The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C1 13/05/13

I couldn't find a thread for this so I figured I'd make you guys one.
Good Luck with your exams (If you're reading this before the exam starts.)- I'm sure it went well.
To the best of my knowledge there aren't any rules regarding discussion of OCR Exams so talk away :smile:
If you want to make an “unofficial mark scheme” , just quote me and I’ll set up links in the OP for you all to have a look at.

MrM's C1 13/05/13 OCR (Not MEI) Solutions

Just some people's thoughts: - If you can remember a question, post it and I'll answer.
Q1:

Spoiler

Q10:

Spoiler

The whole lot . . .

Spoiler

Paper's part way down page 14.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Pras123
How did you find it?

Its not been taken yet . . . :redface:
Reply 2
What did people get for the last question? For the point A?
I am in a meeting until 6 p.m. but will post the answers once I get home.
Reply 4
Original post by Han456

(-2, -27) here
Reply 5
Original post by Bohla
(-2, -27) here

SNAP
Reply 6
Original post by Han456

(1,0) what about you ?
Original post by Han456

I got two points, (-9,0) and (-2,-27).
Reply 8
Not seen it anywhere, how did you guys find it??
Reply 9
Got two points for A, was i supposed to pick one of the two or?
Had k=-5
Reply 10
What was the question again I just recognise the (-2,-27) but don't remember the actual question
Reply 11
Original post by eggfriedrice
I got two points, (-9,0) and (-2,-27).

but (-9,0) did not fit into the first equation so i thought only (-2,-27) was the answer
Reply 12
ffs was the factored version equal to -4. I had plus 4 :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by nicked95
but (-9,0) did not fit into the first equation so i thought only (-2,-27) was the answer

Thats exactly what my logic was because its a tangent to the curve at (-2,-27) yes at the other point the gradient was the same but it did not intersect the curve so my belief is its just the (-2,-27) point
Reply 14
What value did people get for k? And how?
I expanded the brackets, then differentiated it and said when dy/dx = 0 its a stationary point, then subbed in x=-3 and found k to be 49. I know that's wrong but would I get any method marks? Thanks :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Z.M.1
I expanded the brackets, then differentiated it and said when dy/dx = 0 its a stationary point, then subbed in x=-3 and found k to be 49. I know that's wrong but would I get any method marks? Thanks :smile:

That sounds very similar indeed to my method but I got -5 I think that there was probably an issue with your expansion that just threw it off cant promise anything but pretty sure you will pick up some marks !
Reply 16
Original post by Z.M.1

Exactly the right method i think. just a wrong calculation somewhere so you should get method marks.
Original post by nicked95

Ah I did not think of that. :tongue: you're probably right.
Original post by Z.M.1

I did the same... But got k=+5
I then got (1,0) as my coordinate.
If I recall, you got a nice quadratic in that question, by dividing by 1-x then rearranging into (x+2)^2 = 0

I got -2 -27 as well, since it was meant to be tangent I'm pretty sure it was meant to only have one point.

I think there are two methods for finding k, which i got as -5.
You can either use the formula and get 18 = 6+-root84-12k, which gets you k as -5, or sub it into the dy / dx equation with x as -3.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending