The Student Room Group

bf/gf cpls how often do you text each other and what do you talk about?

I have blown millions of initially good interactions by sending bad texts to new girls whos number i get.

im interested to hear what bf/gfs tlak about to give me some 'real life case studies' of what is proper banter.

In the past ive either been too try hard or not messaged enough trying to play it too cool both which has resulted in blue balls and mounting rage towards women in general.

so how often is it proper to text and what do you discuss? just boring stuff like what you are eating, and what you are doing that day i presume? just to 'keep on the line' so to speak?
Me and my boyfriend text whenever we can, almost all day everyday. We talk about anything and everything, usually what we are doing that day or plans we have made together. Although we have been together so long so our conversations are mostly really random. I mean REALLY random.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Well for me it goes something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQuR8LVKhUE
Reply 3
Original post by hvanheerden1
Me and my boyfriend text whenever we can, almost all day everyday. We talk about anything and everything, usually what we are doing that day or plans we have made together. Although we have been together so long so our conversations are mostly really random. I mean REALLY random.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how random :P cus i need some help aswell, i feel like he gets so caught up in his games that he forgets to text, so i want the conversation to keep going.
Original post by Harambulus
I have blown millions of initially good interactions by sending bad texts to new girls whos number i get.

im interested to hear what bf/gfs tlak about to give me some 'real life case studies' of what is proper banter.

In the past ive either been too try hard or not messaged enough trying to play it too cool both which has resulted in blue balls and mounting rage towards women in general.

so how often is it proper to text and what do you discuss? just boring stuff like what you are eating, and what you are doing that day i presume? just to 'keep on the line' so to speak?

Only text if you have something interesting to say. If you don't have anything interesting to say, then maybe ask the girl questions. Sound interested in her life.
Reply 5
Advice from those who text their bf/gf is not going to be of much use to you because they already have a genuine interest in each other.
Any new girl you meet is not really going to be interested in how your day was and the like.

When you get their number, the best thing to do is to arrange a date as soon as possible (girls have a habit of flaking) and then in between dates you can text about things that you did in your date (make her remember how fun it was) or just text saying you can't wait for the next date (to remind her that you're still interested). If you feel the period in between dates is long then you can occasionally text her (once a day) to ask how things are but don't be too clingy and text all the time otherwise it'll come across like you've talked about everything and then there won't be any interest or curiosity in getting to know one another.

Personally, I'd say keep the texts to a minimum outside of the dates, you'll both feel like it's something you just have to do, kinda like small talk - pointless. When you have a real interest in each other then it becomes a lot easier.

Just advice.
Reply 6
So much neediness in this thread, sigh.

The poster above me pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Me and boyfriend text almost everyday. Just because there's always so much to say, so its natural to.

Just say whatever you feel like saying!
I hate it when guys play games with you, and do that whole 'wait x minutes before replying' thing !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Everyday. Usually send each other a few messages by text in the morning. And a few facebook messages throughout the day. Then fb message or text in evening or skype. (Sometimes we'll go a day without doing when busy etc. But very rarely)

Usually like how are you, what are you up to, and just general conversation. I really love messaging him everyday, as we don't see each other as often as I'd like
You need to play games. Girls do it, the second you stop, they will continue and they love the attention. It's hard not to play the game, but the game is what girls love. Keep texts brief and short, oh and not boring. Think of witty things to say or short punchy lines to keep a convo going. If you have something interesting to say, then start a convo but continue the game.

Keep all the personal stuff, i.e. asking about them and their lives for a date, that way you'll have stuff to talk about and you'll know straight away whether you click and if she's interested like that.
Me and my girlfriend talk about pretty much anything; it ranges from out studies to a cat:') however, I see what you mean, I always wonder if maybe were texting too much "/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending