The Student Room Group

AQA A2 French Speaking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BS95
About a month away :/ revising the topics now, I'm fine when writing them, just trying remember all the vocab an ways of justifying whic is difficult, I really hope I get the pollution or energy subtopic! Definitely not racism etc
From the sounds of it you did well to get in your structures, what grade are you aiming for? True, the examiners know well be nervous and as we're not fluent at all it has to be marked according to that. I'm feeling more confident then was a few days ago! How many questions would you say on each 5 min section did you get?

Glad you're feeling a bit better about it! It's great that you've started revising now because if your exam is about a month away you're giving yourself plenty of time to get things sorted. I'm thinking that especially with the cultural topics, there will be phrases I learned for the speaking which I will remember and might be able to use in an essay in the writing exam.

Everyone has their own strengths, within the environment topic I think my best sub-topic was nuclear energy but I was really hoping I got multiculturalism and I did, so that was good. There is a 2 in 3 chance that you will get the topic you want! I would say they ask about 4 or 5 questions for each 5 minute section. The number of questions depends how long you speak for- don't ramble on so much for one question that they don't get time to ask any more, because it is a conversation and you'll be getting marks for interaction. But they're also looking for you to develop your answers and explain why you think certain things, so don't answer everything with just one sentence either.
Reply 21
Ah this is stressful cos I wanna do well in this.

We're studying 'La Haine' and 'Un Sac de Billes' for the cultural topics; the latter is pretty crap.

My oral's in about a months time, and I've just been writing out full sentences for each topic in terms of positives and negatives. Gonna try and consolidate all the content very soon by noting down key words, ideas for each topic etc.

I feel the same as you... writing is cool, but I find it more difficult to formulate sentences on the spot. Practice makes perfect.
Reply 22
Quick question for anyone who has done the exam already...
What topics for stimulus card have come up so far for 2013? (A2 FRENCH)
Original post by qaz1234
Quick question for anyone who has done the exam already...
What topics for stimulus card have come up so far for 2013? (A2 FRENCH)

Be careful asking something like this. We are not allowed to discuss what questions other candidates have had in case it gives an unfair advantage.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 24
Original post by jamboogy
Ah this is stressful cos I wanna do well in this.

We're studying 'La Haine' and 'Un Sac de Billes' for the cultural topics; the latter is pretty crap.

My oral's in about a months time, and I've just been writing out full sentences for each topic in terms of positives and negatives. Gonna try and consolidate all the content very soon by noting down key words, ideas for each topic etc.

I feel the same as you... writing is cool, but I find it more difficult to formulate sentences on the spot. Practice makes perfect.

Un sac de billes is awful, spent ages on prepping it and still struggle to answer about it:frown:
Reply 25
The day has almost arrived, and I'm feeling slightly more prepared now!! My exam is the day after tomorrow so I'm taking tomorrow off to revise :biggrin: Hope everyone who's done theirs so far did well, and best of luck to everyone who is yet to go!

Still a bit nervous about the cultural topics, but I think the cards will go (finger crossed) fine :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Connie
The day has almost arrived, and I'm feeling slightly more prepared now!! My exam is the day after tomorrow so I'm taking tomorrow off to revise :biggrin: Hope everyone who's done theirs so far did well, and best of luck to everyone who is yet to go!

Still a bit nervous about the cultural topics, but I think the cards will go (finger crossed) fine :smile:

Bonne chance! Mine is on Friday. Absolutely bricking it.
Reply 27
Done mine today! Glad ordeal is over, found stimulus cards easy! But examiner went off topic during book discussion, which didn't help! Good luck everyone :smile: just hope done enough for a A/B
I had my speaking exam today and thought it was awful!
My cultural topics were Un Sac De Billes and Amelie Poulain and my card was on pollution.
I thought the card was really difficult, it was on a subtopic we had never prepared for so I wasn't too happy about and the follow up questions were difficult too. At one point I just had to say 'je ne sais pas' because I didn't have clue what the examiner asked me!

I need a B so really hope it did well enough.
Anybody else in the same boat as me? x
Reply 29
Original post by ficharlton
I had my speaking exam today and thought it was awful!
My cultural topics were Un Sac De Billes and Amelie Poulain and my card was on pollution.
I thought the card was really difficult, it was on a subtopic we had never prepared for so I wasn't too happy about and the follow up questions were difficult too. At one point I just had to say 'je ne sais pas' because I didn't have clue what the examiner asked me!

I need a B so really hope it did well enough.
Anybody else in the same boat as me? x

Oui, je suis dans la meme enseigne!! I had pollution card A though, but heard other one wa awful! Hated un sac de billes question, examiner ase me to give examples of how I knew it was real life, after I'd said that Joffo had stated was based on his real experiences. She also asked me whether it should be translated into other European languages like Czech :/ need a B so bad, got a B at AS.. Glad this exams done tho!
Reply 30
Original post by BS95
Oui, je suis dans la meme enseigne!! I had pollution card A though, but heard other one wa awful! Hated un sac de billes question, examiner ase me to give examples of how I knew it was real life, after I'd said that Joffo had stated was based on his real experiences. She also asked me whether it should be translated into other European languages like Czech :/ need a B so bad, got a B at AS.. Glad this exams done tho!

Oh right I had nuclear energy! what was the pollution one on?
Original post by raxatax
Oh right I had nuclear energy! what was the pollution one on?

It was about who pollutes the most between Eiropean countries or America, China and India. Was horrible!
Reply 32
Hey do you remember any specific questions that you were asked on L'Etranger ?
'Un sac de billes"is absolutely awful! I have my exam in 3 weeks, only done essay questions on the book and I feel more than unprepared if that's even possible! Does anyone know if we need to remember quotes etc ?
the 2014 french oral for aqa is tommorooooowww.. absolutely scared. i really hope i get the environment as a card. (fingers crossed) please please please.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending