The Student Room Group

Well,

I'm 17.
Never actually been in a relationship.
There's a girl I've had a crush on for roughly 6 years now.
Now that I think about it, how the hell did I like someone at 11? Seems awfully young. But that's the case.

We used to see each other almost everyday up until last year when she moved to another college.

We still talk, text etc. But barely meet up.

Asking her out is out of the question, she doesn't like me. That much is clear. We're friends, I've accepted that in a sense.

I can't go a couple of days without texting or communicating with her in some way. I've tried to get over her in the past, but it hasn't worked. And the majority of advice handed to me (in the first year I liked her, the minority I told thinks I got over her within the first 6 months) involved me not talking to her again.. Which didn't work out as it's 6 years later now.

Within those 6 years she's had one boyfriend, whom she liked for 2 years. I kind of helped them get together. Which I realize was counter-productive but in the least soppy way possible, I guess I just wanted to see her happy. (Yes, I heard it - cliche as hell). But seeing them together depressed me to the point where I couldn't work. I couldn't think. I didn't want to do anything really, other than just sit. Listen to music. That relationship lasted 3 months; turns out he wasn't [isn't] the nicest person in the world.

Liking her will continue, probably. Until something changes. Like, I don't know, phone's cease to exist. The internet dies out. It's an addiction. One no-one will ever know about, really. They say friendships last forever because you want to be with your friends forever. 'Want' should be replaced with 'Need'.

I think I'm happy how things are. So there isn't really a problem here. Sorry if that was anticlimactic.

I've had that bottled up for a while. Haven't told anyone. I guess I just wanted to share it. Perhaps see if others have similar stories?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17.
Never actually been in a relationship.
There's a girl I've had a crush on for roughly 6 years now.
Now that I think about it, how the hell did I like someone at 11? Seems awfully young. But that's the case.

We used to see each other almost everyday up until last year when she moved to another college.

We still talk, text etc. But barely meet up.

Asking her out is out of the question, she doesn't like me. That much is clear. We're friends, I've accepted that in a sense.

I can't go a couple of days without texting or communicating with her in some way. I've tried to get over her in the past, but it hasn't worked. And the majority of advice handed to me (in the first year I liked her, the minority I told thinks I got over her within the first 6 months) involved me not talking to her again.. Which didn't work out as it's 6 years later now.

Within those 6 years she's had one boyfriend, whom she liked for 2 years. I kind of helped them get together. Which I realize was counter-productive but in the least soppy way possible, I guess I just wanted to see her happy. (Yes, I heard it - cliche as hell). But seeing them together depressed me to the point where I couldn't work. I couldn't think. I didn't want to do anything really, other than just sit. Listen to music. That relationship lasted 3 months; turns out he wasn't [isn't] the nicest person in the world.

Liking her will continue, probably. Until something changes. Like, I don't know, phone's cease to exist. The internet dies out. It's an addiction. One no-one will ever know about, really. They say friendships last forever because you want to be with your friends forever. 'Want' should be replaced with 'Need'.

I think I'm happy how things are. So there isn't really a problem here. Sorry if that was anticlimactic.

I've had that bottled up for a while. Haven't told anyone. I guess I just wanted to share it. Perhaps see if others have similar stories?

How do you know that she doesn't like you, has she actually said this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending