've moved from my macbook to my computer so that's helping a lot. I'll stumbling towards something anyway :smile: I'll pester you when I'm stuck again though.

That's awesome! I'm proud of you too. Did you get it done how you'd planned?

Latest