The Student Room Group

OCR MEI AS Mathematics Core 1 13/05/2013

Scroll to see replies

Weird to know this but I think it's 3 part 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone start a core 2 thread for Friday!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krishkmistry
Someone start a core 2 thread for Friday!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

done :smile:
Original post by krishkmistry
The rearranging bit - did anyone put the square root as positive because r was greater than 0 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, i talked to a few friends and they seemed confused :confused:
Reply 145
ahh i think i somehow read '12' as a letter 8b^3/4 god sake haha, oh well hopefully i will get one mark?!

Also for the very last question I put them equal to each other , then equal to zero, put the discriminant =0 and got K^2 - 6k = 0 so found k to be 0 or 6 . Did anyone else get this?!
Yes! *punches fist in air*

I felt that this paper was so easy and cool as opposed to January! XD
Reply 147

Yea I did but i was doubting myself haha
Reply 148
Anyone remember question two? It was a intersection question between two lines.
Original post by Magenta96
done :smile:

Link me please ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
For the very last question, did people get k=0 or k=4?

Thanks
You know the intersection question in question 10? (The first section B question ) Will you get away by writing that x=3root16 rather than 12? I wrote it last minute and my friend told me it simplified to 12? :/

I don't wanna lose that mark
Reply 153
Was the binomial expansion 5c3*4*64 which gives -2560
Reply 154
Original post by Sun_Bear
what did you guys get for the minimum value of y?

I think I got -7? had 3((x-1.5)^2 -7/3) so when multiplied out it was 3(x-1.5)^2-7
Or something to that effect, may have forgotten the exact numbers in the middle but definitely ended up with -7
Original post by jojo19apr
I think I got -7? had 3((x-1.5)^2 -7/3) so when multiplied out it was 3(x-1.5)^2-7
Or something to that effect, may have forgotten the exact numbers in the middle but definitely ended up with -7

Yes it was -7. I got that too.
Reply 156
Original post by Alan786
Was the binomial expansion 5c3*4*64 which gives -2560

Yeah, that's what I got.
Reply 158
Original post by PreppyNinja
You know the intersection question in question 10? (The first section B question ) Will you get away by writing that x=3root16 rather than 12? I wrote it last minute and my friend told me it simplified to 12? :/

I don't wanna lose that mark

May depend if they wanted it in it's simplest form, but technically it's the same value so you could have put anything equivalent to 12!
absolute trick of a question when you think you need to state the full coordinates - OCR will penalise that error but I got it right too - so glad I did a similar q in a past paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending