The Student Room Group

AQA French Listening and Reading

How did others find these two exams today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought the reading was really easy but the listening was hard :frown:
Reading was okay. I thought the Olympics question was quite hard! The listening was just insanely hard.
Reply 3
Original post by gomg
I thought the reading was really easy but the listening was hard :frown:

Yeah I agree! The embarrassing question on listening was awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
THANK YOU! someone else who feels like that, it was insanely hard, the embarrassing incident one, the last art of that question I just wrote nothing, it was horrific.
Reply 5
I was surprised by how hard the listening was (especially the embarrassing question) but I found the reading pretty easy.
Reply 6
Original post by lulazzzzz
THANK YOU! someone else who feels like that, it was insanely hard, the embarrassing incident one, the last art of that question I just wrote nothing, it was horrific.

Apparently it was something to do with spilling coke... Then something about short hair...

I put none of that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Toriar
I was surprised by how hard the listening was (especially the embarrassing question) but I found the reading pretty easy.

yeah I was very happy with the reading :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by elizanissim
Apparently it was something to do with spilling coke... Then something about short hair...

I put none of that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah she spilled coke and the secretary died of laughter or something? That's what I put anyway.
And the other one was that there was a person with short hair at the ice cream store that she runs and she thought it was a man but it was a woman.

I just about managed to get those 2 but the last 1 I had no idea so I just made a guess :P
Reply 9
I agree I thought the listening was really hard much harder than all previous ones however i did Think the reading was really easy
Reply 10
Original post by Toriar
Yeah she spilled coke and the secretary died of laughter or something? That's what I put anyway.
And the other one was that there was a person with short hair at the ice cream store that she runs and she thought it was a man but it was a woman.

I just about managed to get those 2 but the last 1 I had no idea so I just made a guess :P

Well that's 4 marks out the window for me then! *praying for low grade boundaries*. the last one I i put D and G

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by elizanissim
Well that's 4 marks out the window for me then! *praying for low grade boundaries*. the last one I i put D and G

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh judging by the reactions of everyone on here and people at my school the grade boundaries will be low so I wouldn't worry too much!! :smile:
Reply 12
For the last embarrassing one I got he made a funny impression of the boss.
Any one have ideas of the school 50 years ago? Mine is DG,EA
As for that Neoline girl I put ABAB which doesn't seems convincing.
Reply 13
Original post by AndyChow
For the last embarrassing one I got he made a funny impression of the boss.
Any one have ideas of the school 50 years ago? Mine is DG,EA
As for that Neoline girl I put ABAB which doesn't seems convincing.

I can't remember the letters but I got separate classes for girls and boys and discipline for the first 2 boxes and then class size and the school day for the next 2 boxes but I guessed the school day one and I wasn't really sure of the other ones so definitely don't assume those are right

For neoline I got CBAC, I felt quite confident that they were all right except for the first one but yeah I may be wrong
Reply 14
Original post by Toriar
I can't remember the letters but I got separate classes for girls and boys and discipline for the first 2 boxes and then class size and the school day for the next 2 boxes but I guessed the school day one and I wasn't really sure of the other ones so definitely don't assume those are right

For neoline I got CBAC, I felt quite confident that they were all right except for the first one but yeah I may be wrong

Sigh... I already threw 13 marks down the bin hope the boundary will be very low...
Reply 15
Original post by AndyChow
Sigh... I already threw 13 marks down the bin hope the boundary will be very low...

Like I said before I think they will be low because I haven't seen one person who thought the test wasn't hard and please don't take my answers as correct and be disheartened because I'm not too confident either! :tongue:
Reading was okay, listening was bloody hard!
Reply 17
The reading was fine for me but the listening was so so hard! Everyone came out of the exam saying it was hard even the people in my class that usually get the best grades so the grade boundaries will be low. The listening paper was harder than a past listening paper and the grade boundary for that one was 29/40 so im guessing this year it might be 26/40 which sounds kinda low but the exam was so hard!
Reply 18
Listening was easy, reading was hard.
i had no idea what to do on the last page. :s-smilie:
Reply 19
I did foundation listening SUPER EASY! And Higher reading, which was easy too! Yay! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest