The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bustabust
Your pretty dim.

:colondollar:
Reply 141
Original post by thesabbath
Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Celts, Picts, Friesians, Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians all have one thing in common: they are WHITE. Since the British people are a fusion of those peoples they too are naturally white.

The above people all had a European culture and NOT an African or an Asian culture. Britain too has a European culture and English is a Germanic language -- which also happens to be European.

What is totally unacceptable is the importation of millions of 3rd world aliens and making foreign ghettos of our large cities changing both the racial and cultural homogeneity of this country.

Why does pointing this out make me a "racist", but if you celebrate the fact that there are less white people in the UK you are an "anti-racist"?

You're not anti-racist at all, you're anti-white.

Racial and cultural homogeneity? didn't the English hate the Irish as well as the Scots and Welsh hated the English while some Irish men hated the scots and they all hated the English together before the "importation" of 3rd world aliens :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by playingcards
:colondollar:

Oh dear, I have made a typo. I see you have taken this as an opportunity to disregard all the other points made in the post.
but they won't be raised around similar social values
We don't know that.

I KNOW.

I am stating that these trends exist.

I am saying that they are important.
Why do you value group-based statistical generalisations over individualised empirical facts?
for highlighting the truth, that white British children are fast becoming a minority in regions of their own country? why do you hate white people so much that you celebrate their ethnic replacement?

Their own country? What makes it one's country? To have been born here? To have parents and/or grandparents also born here? To have your great great great x50 grandparent to have been born here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2ndClass
Racial and cultural homogeneity? didn't the English hate the Irish as well as the Scots and Welsh hated the English while some Irish men hated the scots and they all hated the English together before the "importation" of 3rd world aliens :s-smilie:

and people still believe multiculturalism can work :rolleyes:
Original post by whyumadtho
We don't know that.

Why do you value group-based statistical generalisations over individualised empirical facts?

I believe that the trends that exist are so deeply entrenched in different communities that they will have significant effects on children born into these ethnic groups, to the extent that the original causes of the trends are, or soon will be, irrelevant.
Reply 147
I didn't say "only". I simply said that there are trends if you like. I have more in common with the cultures of other White people. There is more difference between me and a Pakistani than someone White Scottish. This perfectly exemplifies my point, I'm not sure how you think it doesn't.

That you think you would feel more at home living with a German or Polish or Hungarian white family than you would with a fully-westernised British Asian family only goes to show that you've spent literally no time outside of your little bubble. Go live abroad for a year and come back when you're in the middle of intense culture shock.
Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Celts, Picts, Friesians, Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians all have one thing in common: they are WHITE. Since the British people are a fusion of those peoples they too are naturally white.

The above people all had a European culture and NOT an African or an Asian culture. Britain too has a European culture and English is a Germanic language -- which also happens to be European.

What is totally unacceptable is the importation of millions of 3rd world aliens and making foreign ghettos of our large cities changing both the racial and cultural homogeneity of this country.

Why does pointing this out make me a "racist", but if you celebrate the fact that there are less white people in the UK you are an "anti-racist"?

You're not anti-racist at all, you're anti-white.

But I’m not celebrating there being fewer white people in the UK. Nobody is advocating that. And it isn’t happening either the white population is growing.
The problem you have is this: you view British culture as intrinsic to being white. But this simply isn’t the case. As we’ve seen in this thread, socialization is the determinant of culture, not skin colour. Which leads on to the question, once again, why the hell does it matter what colour people are?
Original post by Ronove
That you think you would feel more at home living with a German or Polish or Hungarian white family than you would with a fully-westernised British Asian family only goes to show that you've spent literally no time outside of your little bubble. Go live abroad for a year and come back when you're in the middle of intense culture shock.

Pretty sure I said White Scottish, meaning at no point did I say that the groups you mentioned would be similar. Nice try, though.
Reply 150
and people still believe multiculturalism can work :rolleyes:

No what I'm saying is, even if you deport everysingle foreigner you won't have this white blue eyed utopia that you're dreaming of. Think of it like this, these 3rd world aliens and your hatred toward them helps to keep the rest of you white folk from killing each other.

If you look at it from an economic perspective, chinese investment in Africa, and India's growing economic power will make it less of an incentive for people to immigrate here and may even convince some people to go back willingly.

The people you should really worry about are not the 3rd world aliens who have a plethora of immigration restrictions placed on them. The Poles and Slovak and the rest of the EU who can come here en masse should be your real concern. Then we'll see how well they assimilate to your ideal of a "European culture".
(edited 10 years ago)
Your pretty dim. ONCE AGAIN I will state that I do not believe in inherent traits between races. However, you cannot deny that different cultures exist even between equivalent classes in different countries. I am not debating the cause of this, simply stating that tradition in regions dictates the tradition of an ethnic group, traditions they bring with them to other countries, affecting the way they form their culture in said new country. The trends exist in certain races.

OK, so follow it through to a logical conclusion.

Your issue is:

People of white ethnicity are more likely to be socialized into a stereotypically British culture.
People on non-white ethnicity are more likely to be socialized into a hybrid or alien culture.
Therefore we should seek to preserve white British ethnicity if we wish to preserve British culture.

My initial response is:

How do you determine what British culture is?
Reply 152
bustabust
Pretty sure I said White Scottish, meaning at no point did I say that the groups you mentioned would be similar. Nice try, though.

I didn't say "only". I simply said that there are trends if you like. I have more in common with the cultures of other White people. There is more difference between me and a Pakistani than someone White Scottish. This perfectly exemplifies my point, I'm not sure how you think it doesn't.

Found that for you.
Reply 153
If you're white British you're advocating the gradual genocide of your own race.

If you are not white British you are not in a position to patronize those who care about their nation and its people.

I am brown and my grandfather was killed fighting for the British Army. You make me sick. Just because he is not white, that does not make him any less British. Which means my family has given more to the UK than you will ever be able to. My dad gives so much tax, I (hopefully) will be in a position to do so as well, my mum pays tax, my brother pays tax, my whole family pays tax, so society can run, so I do have a right to care about England. What is so bad about multiculturalism? Its gives millions of people a better life. It gives people a opportunity to shine and earn money. Colour is not everything you racist scumbag.
OK, so follow it through to a logical conclusion.

Your issue is:

People of white ethnicity are more likely to be socialized into a stereotypically British culture.
People on non-white ethnicity are more likely to be socialized into a hybrid or alien culture.
Therefore we should seek to preserve white British ethnicity if we wish to preserve British culture.

My initial response is:

How do you determine what British culture is?

Your first two lines are correct. My issue, really, is that this no white school thing is a problem. because of the different cultures between different races, the fact that schools exist where one of these cultures, the biggest, majority culture, does not exist, is problematic. The fact that this would imply communities with few or no White British people exist large enough to contain schools is segregation and a problematic lack of integration.

I am not talking of preserving ethnicity at all.
Original post by Ronove
Found that for you.

That is in a seperate context that I should have perhaps made more clear.

Within this country, I share more in common with White citizens. If I went to say, Pakistan and Hungary, I would think that I would share more with the Hungarians. I did not mean to compare non-British whites and British non-whites.
But I’m not celebrating there being fewer white people in the UK. Nobody is advocating that. And it isn’t happening either the white population is growing.
The problem you have is this: you view British culture as intrinsic to being white. But this simply isn’t the case. As we’ve seen in this thread, socialization is the determinant of culture, not skin colour. Which leads on to the question, once again, why the hell does it matter what colour people are?

because we are sleepwalking into a segregated society thanks to this misguided but well meaning belief that colour never matters

why is this multicultural experiment only conducted in white countries?

what if we said that japan was too homogeneous and needed more "diversity" ie less japanese people. would you expect the native population of japan to bear no objection to this?
I believe that the trends that exist are so deeply entrenched in different communities that they will have significant effects on children born into these ethnic groups, to the extent that the original causes of the trends are, or soon will be, irrelevant.
The culture-bearing unit is the individual: this is a fact. For example, my entire lexicon has been developed based on the adoption of words that I have seen or heard other people use. It doesn't matter where I'm born, what ethnic identity I hold, or what other people with the same ethnic identity know; if I, as an individual, do not encounter a specific word, I will never know it*. Statistical generalisations do not have any bearing on the empirical facts of cultural distribution. Why do you insist on imprecision when precision is available?

*This is why I argue 'integration' is a unachievable and mythical notion; we will never be exposed to (much less adopt) the full range of cultural themes that exist within each individual. We will always be incompatible with somebody.
Your first two lines are correct. My issue, really, is that this no white school thing is a problem. because of the different cultures between different races, the fact that schools exist where one of these cultures, the biggest, majority culture, does not exist, is problematic. The fact that this would imply communities with few or no White British people exist large enough to contain schools is segregation and a problematic lack of integration.

I am not talking of preserving ethnicity at all.
Your failing to tell me what British culture is indicates it is an empirically vacuous concept, yet you somehow believe 'it' is held, exclusively, within 'white' British children. Why is this?
Original post by whyumadtho
The culture-bearing unit is the individual: this is a fact. For example, my entire lexicon has been developed based on the adoption of words that I have seen or heard other people use. It doesn't matter where I'm born, what ethnic identity I hold, or what other people with the same ethnic identity know; if I, as an individual, do not encounter a specific word, I will never know it*. Statistical generalisations do not have any bearing on the empirical facts of cultural distribution. Why do you insist on imprecision when precision is available?

*This is why I argue 'integration' is a unachievable and mythical notion; we will never be exposed to (much less adopt) the full range of cultural themes that exist within each individual. We will always be incompatible with somebody.

I am not suggesting integration in terms of everybody knowing everything about every culture and people. I am just saying that the majority group of a country not being present in something as large as a school is segregation, as in the opposite of integration. Integration as in being exposed to a reasonable amount of other cultures; this cannot be happening if the majority group is not present.

Latest

Trending

Trending