The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) C1 13/05/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a10
:biggrin: today is getting better xD so far I reckon iv got 100ums if im lucky with the grade boundaries.

wat did u get for the question that said wat values of x is the curve decreasing?

X <1/4

Original post by StickySteve
It was to solve a quadratic, with x^6 + x^3 + (..) or something and a typical method would be to substitute a = x^3 or something, and rewrite it as a^2 + b + c

I got x = + - 1/2

and my other x value was cuberoot of -1 ? But i mistook that for a square root though X(

Ah I remember, I got 1/2 and -1.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 121
Original post by StickySteve
It was to solve a quadratic, with x^6 + x^3 + (..) or something and a typical method would be to substitute a = x^3 or something, and rewrite it as a^2 + b + c

I got x = + - 1/2

and my other x value was cuberoot of -1 ? But i mistook that for a square root though X(

Wasnt it just x = -1/2 & x = -1?
I thought y = -1/8 & y = -1 so you just cube root both values to get x which would be -1/2 & -1
Or did I miscalculate something. :s
K=-5
A=(-2,-27)
Reply 123
last question was -3,-27
k= -5
the paper in general was good i thought. The first surd was booooky tho lol
Reply 124
Original post by Jack_King
Question 10iii) For the coordinates of A, I set the line equal to the curve, and then equated it to 0, then solved it using the remainder theorem, to obtain a quadratic, solved the quadratic and got X to be -2, subbed X value into the curve and got Y to be -27. So the point = (-2,-27) Would I get 5/5 marks for this method?

I did the same thing as you but because I had my K as -4, I got completely different values. But that is a completely valid method I believe.
What did people get for question 8? (the other 7 marker)
Original post by XiLE
Wasnt it just x = -1/2 & x = -1?
I thought y = -1/8 & y = -1 so you just cube root both values to get x which would be -1/2 & -1
Or did I miscalculate something. :s

I got the same, think its correct
Reply 127
Original post by eggfriedrice
X <1/4

Ah I remember, I got 1/2 and -1.

1/4???? wer did u get that from I put

x>-3/2
x < 4
Reply 128
what do you think the minimum mark will be for an A?
Reply 129
Original post by Lilhazzaman
First you say the dy/dx = -3x^2 ect.
Then you say dy/dx = 3x^2 ect.

I dont understand where the Negative has come from. Was the original equation; (x-1)(x^2+4x+k)?

yeah sorry, typing on phone.

dy/dx=-3x^2-6x+9
Reply 130
fuuuuuuuccckk cube rt -1 is still -1, i was thinking of sqrt -1 giving no solution. well, i was bound to lose one mark
Original post by Newbie95
I did the same thing as you but because I had my K as -4, I got completely different values. But that is a completely valid method I believe.

Same, I got K as -4! Don't know where I went wrong, but used all correct methods so out of the 12 marks for both the tangent and stationary point I hope to have got 8/9-ish:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mikemoore64
douse any one have the paper or is any one working on an unofficial mark scheme i would really like to know what i got ruffly.

*roughly

and mr m will put up unofficial MS tonight
I hope someone's cookin' up a mark scheme...
How many marks can you drop and still get 100ums, or do you need full raw marks for 100ums?
Reply 135
Original post by eggfriedrice
Guys, for the inequalities question
3-8x>4
Did you get x<-1/8 or x>-1/8

the first one
Original post by a10
1/4???? wer did u get that from I put

x>-3/2
x < 4

This is the quadratic right?
Question 8?
Reply 138
Original post by GeorgeBarrett1
How many marks can you drop and still get 100ums, or do you need full raw marks for 100ums?

if the A is 57 it may drop down to 71, and so on. its usually full raw in summer as everyone in yr 13 is resitting, or atleast thats the case in my 6th form
Original post by cheetahs56
FUUUUUU:frown:. So annoyed with myself, i reckon i've got around 60/72, will that be enough for an A?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, sounds like right on the boundary so hard to say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending