The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by t_fresh101
How hard was the psych a1 in jan?

Not very hard at first glance but alot of people failed.

I got 42 of 72 and got a C so the mustve lowered the boundaries.
To give you an idea of how picky the examiners were, someone got their paper back and got a wrong answer for putting voluntary sample instead of volunteer sample.
My 42 was one of the highest at my center lol.
The 12 mrker was on privation i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by Asterisk49
Not very hard at first glance but alot of people failed.

I got 42 of 72 and got a C so the mustve lowered the boundaries.
To give you an idea of how picky the examiners were, someone got their paper back and got a wrong answer for putting voluntary sample instead of volunteer sample.
My 42 was one of the highest at my center lol.
The 12 mrker was on privation i think

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's ridiculous, just because he put voluntary instead of volunteer? I hope I dont fail this exam and I hate AQA so much.
I'm really hoping for something on Richard III, rebellions, Henry VII's foreign policy or Wolsey's domestic reforms :colonhash: hopefully nothing on finance, trade or the Church
Original post by iheartdjokovic
I'm really hoping for something on Richard III, rebellions, Henry VII's foreign policy or Wolsey's domestic reforms :colonhash: hopefully nothing on finance, trade or the Church

These all seem highly likely given the Jan 13 paper but it's impossible to be sure.
Reply 84
Original post by iheartdjokovic

Trade is very unlikely as it came up in Jan. I expect:

-Richard
- Tudor Consolidation of power

-Something about rebellions
-Foreign policy

-Fall of wolsey
- Domestic policy and maybe if there harsh something about the church
Reply 85
Anyone want to guess what they think will come up?
Reply 86
Hey I'm doing this paper as well and I'm really scared honestly have no idea how I'm going to get a reasonable grade + I really have problems with the 24markers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wishing you all luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by johngob
Trade is very unlikely as it came up in Jan. I expect:

-Richard
- Tudor Consolidation of power

-Something about rebellions
-Foreign policy

-Fall of wolsey
- Domestic policy and maybe if there harsh something about the church

I'll be so so happy if this is right :redface:
Reply 89
Original post by Nay95
Hey I'm doing this paper as well and I'm really scared honestly have no idea how I'm going to get a reasonable grade + I really have problems with the 24markers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry you're not the only one.
I have problem with timing as well, it doesnt give me a chance to think/how to structure my essay or let me explain properly. Probs because my teacher doesn't know how to teach but oh wells lol.

Fingers crossed for Consolidation and Richard haha. Good luck to you all :smile:
Reply 90
Can anyone guess what the 12 mark questions will be?
Reply 91
I made a prediction a little bit higher up.
Original post by Nay95

Posted from TSR Mobile

To get an A based on previous mark schemes, you basically need 16 on each 24 and 10 on each 12.
Thats just for an A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just had a thought, what if they do something really crazy like "how successful was Richard in dealing with challenges to his throne in the years 1483 to 1485?".

Im scared now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Just had a thought, what if they do something really crazy like "how successful was Richard in dealing with challenges to his throne in the years 1483 to 1485?".

Im scared now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Success- Buckingham and ... not sure

Unsucessful - Bosworth and ... not sure lool

Doubt it would come up as there's little to talk about

Im scared now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really doubt it as there's so little to say - Bosworth and the Buckingham rebellion are the only big things you could really talk about.
Original post by johngob
Success- Buckingham and ... not sure

Unsucessful - Bosworth and ... not sure lool

Doubt it would come up as there's little to talk about

But what if... IT DOES!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got 3 (decent) factors on why Henry VII may have wanted peace with Scotland? The only one I can think of is that he wanted to keep costs down in order to stabilise his throne - e.g Cornish tax rebellion of 1497 was due to the levy imposed to raise money for the war against Scotland.

Thanks
Reply 98
Then we'd probably be f'ed. What else could you talk about?
Reply 99
Original post by Endless Blue
Anyone got 3 (decent) factors on why Henry VII may have wanted peace with Scotland? The only one I can think of is that he wanted to keep costs down in order to stabilise his throne - e.g Cornish tax rebellion of 1497 was due to the levy imposed to raise money for the war against Scotland.

Thanks

James IV supported Warbeck and wanted to isolate him
Your one
Desire for peace rather war
Alliance?

Latest

Trending

Trending