The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King Amukee
are you on ocr? because my paper 1 is on the 23rd, and im on aqa

Nah man I'm on edexcel :smile:
Reply 1021
Original post by techno836
hmmmmmmm I shall check the biology ones tomorrow as most will be on foundation anyway :L

sure it's only English:smile:
Time to revise Physics :h:
Hmm, I've heard that MFEs / FinMaths are now very much acceptable and arguably a better investment than a PhD if you're sure about wanting to be a quant. Though admittedly, the guy who told me this is from the US. If you're in year 11 now though, you've got 5 years minimum before you complete your undergrad degree, so the situation could quite easily change, as the course would be a lot less "new"!

I'm not too sure if a CQF would cut it against all the MFEs and PhDs, but I could be wrong. I don't claim to be immensely knowledgeable on this subject :dontknow:

Indeed, we mathmos don't backstab :smug: though the fact that we would "sell our souls" and enter the financial world does say a lot :emo:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NoMathsPlease
Nah man I'm on edexcel :smile:

ahh right, good luck :') and dont get mixed up with fleming's left hand rule... or was it his right hand? xD
Original post by Bude8

Easiest one :tongue: good luck although doubt it's really needed for Physics Paper 1 😂
Original post by Bude8

Biology for me :smile:
ahh right, good luck :') and dont get mixed up with fleming's left hand rule... or was it his right hand? xD

Cheers! Haha classic banter! Right hand rule is used for generator anyway, but we don't need that for GCSE :tongue:
Original post by justinawe
Nerds who know how to interview well? Quite an apt description of me, tbh :lol:

Models and the bottles :rofl: did you watch that video?

It is true though, people seem to portray the as woman slaying alpha males when in actuality most prefer the comfort of their own home.

I'm not quite sure which one you're suggesting, I've seen a lot of banking videos.
Ugh sick of exams already
Original post by Bluffroom

Which one?

So tired... but I must revise!
Original post by Princepieman
It is true though, people seem to portray the as woman slaying alpha males when in actuality most prefer the comfort of their own home.

I'm not quite sure which one you're suggesting, I've seen a lot of banking videos.

http://www.tradeitdontdateit.com/modelsandbottles/
Perhaps a fall-back plan for my Physics-degree life :pierre: :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Elm Tree
Which one?

So tired... but I must revise!

All of them!

how many have you had? did your little revision do you any good :wink: :colonhash:
Reply 1035
Original post by Olympiad
never heard of it, do you have a link to a past paper? I like doing other subjects past papers for fun :P

Once got 86% on a Law GCSE AQA paper I did for jokes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it! Was absolute rubbish! Although I 'passed', even though I have no clue what the hell it is, even now! It's actually quite fun! I might do that sometime!
By which you mean, physically with their computers then yes, quants can do models. Dom is only reserved to the truly elite, call me back when you can have parties in your yacht then we shall see. :pierre:
(edited 10 years ago)
same, and the lit paper after that is on the same day as the physics which has the most topics of all -.-

I only take one English Lit exam as I'm on CIE IGCSE :smile:

Is anyone else taking the AQA Level 1/2 IGCSE Biology tomorrow? Completely bricking it, so nervous :eek:
Original post by MattFletcher
how many have you had? did your little revision do you any good :wink: :colonhash:

3 so far

It did me well :h:
3 so far

It did me well :h:

:unimpressed: