The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

kinda panicky now. hate not being in control.

look away squeamish folk :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I've moved from my macbook to my computer so that's helping a lot. I'll stumbling towards something anyway :smile: I'll pester you when I'm stuck again though.

That's awesome! I'm proud of you too. Did you get it done how you'd planned?

Pretty much, aye. There are a few small things which I could have done, but overall it was goood.
Reply 162
Original post by asdfgah
:awesome:

PRSOM. :mob: Hope it went ace. :h:

Apart from going to the wrong school at first, it did :tongue:

I'm having tonight off so I'll be around on Skype pretty much all night if talking would be any use, uh, I'll be around :hugs:
Anyone else wanna join the MHSS chatroom thing that bulletTheory has set up? PM me for details :smile:
Reply 164
Original post by Team_McDreamy
kinda panicky now. hate not being in control.

look away squeamish folk :tongue:

Spoiler

Does anyone at Uni know about it? Is there a nurse or someone you can speak to about getting some sort of special circumstances? If it is a medical condition I doubt they would refuse the request.
Mirtazapine has made me put on so much weight. It's getting ridiculous now. I just want to come off it, I really can't take this any more. :frown:
Reply 166
I feel like a freak and a failure for being so stupid and oblivious to this whole situation for 6 and a half months. I hate it. Want it all to be a bad dream.
Trying to figure out this chat think without making myself look like a dick has clearly failed :lol:
Original post by rmhumphries
Pretty much, aye. There are a few small things which I could have done, but overall it was goood.

:biggrin: There'll always be a couple of things you don't get chance to do but yay for it being good overall.

Finally won my battle with visual studio and have the box2d testbox working correctly so having a play with that with the plan to start working properly tomorrow. I know my theory now (that was a pain - I haven't done physics or maths since high school and I finished my GCSEs 10 years ago :tongue:) so it'll just be a case of putting in my numbers once I get started. I want it done by the end of the month but the earlier the better.
Original post by Mouse Potato
Mirtazapine has made me put on so much weight. It's getting ridiculous now. I just want to come off it, I really can't take this any more. :frown:

Is it possible for you to change ur medication or? :hugs: Or maybe theres some stuff you can do to help you lose some weight? I guess some things might be more effective than others. I know for me i try to keep a decent diet since i really struggle to exercise.

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Trying to figure out this chat think without making myself look like a dick has clearly failed :lol:

i dont think anyone here would think of you that way :hugs:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

Let me know if you need a hand with it - PM me...

What dose are you on? The weight gain gets less the higher the dose.
Original post by HmMusic
I feel like a freak and a failure for being so stupid and oblivious to this whole situation for 6 and a half months. I hate it. Want it all to be a bad dream.

You're not a freak or a failure at all! :jumphug: Given your other health conditions, it's understandable that you were oblivious to your pregnancy, especially as if I recall, you went to the doctor's and they didn't suggest a pregnancy test or anything either. You have absolutely nothing to blame yourself for, and I think you should be really proud of yourself for how you're dealing with it and getting things sorted and stuff. :hugs:

Is it making you feel better or worse? I quit after I came to the conclusion that putting two stone on (it made me crazy hungry constantly and there was nothing that would make it stop) because of mirtazapine was making even more miserable. If it's making you feel better then you can fix your weight afterwards. You have to kind of find the balance. Your doctor might be able to fix the urge to eat everything if you ask them. I can't take most things because I have mini strokes and we didn't want to risk that.

Original post by HmMusic

Little babies can be ninjas and it's pretty easy to miss a pregnancy. You noticed it now and you just have to work with your situation. It's not long now and then you can share the responsibility with your partner and family. It is not your fault that you missed it and that you feel scared and wish it wasn't happening and it's all completely normal. You just have to make the best of the situation and once you meet your little man, all this fear and worry will be completely worth it.

My ex was in the same situation. She/we missed the pregnancy at the start. We thought it was stress and too many McDonalds. I even held her hair back as she wa sick and we still didn't figure it out. By the time she realised it was too late to do anything and she was terrified just because all of the choices and control had been taken away. She had the baby though and it was all great for them from there.
Reply 174
Original post by Anonymous
You're not a freak or a failure at all! :jumphug: Given your other health conditions, it's understandable that you were oblivious to your pregnancy, especially as if I recall, you went to the doctor's and they didn't suggest a pregnancy test or anything either. You have absolutely nothing to blame yourself for, and I think you should be really proud of yourself for how you're dealing with it and getting things sorted and stuff. :hugs:

:h:ugs: I just feel like shutting down. I have too much work, too much to do. I'm a mess. Been crying on and off all afternoon.
Original post by HmMusic
:h:ugs: I just feel like shutting down. I have too much work, too much to do. I'm a mess. Been crying on and off all afternoon.

:hugs: Can you maybe take the evening off and chill out a bit, and then go back to it tomorrow? I know it seems really counter-intuitive when you've got a lot to do, but sometimes if you just recharge your batteries a bit, it can really help make things seem a bit less overwhelming and scary. Watch crappy telly, play games, cuddle your cats, chat to people...

Know the feeling about wanting to shut down. Spent an hour lying on my bedroom floor earlier feeling painfully anxious and numb and horrible. Still feeling fairly crap. Fed up and wanting to give up and run away. Or become a cat...
Lovin' life right now :yep:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 177
:hugs: Can you maybe take the evening off and chill out a bit, and then go back to it tomorrow? I know it seems really counter-intuitive when you've got a lot to do, but sometimes if you just recharge your batteries a bit, it can really help make things seem a bit less overwhelming and scary. Watch crappy telly, play games, cuddle your cats, chat to people...

Know the feeling about wanting to shut down. Spent an hour lying on my bedroom floor earlier feeling painfully anxious and numb and horrible. Still feeling fairly crap. Fed up and wanting to give up and run away. Or become a cat...

I wish I was a cat. I just had a chat to my boyfriend about how I feel and he helped so much. I told him how it is all my fault cos I wasn't taking my tablet properly, and not looking after myself and that's why I was taken off the pill, and I expected him to be angry with me but he wasn't and that helped. He showed me the baby clothes someone from work gave us, which he was keeping as a surprise, and described how good of a family we will be, how the baby will love us and we will love him and be a family. Now I'm still terrified but less panicky, still crying though.

I don't want to do the washing up or cook dinner. But I left it too long again. There is so much work to do. I feel guilty if I sit around but it is literally the only thing I want to do.
Original post by HmMusic
I wish I was a cat. I just had a chat to my boyfriend about how I feel and he helped so much. I told him how it is all my fault cos I wasn't taking my tablet properly, and not looking after myself and that's why I was taken off the pill, and I expected him to be angry with me but he wasn't and that helped. He showed me the baby clothes someone from work gave us, which he was keeping as a surprise, and described how good of a family we will be, how the baby will love us and we will love him and be a family. Now I'm still terrified but less panicky, still crying though.

I don't want to do the washing up or cook dinner. But I left it too long again. There is so much work to do. I feel guilty if I sit around but it is literally the only thing I want to do.

Being a cat would be awesome. I'm glad chatting to your boyfriend was so helpful, he sounds like he's being really supportive. :smile: I'm glad you're less panicky - it's natural to be terrified about having a baby! I think any expectant parent is to be honest! From what I've seen of your posts here and chatting to you on Skype the other day, you seem like a lovely person, and I'm sure you and your partner will be fantastic parents. :smile:

Can definitely empathise with just wanting to sit around... Maybe work in really small chunks, say, 20 minutes work, 10 minute break, and see if that helps you do stuff at all? Hopefully if you get into it, it'll be easier as well. Often motivation is the hardest part...
Reply 179
Being a cat would be awesome. I'm glad chatting to your boyfriend was so helpful, he sounds like he's being really supportive. :smile: I'm glad you're less panicky - it's natural to be terrified about having a baby! I think any expectant parent is to be honest! From what I've seen of your posts here and chatting to you on Skype the other day, you seem like a lovely person, and I'm sure you and your partner will be fantastic parents. :smile:

Can definitely empathise with just wanting to sit around... Maybe work in really small chunks, say, 20 minutes work, 10 minute break, and see if that helps you do stuff at all? Hopefully if you get into it, it'll be easier as well. Often motivation is the hardest part...

He is being the best. I am so grateful for him.

Latest