The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woo!!! Someone as knowledgeable as me! Jeez, where IS your parent's shop? Smack-bang in the middle of the square-mile? I was initially fixated on the idea of working for a BB on a Currencies or Commodities desk and then moving into a top Algorithm shop like Jane Street and DE Shaw (wouldn't mind the Citadel either) or a top Commodities house like Glencore and Trafigura.

Alas, I'm now leaning towards IBD or Strategy Consulting to leverage contacts so I can eventually secure funding for a couple of start-up projects. We shall have to see, maybe the allure of the markets will call on me in university. The next Bill-Warren Buffet-Gates sounds more fitting doesn't it?
Original post by s.was99
Try having 17. I'm dreading these next 2 months

I have 20

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 982
Original post by Olympiad
Ok guys I'm going to attempt some revision nobody speak or more or even dare to breath until I'm back!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone party.......NOW!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 983
Original post by Princepieman
Woo!!! Someone as knowledgeable as me! Jeez, where IS your parent's shop? Smack-bang in the middle of the square-mile? I was initially fixated on the idea of working for a BB on a Currencies or Commodities desk and then moving into a top Algorithm shop like Jane Street and DE Shaw (wouldn't mind the Citadel either) or a top Commodities house like Glencore and Trafigura.

Alas, I'm now leaning towards IBD or Strategy Consulting to leverage contacts so I can eventually secure funding for a couple of start-up projects. We shall have to see, maybe the allure of the markets will call on me in university. The next Bill-Warren Buffet-Gates sounds more fitting doesn't it?

You get warning points if you don't translate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 5 :biggrin:
Reply 985
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm gonna disappear from this thread for a bit :tongue:

I'll still be on TSR though :wink:

Whyyyy! :'( I guess i'll bug you on kIK... If you stay on there. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 986

DAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNN. Good luck
I'm gonna disappear from this thread for a bit :tongue:

I'll still be on TSR though :wink:

:O ..... I shall track your thread movements :biggrin: ....

AND I may be doing further maths AS next year .... not too sure though yet :smile: what exams will I have to do ? :smile:
Original post by Jina
You get warning points if you don't translate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahahahah a :biggrin: This will help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Investment_Banking_and_Consultancy_Acronym_Glossary
:wink:
What's your last? Mines Classics - geography and classics clashed so I chose to do Geo first

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics :smile: Decent one to finish with, but I've got to get 155/160 to get an A* overall because coursework was poor :frown:
Original post by techno836
:O ..... I shall track your thread movements :biggrin: ....

AND I may be doing further maths AS next year .... not too sure though yet :smile: what exams will I have to do ? :smile:

FP1, and whichever applied you haven't done, FM aS is same difficulty as maths AS tbh
Original post by Jina
Whyyyy! :'( I guess i'll bug you on kIK... If you stay on there. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jinaaaaa....:wink:
How did the exam go?
FP1, and whichever applied you haven't done, FM aS is same difficulty as maths AS tbh

that will alright then ... and I think we do S1 for maths AS and M1 for A2 so I think it will be M2 :smile:
Reply 993

LOL... Be back in 5 years! -_- I recognise the name of some of those banks though... 2 minutes away from me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 994
Original post by Armani786
Jinaaaaa....:wink:
How did the exam go?

I can't say... Allowed to discuss only after 12! I'll message you then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 995
never heard of it, do you have a link to a past paper? I like doing other subjects past papers for fun :P

Once got 86% on a Law GCSE AQA paper I did for jokes

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really easy :smile:
Paper:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-4800W-W-QP-JUN11.PDF

Mark scheme:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-4800W-W-MS-JUN11.PDF
Original post by Princepieman

Quantitative finance is where it's at :colone: I wouldn't really be interested in IBD front office etc
Original post by Jina
I can't say... Allowed to discuss only after 12! I'll message you then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come we have to discussafter 12?
Okay! :smile:
Reply 998
Original post by Armani786
How come we have to discussafter 12?
Okay! :smile:

Because Edexcel is an international board so some countries have yet to sit the exam? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Because Edexcel is an international board so some countries have yet to sit the exam? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay thanks for tellin me...:smile:

Latest